Getting Married, Yay or Nay?

+
Getting Married, Yay or Nay?

It would be cool to have a live-in girlfriend like in skyrim. what do you guys say? and she walks around the apartment in panties and tshirt.

Like in Skyrim? NAY!
Fine with having a girlfriend if it serves a purpose and is well done. If it is as pointless and empty as in Skyrim then no thanks.

Why get married? Are there any perks in CP2020 if you get married? Lower taxes perhaps :p

There's plenty of chance for having someone walk in her panties and t-shirt around your apartment. You can have a lover, or several. Both happy and tragic love affairs. It's all in the Lifepath, or in other words, character creation in Cyberpunk 2020. In fact, family and love affairs are an integral part of Cyberpunk 2020, whether any of them are alive anymore or not.

As for marriage, as Lolssi said, why bother? If panties and t-shirt is all you want, then why go through some archaic ceremony?

Marriage is so early 21st century. A real punk has casual love affairs and polygamy by the dozens.

Yeah, you can get marry, but that doesn't mean you should.. Well, maybe if you find the right cyberpsycho.. Maybe.. :D

There's plenty of chance for having someone walk in her panties and t-shirt around your apartment. You can have a lover, or several. Both happy and tragic love affairs. It's all in the Lifepath, or in other words, character creation in Cyberpunk 2020. In fact, family and love affairs are an integral part of Cyberpunk 2020, whether any of them are alive anymore or not.

As for marriage, as Lolssi said, why bother? If panties and t-shirt is all you want, then why go through some archaic ceremony?

So.. I can have multiple chicks with panties and t-shirt (or maybe plain naked) in my safehouse.. It that official.. It should be... :D But with my luck, i'm afraid they will be there to kill me, sent by a corporation i'm investigating.. (i usually play as a cop) Oh well...

Somewhere buried deep within the concrete, cybernetics and neon signs there must be someone willing to solidify their love through marriage?

But yeah if it serves a purpose I'm all for it.
In Skyrim it was boring because all it did was give you someone who opened a shop that you could make money off.
If you used the realistic needs and disease mod a wife/husband became more necessary because they could make good food. But other than that it was shallow boring and useless.I don't see how you could incorporate marriage within a game in a good way.

If would have to serve a practical purpose
i.e: Enabling some perks or some reward.

Or from a narrative standpoint
But then it would have to be a properly written character you would marry and that would make for pretty limited choices.

A shallow sex based relationship would work better. Sleeping with someone could give some kind of "good mood boost" so you preform better in some activities for a limited amount of time.

It would be cool to have a live-in girlfriend like in skyrim. what do you guys say? and she walks around the apartment in panties and tshirt.

Could be fun, and it could be an interesting game mecanics, like if someone want to "hit" you, they can kidnaps your girlfriend, or something like that.
If it's like in 2020 with apartment-looters and all those things, it would be interesting indeed.

I don't see a point in having a "input / output" (CP slang for girlfriend / boyfriend, for you noobies) mechanic in the game, but as long as they don't make it mandatory for game progression, I'm indifferent.

And there's a 50/50 chance of your love interesting getting kidnapped or killed!

ESPECIALLY if you piss off Arasaki....or the local Boostergang...wait..this thread seems...*see's Chris's post* Ah ok...thought I was seeing things.

As a married person I say *looks around the room carefully* nay.

What would be the point of it? Love interest or partner fit any role a spouse could play in a narrative. The only use of a marriage and wedding that I could see is as a story build up for an incoming crush. The contrast of everything pink and dandy versus the grim dark aftermath. I think that CyberPunk is quite dark as it is in the first place that this kind of narration tool would simply not achieve much.

I didn't really like how they did romances in Skyrim. It felt really shallow and boring. Walk up to a character, ask them to marry, have a ceremony, then they move into your house and can make a meal for you. Even the Fable games were more indepth and interesting than that.

If they are going to allow marriage, I'd prefer it to come at the end of a BioWare style of romance with a character. A romance that builds up over time with a character we get pleanty of interaction with.

I didn't really like how they did romances in Skyrim. It felt really shallow and boring. Walk up to a character, ask them to marry, have a ceremony, then they move into your house and can make a meal for you. Even the Fable games were more indepth and interesting than that.

If they are going to allow marriage, I'd prefer it to come at the end of a BioWare style of romance with a character. A romance that builds up over time with a character we get pleanty of interaction with.

I believe the lore explanation for Skyrims 'quicky-wed' stuff was that life in Skyrim was too short and too fragile so you got married at the first opportunity so you could bash out the next generation of guards who would get shot in the knee.

Marriage, polygamy,friends with benefits,one night stands and Quicky with a Thai dwarf hooker with a club foot and shemale wannabe.
Get them all I say,just give it a meaning in the history like contacts,help in missions and betrayment and risk to loose them.

Better than being married, let us being a pimp :D
At least, you can earn money.

Too much good feelings over here. lol :D
No lazies in my home haha.

And there's a 50/50 chance of your love interesting getting kidnapped or killed!

ESPECIALLY if you piss off Arasaki....or the local Boostergang...wait..this thread seems...*see's Chris's post* Ah ok...thought I was seeing things.

I think it should be like 25% chance for your love interest (girlfriend/boyfriend) getting kidnapped and 40% chance if you are married to said person..

Gonna have to go with a no on this one, I just can't see it working right. :p
...well, outside of "working right," I can't really see a point to it. I can't really picture an in-game mechanic or story narrative that would make marriage seem worthwhile, in the context of the game.

As long as a "significant other / spouse" mechanic isn't mandatory, I'm completely indifferent as to it's inclusion. Though, again, I can't really see a compelling argument to include it, to begin with.

Top Bottom