Get your Legendary cards!

+
I missed that offer also, and I can't express my feelings. Loosing chance to get tons of legendary cards while having small part of collection...

I missed it! I'm not surprised. Also, I remember some forum member had asked for a Guaranteed Legendary Card weekend at the time of Guaranteed Epic Card weekend. So, dreams do come true after all, I suppose. Also CDPR, can you give me a million $ before the year's end? Thank you. :p

To everyone who's missed it, it's not like you actually missed out on something that EVERYONE got. Most people already have a full collection (and as such, enough scraps to build it all again when HC hits), and the extra legendaries will only help to craft premiums. Think of it as an optional but really good offer, you didn't really miss out, you could still open your kegs any time, as usual. They'd just get upgraded for that amount of time. It wouldn't really be much of a surprise offer if it was advertised, would it? There will always be people who miss out, that's no reason to complain in my humble opinion. You still get tons of guaranteed epic card weekends, premium weekends, and every other event. While not devoid of development issues, CDPR definitely more than makes up for some with its generosity. And while this particular event was not too much to fuss over for older players, it definitely helps a lot the newer ones.

spoken like someone who didnt miss it lol. An event where you get a legendary in every keg right before a patch that gives full mill value is obviously a big deal for any casual player. Some of us dont have time or money to have a full collection, and for those people it was a massive chance at insane value. I have 54 kegs saved atm and I had been checking the game every day just to see if an event started, only to find out that it happened while i was away at drill with the army. Its fine if you want to claim you wouldnt care but for others its a really big deal. In all the kegs ive ever opened, includeing the ones I bought with real money, Ive gotten 3 or 4 legendary cards. How can you expect me to not be frustrated and sad that I just missed my chance to get 54?

you blame cdpr because you doesnt check or subscribed to news? when you enter the game with updated news it automatically throws you into news tab, if you play regulary you will not miss any event, if you play once per month - what a point of collection ?

Of course, this is very unfortunate. However, there's always going to be someone who misses out on an event like this and it's very tricky to please everyone here. If there is a next time, good luck to everyone who missed this event.

To be honest, I'm not sure that the legendary card kegs event was a good idea, especially with the way that it was conducted.

Premium keg events are one thing, they only gave players more cosmetic items (obviously the full scrap milling for Homecoming has since changed this dynamic). This event, on the other hand, was giving away the higher powered, high cost, previously more exclusive cards. Cards that have a greater effect on competitive balance.

If everyone gets a fair chance to benefit, then competitive balance is maintained, but with the way this event was conducted, the benefits were highly skewed in favour of a subset of players who just happened to see that the event was taking place, and were able to log in to Gwent during that short time window.

For veteran players it was really just more spare crafting resources at stake, but for newer players, additional gold cards make a massive difference. The full mill value for Homecoming only makes this more impactful.

Previous events were given more advance notice and lasted several days, giving most active players a fair chance to take part. This one was very different, and was for much higher stakes.

Am I just sore because I missed out? Perhaps, but I'm still not sure the event was a good idea. A new level of expectation has been set. In future I can see many players refusing to buy or open kegs for anything less than a "golden guarantee". That can't be healthy.

As a final note, for anyone saying "well, if you were an active player then you wouldn't have missed this", this is clearly wrong in many cases. I keep up with the forums and news every day, and play most days too. I just happened to be away for the 2 days during which the event was announced and conducted. They are the only days I have been away and unable to access Gwent all year. Others have had similar experiences.

spoken like someone who didnt miss it lol. An event where you get a legendary in every keg right before a patch that gives full mill value is obviously a big deal for any casual player. Some of us dont have time or money to have a full collection, and for those people it was a massive chance at insane value. I have 54 kegs saved atm and I had been checking the game every day just to see if an event started, only to find out that it happened while i was away at drill with the army. Its fine if you want to claim you wouldnt care but for others its a really big deal. In all the kegs ive ever opened, includeing the ones I bought with real money, Ive gotten 3 or 4 legendary cards. How can you expect me to not be frustrated and sad that I just missed my chance to get 54?

I didn't miss it indeed. But you can't expect such an event to last longer than it did. Because simply, the amount of golds given out for free increases proportionately with the time this event was on for. So the longer it lasts, the more generous this event is and it was already too generous as it was. To the point of actually damaging CDPR's revenue (from kegs) in the long run. So there had to be a limit in how it was implemented and how long it lasted.

For an event that is that generous, to the relative detriment of CDPR, it's only natural that it didn't last as long as others, or wasn't that much advertised.

you blame cdpr because you doesnt check or subscribed to news? when you enter the game with updated news it automatically throws you into news tab, if you play regulary you will not miss any event, if you play once per month - what a point of collection ?

It used to be like that. As already explained, this discount event bypassed that "rule" and even though a player plays regularly, he/she might still have missed out due to the very narrow 24 hour window. Same point is made clear in the following quote:

Previous events were given more advance notice and lasted several days, giving most active players a fair chance to take part. This one was very different, and was for much higher stakes.

I didn't miss it indeed. But you can't expect such an event to last longer than it did. Because simply, the amount of golds given out for free increases proportionately with the time this event was on for. So the longer it lasts, the more generous this event is and it was already too generous as it was. To the point of actually damaging CDPR's revenue (from kegs) in the long run. So there had to be a limit in how it was implemented and how long it lasted.

For an event that is that generous, to the relative detriment of CDPR, it's only natural that it didn't last as long as others, or wasn't that much advertised.

As true as that might be does it not then raise the question: "Should this event have been done at all?"

As I pointed out earlier, I think it's sort of a middlefinger to long-time supporters that have grown accustomed to knowing about these sort of events a couple of days ahead. It has not earlier been the practice of CDPR to do Gwent promotions with such short notice and in such limited time frames. Suddenly changing their practice up (after almost two years?) and rewarding random players (veterans and newcomers alike), who just so happen to log in during a one-day window, seem to just be an inconsiderate move. At least I feel less inclined to support a company that treats its patrons in such a way.

This, along with a lot of other small things, have discouraged me further from spending time on Gwent in its current state. I don't plan to play the game before Homecoming. At that point I will have to decide if I continue to play it or not. But I highly doubt I will be spending more money on the game. I try to be a conscious consumer - and I don't like what CDPR did with this particular event. Yes, nobody would care if I play or not. I'm just trying to describe the result of such pratice.

Last edited:
As true as that might be does it not then raise the question: "Should this event have been done at all?"

As I pointed out earlier, I think it's sort of a middlefinger to long-time supporters that have grown accustomed to knowing about these sort of events a couple of days ahead. It has not earlier been the practice of CDPR to do Gwent promotions with such short notice and in such limited time frames. Suddenly changing their practice up (after almost two years?) and rewarding random players (veterans and newcomers alike), who just so happen to log in during a one-day window, seem to just be an inconsiderate move. At least I feel less inclined to support a company that treats its patrons in such a way.

This, along with a lot of other small things, have discouraged me further from spending time on Gwent in its current state. I don't plan to play the game before Homecoming. At that point I will have to decide if I continue to play it or not. But I highly doubt I will be spending more money on the game. I try to be a conscious consumer - and I don't like what CDPR did with this particular event. Yes, nobody would care if I play or not. I'm just trying to describe the result of such pratice.

Which I get. Fair enough. It is rather, controversial. But I don't think it should backfire that much, as in the long run, it's really not going to matter, even for those that stood to gain a lot from this event.

Whether it was a good idea though, I get the doubt. It might not have been.

Actually i'm not sure now if such promotions are good ideas. As mentioned earlier premium weeks are for cosmetic purpose mostly and i wish such events happen after HC. But epic/legendary events? Well i don't know if i will even open kegs (even if i want to) the day when new expansion and cards come. Cause it will be better long term to wait till event and force yourself playing with old cards only.

Because simply, the amount of golds given out for free increases proportionately with the time this event was on for. So the longer it lasts, the more generous this event is and it was already too generous as it was. To the point of actually damaging CDPR's revenue (from kegs) in the long run. So there had to be a limit in how it was implemented and how long it lasted.
If the total amount of golds given out were a factor, they could've (for example) run it for a week with a limit that only the first 3 kegs you open each day are golden. No, these so-called "exclusive, limited-time offers" are a well-known marketing stunt designed to coerce impulsive people into buying more with cash. And for this to work the time span must be short and there must not be a limit to how much you can spend. I'm not trying to demonize CDPR here*, I just want to dismiss the myth that such events are motivated by generosity.

* well, maybe I am, because even when wrong becomes the norm, it doesn't become right... right?

No, these so-called "exclusive, limited-time offers" are a well-known marketing stunt designed to coerce impulsive people into buying more with cash. [...] I just want to dismiss the myth that such events are motivated by generosity.

I don't think anyone is thinking that the Legendary Keg event was done purely out of the kindness of the heart of CDPR. However, there is an important distinction to be made, which makes your point kinda moot, namely who are the ones that profit from such an event? Both CDPR and the players profits from it, which makes it a good deal, unlike certain other practices from other studios like the P2W lootbox shenanigans.

If the total amount of golds given out were a factor, they could've (for example) run it for a week with a limit that only the first 3 kegs you open each day are golden. No, these so-called "exclusive, limited-time offers" are a well-known marketing stunt designed to coerce impulsive people into buying more with cash. And for this to work the time span must be short and there must not be a limit to how much you can spend. I'm not trying to demonize CDPR here*, I just want to dismiss the myth that such events are motivated by generosity.

* well, maybe I am, because even when wrong becomes the norm, it doesn't become right... right?

There's generosity there, but I never said it's motivated by a certain love for the world. It's generous, but generosity is no motivation, it's an attribute.

And like other people have pointed out, I too don't know how good a marketing move this was, but that's up to CDPR. They've got the numbers and stats, so if anyone knows it's them.

I understand you might feel, well, cheated, if you missed it but in the long run, this event, like all the others, is not really going to matter much. It just means that players who took part in it accelerated the build-up of their collection. Sure, it's not nice to miss it, but that's nothing you can't make up for with time. Just like every other keg event really.

FYI. I would give away every gold card I got from this event if I could play homecoming at release. This is so much worse to me than missing this event. Maybe that will make someone out there feel a little better about it.

4 pages of complaints for one of the two best events in Gwent' history, where you literally filled your pockets with gold... really?

And if you missed it, well, sorry, but live with it. I've missed stuff too. Duvelsheiss happens. People miss stuff all the time. It's not the end of the world. If you complain there was no warning - well, if you play Gwent for a certain amount of time you should know that events like this one come out of thin air all the time. It's how CDPR operates (for some clumsy reason).

But to COMPLAIN that there was such event?

Please.

But to COMPLAIN that there was such event?
Please.
The point is not about the event outcome, I don't give a F if people get more stuff for the upcoming patch reset, I will do my shit anyway and still play Homecoming.

My original complain is that the game was stuck on a shit stalemate state (after trying to be HS bastard baby failure) and that the publisher should produce events that bring the community together, not that increase the advantage of those fortunate to be online in those 24h.

If you do an event like this for everyone that login on the first weekend of the new expansion, congratulations, that's prizing the first comers that waited long for Homecoming.
But doing a legendary event at random + without notice after months of nothing for 24h only, it's the reason of the complain.

See this doesn't really make sense because CDPR isnt under obligation to hold keg events in the first place. They choose what the event is, when it starts, and how long it lasts. They hold all the cards ( ha :p ) If they were at such huge risk to loose such huge profit because of the type of event they wanted to run then why would they run this type of event in the first place? I wont claim to understand the logic of the decision to have a surprise event that had a shorter duration but massive value, but the reason it was those three things was definitely not because they were afraid to lose money.

The cards are a digital good that they dont have to pay to print and as soon as they release new cards people will go back to buying kegs. New players will buy kegs as well, and when they start to release campaigns or whatever else they are planning to do they will also make money that way.

The real question is: Is there gonna be a similar legendary day in the near future for those of us that missed it?
Mean sorry that many of us have real life matters to attent to and can't be on the news tab each day ;)
Would like a reply on that ^^

Top Bottom