Getting full damage while blocking and counter-punching on fistfight mission: Beat on the Brat (can't win the last fight)

+
At this moment the fistfights got completely broken because blocking and counterpunching will result in me receiving FULL damage, I block a punch i get full damage, I counter a punch I get FULL damage. The first fight with the twins was OK, except I had no sound when I was getting punched but I could at least block and counter.
Then after I played 40 hours of main game with story missions and side quests etc, I resumed the quest and at the fight with the black guy named Brock or sth this problem just appeared and it just wouldn't fix itself by reloading multiple saves or restarting the game. I could beat them all (the 3 other fighters before Razor) by running away and spamming heavy hit but I cannot beat Razor because there isn't any fucking room in the boxing ring to use my only available resource to finish this fucking quest as i can't finish it on easy because he somehow still needs 50000 hits to be beat on easy. and usually once he hits, he hits, and there's nothing I can do about it. I always run out of stamina to keep staggering him, and even if I could still win using this, it's completely unfun and pointless.

Sorry for the language but this was a beyond infuriating experience and it feels satisfying to express it like this

Last edited:
Yes, I have same problem. Fights before Razor and first tries in final works well for me, no damage. I couldn't beat him, load save and left to other activities for upgrade skills and gear. When I'm back, Razor take me full damage through block and counter. Return old gear, change difficulty, reloads and restart same not fix this. All tries in v1.04
Post automatically merged:

I found my saves - save-0 broken damage works, save-3 not

I'm repeat this bug. Load save-3, run to reaper, buy purple gorilla arms, return to Razor. Repeatable for Voodoo reaper and 6-street reaper.
Now, I will try use gold gorilla arms, but need farm $ for this.

Gold gorilla don't work too... sad

Attachments

• ManualSave-0.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 169
  • ManualSave-3.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
for some reason i dont take any damage if i counter or block razor with rare gorilla arms. but i noticed i started taking damage after changing to epic and legendary gorilla arms so i went back to rare and again stopped taking damage from blocking or countering. i belive epic and legendary gorilla arms are a bit bugged, could just be my game though but probably not since the game has a lot of bugs

If you want the easy but admittedly boring way of fighting Buck just hit him with single heavy punches and back off after each punch unless he gets knocked down.
Not meant to downplay the issue, just a means of getting through the fight.

I really wish they had made both armed and unarmed melee more sophisticated so that it wouldn't get stale so fast. Chronicles of Riddick- Escape from Butcher Bay had a decent melee system, I'm sure there are other more recent games that have done better as well.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Spam heavy punches, don's use light attack, it drains your stamina toomuch for too little gain. Try to stun lock him with heavy punches. Also, don't block or counter since you still get damage, dodge instead. Kerenzikov helps here. As does Berserk but that's a bigger tradeoff if you've specced in netrunning. Blood Pump cyber might work as well, haven't tried it in these fights yet though.

That entire quest line is filled with bugs and needs to be looked into.

-Fighters sometimes heal themselves
-Fighters will be stuck in a specific animation after the fight is over
-The dude with the rifle never paid me and bugged out on the floor keeping you in combat
-The final fight paid me a measly $4,800 and I could not talk to the coach after (the quest just ends and it feels like something was cut)

If you want to cheese your way in. Drop a knife and equip it right after the fight starts. It's less of a challeng but will do the job easiliy.

I have the same issue. You can block, and take full damage. Hell there's been times I've dodged and gotten full damage. There were a couple of fights where I just punched and kited... and got full damage even though on screen I'm like half the circle away from the opponent.

The quest is just bad.

Same here :( Can't beat Arroyo champion becuase of that. I managed to beat champions of Glen and Kabuki by making them miss and avoiding their punches, but I really can't stand that despite blocking I still get my ass handed to me by two or three punches from the opponent

Get the perk with in combat health regeneration from Athletic skill tree. At least it helps when you're fighting against Razor or Rhino.

A couple of tips for defeating Razor:
1. Do not ever try counter/block him
2. When he's readying himself to blink toward you and do the superman punch, side step the second he jumps toward you and then immediately Heavy Attack him and combo him when he's off-balance. If you just approach him with fast combo, he'll immediately do a follow up quick turning blow
3. After that, the AI seems to wait for your attack by blocking, break that with Heavy Attack again and get that 3 hit combo in again
4. If he feels like cornered he'll push you away (and drains your stamina a lot) and do powerful hook, side step that shit. Do not dodge that by dodging backward cause he can still hit you sometimes even when you're already at the opposite corner of the arena. (You can do that when fighting against Rhino cause her arena is bigger than this)
5. If you do the heavy attack on him and he's not getting off-balanced, it means he's preparing to phase toward you and do his superman punch again and we're back to no 2.
6. Rinse and repeat this till his health reaches 5-10% and he'll submit. Have a lot of patience, do not rush him with fast combos cause it'll work against you.

Good luck. :D

Yeah, the beat down fights are not balanced. They're harder than actual story boss fights. Which is dumb. The only real way to beat them Gorilla arms and running away. Than stun locking them. And the last fight. His abs are the weak point. How about actually register as a weak point when I aim at it. Hell, I had Rhino bug out on me. And only got it cleared thanks to the assassination in the club cleared both missions at the same time lol.

i did all 4 at lvl 16 ... the last guy hasnt came up for me, cuz i didnt progress the main story yet... but!
LOAD UP YOUR ARMOR WITH ARMOR MODS! if you got 1k-2k armor... the amount of stamina drained from ur attacks is like ... 1% a swing....
Also... if you get The legendary Gorilla arms... u can slot them with shock + some other damage mod... and that will boost dmg significantly....
I beat those 4 dudes with only 8force/5reflex
but not until i upgraded my armor mods and gorilla arms

Level 50, Street Cred 50, over 6k armor. Can't beat this sidejob even with gorilla arms on easy mode. The scaling seems to have completely broken, and frankly this is beyond irritating. The only sidequests I have left are either bugged and cannot be progressed (Killing In the Name) or the scaling is so lopsided there is no real method to get past it.

Even with all of the gear your fists will only do 1-3% damage even when charged, meanwhile they'll hit you and take off 30-50% of your HP in a combo even if you block. Since the melee weapon cheese method was patched out this basically makes these missions incompletable for me.

If you can't do it on easy it is totally on you though, but i agree that scaling is totally broken for any other difficulty.

I have the same issue. You can block, and take full damage. Hell there's been times I've dodged and gotten full damage. There were a couple of fights where I just punched and kited... and got full damage even though on screen I'm like half the circle away from the opponent.

The quest is just bad.
This is exactly what I ran into. I'd literally be staring at the opponent (from a side-view) kicking air as I take damage. Not sure if it's fixed now, but I'm still going to wait a while (for possible patches) before trying these quests again.

If you can't do it on easy it is totally on you though, but i agree that scaling is totally broken for any other difficulty.
You seem to be ignoring the enemies hitting you despite dodging. Or the aforementioned bugs where they decide to heal themselves mid mission. Or the aforementioned disparity in damage output. Do you understand how bugs may make normal 'git gud' commentary moot? I do.

Sidejob is completely broken, the hit you even if you dodge is ridiculous. These guys have like a 10-meter pole invisible extra range
I literally dodged out of the first attack of a combo (multiple dodges in a row), so that the character I'm facing is far away, despite that the second and third hit lands anyway. This has happened on multiple occassions. backing off to dodge is useless against razor, just go to the side at least twice to get out of his attacks. Even then there's no guarantee (I only play on hard - can't imagine what this would be like on hardest)

Honestly not even fun, just broken and boring. The only way I've managed to play this sidejob somewhat reliably is by backing off - heavy attack -backing off -heavy attack- backing off - heavy attack - backing off - heavy attack - rinse and repeat about 20~70 times as I only do 1-3% damage each time (and some are 0). Snoozefest. Then when they're at 15% they'll just randomly land an invisible punch and knock your socks off so you have to redo the entire thing that just takes so goddamn long. No point in tryign with any tactics or combos or any off that bullshit you learnt in the tutorial because none of that matters. Blocks don't block, counters still take damage and dodges barely matter as there's no way of telling how their punch will actually land since it's not really connected to the animation. Fuck I even jump like twice his height above him with double jump to try and get out of his forward-kick, but it lands anyway even thought it's waaaay below me.

Really makes the entire game look worse by association as it's by no means even half-way done.

I beat it with body 6 and sandevistan. Just use heavy attacks and stagger them until they are down.

Top Bottom