Getting a license to make Cyberpunk tshirts for profit

+
As the title says, I have made google searches and didint find anything. Is it possible to get a license to sell stuff in Cyberpunk 2077 theme? Or maybe one is not needed?

Where to start? Please help

As the title says, I have made google searches and didint find anything. Is it possible to get a license to sell stuff in Cyberpunk 2077 theme? Or maybe one is not needed?

Where to start? Please help
One would absolutely be needed as they own the copyrights if you plan on using the "Cyberpunk 2077" phrase, logo, etc.

If you are talking about cyberpunk in a general sense, just have to tread carefully. If you create and sell anything too close to what they have protections on, that can still get you in trouble. For instance, you make a character similar to Johnny, but with some changes to his face and arm, it could still be deemed close enough to his image and land you in hot water. If you make a general character that has nothing to do with the game itself, but has a cybernetic face, that should not be an issue as long as you don't use material that is covered under the copyright.

You'll have to write or email them to see if they will even allow use of their property at all, and if so, who you would specifically have to be in contact with.

One would absolutely be needed as they own the copyrights if you plan on using the "Cyberpunk 2077" phrase, logo, etc.

If you are talking about cyberpunk in a general sense, just have to tread carefully. If you create and sell anything too close to what they have protections on, that can still get you in trouble. For instance, you make a character similar to Johnny, but with some changes to his face and arm, it could still be deemed close enough to his image and land you in hot water. If you make a general character that has nothing to do with the game itself, but has a cybernetic face, that should not be an issue as long as you don't use material that is covered under the copyright.

You'll have to write or email them to see if they will even allow use of their property at all, and if so, who you would specifically have to be in contact with.
Yes, I am almost sure I have seen some websites sell cyberpunk stuff, so there must be a way I think :)

well theyll have exclusive rights w other manufacturers/sellers and private producers will be seen as competition when theyre supposed to essentially have a contracted monopoly so tread w caution/do not expect a "go-ahead"

yaaay capitalism!! if only folks could just pursue developing video games and art in general without having to worry about food, water, and shelter (so fitting, isnt it?)

You‘d need to reach out to CDPR and ask them directly:

And yes, looks like there already are official cooperations with large clothing brands.

I'm surprised they haven't already to be honest, especially when you have a very recognizable actor in it.

Top Bottom