Getting Encounter to Work

+
Getting Encounter to Work

Hey, friendly people,

I am a noob and have a noob question. I'm trying to set up an encounter and running into some diffuculties in trying to get actual monsters to spawn. I have followed the tutorial instructions (https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com/Encounters) closely, but nothing appears when I enter the area. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Attachments

• photo184101.png
    photo184101.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 118
  • photo184111.png
    photo184111.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 108
  • photo184121.png
    photo184121.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 118
  • photo184131.png
    photo184131.png
    536.1 KB · Views: 109
Hi,
try to change spawn type from hidden to some other option, which is no hidden (maybe there is something like "normal" or "visible" ?).
But this is just a quick tip, i dont really know :D

Hello Halbglutprinz and 0248991

First I have to say that you are welcome and you're no noob. I've been trying to do some stuff with the REDKit, but it took me some time to learn it. Your problem is definitely not related to spawnType EST_HIDDEN. I tried it out by myself and it worked fine for me. I think your problem might be that your encounter area is small and not touching the ground. It should be high enough and cover enough space and the most important thing it should touch the ground( like most areas). The height of your area is ok and the covered space could be a little bit bigger so Geralt does have some space to move inside of it. So just move the area just a little bit down into the ground and it will work.
If you're still face the problem you could also write a private message (your user name suggests, that you understand German? In a private message you can ask also question in German, if you like.)
If you have further questions just ask.

Best Regards Nemo

Top Bottom