Get ready.

+
Promised myself I would never pre-order a game again. Fuck my promises! I pre-ordered the game so hard my finger penetrated the keyboard, my desk, the floor, and I accidentally fingered the old lady living in the apartment under me as if my finger was driven by some divine unstoppable purpose.

Holy shit I'm hyped. I can't control it, I'm losing it! I'M LOSING IT!

they could have made a trailer with actual gameplay footage. we all know this is a choice based game, didn't need to make a super fancy CGI trailer to show a mission going wrong. Treat your player base with respect CDPR we aren't casual morons who get hyped over CGI trailers.

Guest 4149880

Sorry dude. I tried to stop myself, but the hype overwhelmed me.

You're safe, it's for those saying they aren't pre-ordering because CDPR hasn't shown gameplay yet, even though E3 just started this week.

they could have made a trailer with actual gameplay footage. we all know this is a choice based game, didn't need to make a super fancy CGI trailer to show a mission going wrong. Treat your player base with respect CDPR we aren't casual morons who get hyped over CGI trailers.

Yeah, I'm obviously a CDPR fanboy, but I had a much clearer idea of what I was getting into with past Witcher games because they detailed mechanics, characters and world. Here they're taking pre orders without really showing any of that. And before people cite the last gameplay vid...that was clearly vertical slice - it explained virtually nothing about gameplay.

Awesome stuff, no doubt, hate to be party pooper but is there a market in game industry for this. Yeah Im complaining just for the sake of complaining maybe.

Guest 4211861

The most impressive part is actually how capable CDPR is at generating hype.

CDPR released a trailer in 2013 for a game that they weren't making, in order to build hype for 2018-2019-2020.

That's a masterstroke of hype. Never seen anything like it before.:cool:

Yeah, I'm obviously a CDPR fanboy, but I had a much clearer idea of what I was getting into with past Witcher games because they detailed mechanics, characters and world. Here they're taking pre orders without really showing any of that. And before people cite the last gameplay vid...that was clearly vertical slice - it explained virtually nothing about gameplay.

It did explain that combat will work more or less like a first person shooter.

Otherwise: Agreed.

Guys what about Collector's edition for PC? I wanted to pull the trigger but apparently it isn't available yet. Any updates on that matter?

The most impressive part is actually how capable CDPR is at generating hype.

CDPR released a trailer in 2013 for a game that they weren't making, in order to build hype for 2018-2019-2020.

That's a masterstroke of hype. Never seen anything like it before.:cool:

They managed to create something, thats for sure, but nothing like FO76 what I followed before this, but yeah they still have almost 1 year time to create even more hype. Im kinda surprised the hype time is so long to be honest. Short burst hype for Christmas would have made more sense to me, at least thats what I expected.
Post automatically merged:

At least we have time to watch Witcher Netflix series..

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-witcher-netflix-series-release-date-cast-plot/

Last edited:
What amazes me about the whole Keanu affair is that they managed to keep it secret for the whole time. And the risk of a leak was there, the trailer was most likely done by an outside studio so at least people from there must have known this.

I mean, decapitation by mantis blades must have been mentioned somewhere in the SANCTIONS section of those NDAs :)

We are not going to see gameplay sadly they already found an hidden message that was clear about that. I am not happy about that at all. And i honestly don't think is fair to act like this but i will avoid to type everything else on the argument to avoid problems with moderators.

Capture.jpg

This is just how i feel about it so don't take my opinion as nothing more than a personal opinion but. I find this extremely not user friendly and somewhat insulting is not that this game lacks Hype and what even make this feels worse to me is that we have a release date but still we are denied to see gameplay.

Just my two cents.

This is just how i feel about it so don't take my opinion as nothing more than a personal opinion but. I find this extremely not user friendly and somewhat insulting is not that this game lacks Hype and what even make this feels worse to me is that we have a release date but still we are denied to see gameplay.

You're right. That message in summary is:

"We're trying to get the mainstream plebs exited, so no gameplay for the people who've been following CP77 for half a decade, much less those who've been fans for twice that over! You're just going to have to trust us and we can get away with that since we're CDProject Red and you already love us anyway. Pre-Order please!"

Which... I mean... they're not wrong. I'm the kind of sucker who wants to trust CDPR. They've earned some credit with me and if they want to cash in, then I'm allowing them to empty their account. I also love the cheeky candor of it. It's a hell of a lot better than EA taking a piss and trying to convince me those are raindrops on my forehead. Meanwhile, CDPR trots up and admits they're about to punch me in the shoulder. I'm... okay with a friend doing that.

I'm allowing them to get away with this, but I fully understand that others are wise to raise an eyebrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom