Getting Married, Yay or Nay?

+
-----------------------------------------------------------------:glee:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulation! This is your Lucky Day! The Company (preferred Co.) of your enlistment/employment has matched you (any description) by over thousands of processor and Internal AIs calculations to this very special some one! AI Voice Cut In: Be thankful! You (your name/employee).

The Year is 2077 A.D. or simply several decades after the Great Corporate Wars, relationship are no longer mandatory as populations are maintained and stabilize through century of cloning research, extraordinary metallic extension with humans, and perfection of human artificial production. Even trans-humanism was yesterday hope, it become today despair of not going full "haywire". Nothing seem certain in this dark feature of gray, but for certain society was different and filled with uncertainty..
<Note: Sorry if I :spill coffee: But I try my best to be accurate as possible into a certain "paths" this Cyberpunk worlds is depicted. This is some thoughts put together from what I gathered.>

Marriage possibilities:
Marriages functions as degree of ties like Corporations, bloodline, tribes, traditions, in very few cases, estimated 1 in every 5 person is married.
For those who does not tied the not officially through vows or legals:
Many has chosen to fill their need with "braindance", special intercourse cyborgs, and of course some rare cases of dating trends where there is more than 2 person in the relationship, also known as "bisexual" or "multisexual" from earlier 2010s.

<This is gather of thoughts, but every relationship presented is possible. If not to your taste, single is an option, or in rare cases marry to AI?>
Yes, I DID NOT explain how marriages or not work in game RP wise above. But you can figured how your story goes. Also to be clear about the issue of "harem", that is probably going to fall under multisexual. Call it what you see fit, but that is how I classified this "marriage" situation maybe in Cyberpunk 2077. PS Nothing specify for sex-gender or species.

Last edited:
As long as the relationship / marriage plays into the story line itself, I'd be for this. If your "spouse" boils down to and "object" dressed in [lingerie and heels / jeans w/o a shirt] that's simply mobile decoration for your house...not so much. I like the ideas of choosing someone that offers you a specific benefit for actual gameplay -- get into a relationship, and depending on who you choose, there's a synergy effect that gets added into a skill or ability or network of characters in the game. (Your gameplay can benefit from your wife's / husband's social circles.)

And I love the idea that they're someone you can lose. Take too much advantage of what they bring to the table, and your enemies figure out where you're getting your edge...

Last edited:
SigilFey;n8881490 said:
And I love the idea that they're someone you can lose.
In a PC game setting though, for quite a lot of people losing someone important means loading an earlier save, and as such it's not really a perfect mechanic that serves everyone.

Sydanyo;n8882250 said:
In a PC game setting though, for quite a lot of people losing someone important means loading an earlier save, and as such it's not really a perfect mechanic that serves everyone.

Unless that character will die no matter what... which some games have done with some characters to various levels of success and/or failure.

Calistarius;n8886400 said:
Unless that character will die no matter what... which some games have done with some characters to various levels of success and/or failure.

True, I didn't actually think of that. But, then, I was replying to "can lose", not "will lose". Semantics of course, but a difference is there, I'm thinking.

True.

It's not something I need in every game, or necessesarily want in every game... but when it's there, and if it is done atleast well, then it can enhance the experience (be it an avoidable death or not).

That is why I feel that the ending bit of Mass Effect 2, when you go on your final big mission, is probably my favorit section of any of the Mass Effect game ever.

Aye ... if it were done right. Romance options, definitely would like to see it, but again would need to be a bit deeper than it usually is done. Sex objects, sure, why not? Easy to do. However, these are all different things and do not necessarily lead from onto to another.

Sex object partners (as in, pure casual sex, based primarily on lust, probably mostly due to looks), is pretty much the norm in CyberPunk, as I recall. This should probably be available, in some way, but equally, should probably be about as ultimately empty, and potentially costly, as it was in PnP.

Romance certainly seems to be much more rare, since this is a setting where the player characters are "on the Edge", as others have commented multiple times. I don't see it as impossible, but both for the purposes of good gameplay, and staying true to the setting, it should require considerably more than a couple of chats, and a couple of dialogue options.

Marriage, I feel, should be possible, but I can only see a couple of "realistic" options - Corporate types must surely still make strategic marriages, marriages of convenience, and so on. In fact, of all the roles, excepting possibly Nomads, they would seem to be the most likely to marry. But for a Corporate, I suspect, it'd be much more like laying down the contract for the relationship, including the terms of ending it, than the current Western ideal of marriage, based on a loving relationship and family. For Nomads, who are pretty family-based, I could see it being a lot more like the current notion of marriage - an established couple (or possibly more than two people, I don't judge!) decided to formalize an existing relationship, with a meaningful ceremony, exchange of tokens, etc. In any case, within the game, this should probably take the most effort and should probably come with some real benefits, too, though not necessarily. The latter form of marriage, especially, as I could see a Corporate getting married after a couple of meetings, because they both agree it will further their careers! :)

getting married?! lol for what....to make some church happy? lool fucking monogamy religious shit... #astheist4life

Lisbeth_Salander;n9094190 said:
Are you being sarcastic?

That poster is one of two posters who just needed, for some reason, to post 10 useless posts. To be able to post links, I guess? Not sure if they spammed some thread with something.

I really think they should implement the gameplay in the new Cyberpunk 2077 game, well at least compared to Witcher 3. You know there is always that chance of it having a few dumbed down aspects to appeal to the casuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9096530 said:
I really think they should implement the gameplay in the new Cyberpunk 2077 game, well at least compared to Witcher 3. You know there is always that chance of it having a few dumbed down aspects to appeal to the casuals.
IMHO such dumbed down game mechanics are exactly the sort of thing CDPR should go out of their way to avoid. Do it well or don't do it at all.

Top Bottom