Getting Married, Yay or Nay?

+
kofeiiniturpa;n8300080 said:
I suppose he means

I was pretty sure I was clear on what I meant. Including quotas.

"In short, in Cyberpunk, yes, every sexual orientation should be accounted for, if they are going to have sexual relationships. "

And a few flagrantly gay characters hurt no one. No one worth worrying about, anyway.

As master Pondsmith says, CP is also influenced by film noir genre and femme fatal issues can be a good thing to play with. Remenber Max Payne and Mona Sax, it worked nicely and boosted the history. Try a little tenderness ...

Last edited:
Frankensteel;n8303010 said:
As master Pondsmith says, CP is also influenced by film noir genre and femme fatal issues can be a good things to play with. Remenber Max Payne and Mona Sax, it worked nicely and boosted the history. Try a little tenderness ...

Noir is something definitely cyber punk. Old Flames, new loves, femme fatal all fit into cyberpunk.

Azriel7;n8303710 said:
Noir is something definitely cyber punk. Old Flames, new loves, femme fatal all fit into cyberpunk.

Maximum Mike says Humphrey Bogard in Casanblanca was THE cyberpunk archetype, so it just makes sense. Play it again sam !

Corewolf;n8279920 said:
I think a "relationship" or something might work in the scenarios such as above. Girlfriend/boyfriend/floozie/fuckboi whatever.... Marriage, not so much. Too much paperwork and puts you on the grid or whatever legal system is in place.

Relationship: Yes. There is no hassley paperwork and it makes sense to cultivate relationships (living worlds do have leisure activities Gwent/Horse Racing/etc)

Marriage.... Too much paperwork.

Yep, marriage is unnecessary both in game and in real life (i'm jokin, pls no ban sadurkar). What really would matter is the relationship of the characters, in other words the romance, and more importantly the experience they'd share both in the game's storyline and in the gameplay. The world's exploration got a lot to gain if there's a companion to follow you around, meaning that he or she can react differently to your actions depending on the companion's personality.

Azriel7;n8297180 said:
I would like to go home and it not be this empty house (like my IRL situation). Having someone(s) there would be nice.

Romanceable companions would also make the world exploration more lively. New Vegas is a great example of replayability due to the variety of characters, in this case theres no romance but they were important since most of them gave unique perks to the player, not to mention their personalities and faction alignments. Every new game in New Vegas was different depending of whom you chose to be by your side. If we could mix that companionship with the romance it'd be great.

Rather than romances and marriages and all that jazz, I'd like to see proper friendships and deep connections between the player character and their companion(s). Please, no "let's have sex on a unicorn" -scenes in 2077. Stuff like that makes a great game resemble Fifty Shades of Gray, or some similar cheap, badly written steamy novel.

The thing I disliked about Witcher 3 the most was all the pointless, needless romantic drama between Geralt and the girls. I'm definitely hoping RED doesn't bring that stuff into 2077.

Sydanyo;n8741670 said:
Rather than romances and marriages and all that jazz, I'd like to see proper friendships and deep connections between the player character and their companion(s).

Now that's something Mass Effect never did. Friendship status were almost nonexistent in those games. The few unique dialogues were focused on romance options. Wouldn't it be nice if the levels friendship the player had with the in game characters allowed bounes and perks, abilities or even special dialogue options?

Sydanyo;n8741670 said:
Please, no "let's have sex on a unicorn" -scenes in 2077. Stuff like that makes a great game resemble Fifty Shades of Gray, or some similar cheap, badly written steamy novel.

Daily reminder that Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines was greatly adapted from the pen and paper rpg.

Hey, remember we're talking about cyberpunk so we're probably seeing Vampire Masquerades: Bloodlines levels of dark, degeneracy and bdsm fetish themes, I mean, talk about a a game with a entertaining storyline that explores the extreme dark corners of humanity, there were sadistic serial killers in that game, fucked up vampires with the most interesting personalities and motives, not to mention the unpredictable dialogue options.

In VM: Bloodlines, one wrong option could start a war and completely change the course of the gameplay. This game became a cult classic due to its writing, every godamm character in that game had an enourmous amount of detail, from gestures to manneirisms during conversation to the danger that most of them bringed to the player when making he or she feel vulnerable. There were no marriage in this game, but it made the player fell a strong connection to its characters.

Last edited:
felixsylvaris;n8745970 said:
Marriage is not for edgewalker
Implying main character should be on the edge by a living.
Lisbeth_Salander;n8742750 said:
Hey, remember we're talking about cyberpunk so we're probably seeing Vampire Masquerades: Bloodlines levels of dark, degeneracy and bdsm fetish themes,
Pfft, bdsm and latex? Get with the times, (and themes) how about cyber, furry fetish, weird transformations and sex change on a daily basis fully realized by the power of bioware. The possibilites PnP rulebook provides are actually endless. Even though it's not exactly safe.

metalmaniac21;n8761110 said:
Implying main character should be on the edge by a living.

Well, I mean...

It's not a game based on Cyberpunk 2020 unless you live on the edge.

Last edited:
The player character should be given an edge over normal citizen.
And the theme of the hero living beyond borders, official zone and legal, showing all the dirt is good for story, and also fallow CP essence.
There is situation that it may be more important to carry essence of CP. Original was made in 80' and just coping it would be not inspiring for modern worlders. Some other memes appear or need to be stronger. For example in 80 they though that racism and religious zeal is gone... and it is not. Or that global warming come to sea level when Night City looks more like Venettia.
Also we probably cant ignore idea of transhumanism. We can scare of "lost of identity" or "lost of humanity". There is a risk not only of corps going bad, but whole society descending into hatred. Different times.
As for mixing Witcher + Bloodlines + Deus Ex (with some modern spirit), I would play that, it would be cool CP game, but it also be somehow different from cp 2020 ip.

Last edited:
With a player created character, marriage or similar option would be difficult to implement well, it would not be believable after 2 quests with an NPC the protagonist never met before. Therefore, I think "romances" would be more like Keira Metz in The Witcher 3, CDPR can write these shorter relationships well, and they may even fit the world of Cyberpunk better. They also avoid possible bad PR resulting from any "war" over romance options in the game.

chriswebb2020.736;n1317274 said:
I believe the lore explanation for Skyrims 'quicky-wed' stuff was that life in Skyrim was too short and too fragile so you got married at the first opportunity so you could bash out the next generation of guards who would get shot in the knee.

Woah, Skyrim is so deep. Are the bugs and glitches also explained by the lore?

Between the romances in Skyrim and Bioware games. The ones made by Bioware at least can be categorized as "romance'.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n1318108 said:
This forum needs more gifs.

Mhmm...

...thinking here about this topic.

The interesting and perhaps obvious mind set as to how go about this is pretty obvious. It would be so interesting as to what could marriage be imply in this game. The fact that my wife could help me in dubious missions, investigations etc, and she can become my partner in whatever I do. And or if I get to communicate to her some information so she can later on update me. We don't even know if this could be a feature in which would benefit any means as to what perhaps this game will implement. And we think of it and or want from it as a whole. If it does get implemented, marriage sure would be and has to be a powerful bond.

Other than what it has been discuss, outside of it. What would be even the idea of it? All I know if it ends to be so, I don't want a label, a manikin.

It is important to decide if we want sex slave or chromemate.
Walking around apartment in underwear have strong Bloodlines vibe which is nice, but not sure if right direction.
If we want relationship in cp, need to accept that our partner will have own agenda, and probably be sassy or in other way imperfect.
Well written interaction with interesting npc are always welcome. And if we are in relationship we can learn more about character, and though him the game world.

Yes, i am all for marrying some one or romances. I dont just want to spray bullets. But i dont want them to be completely mindless robots that do whatever you want or do not think anything. They need to speak something about different places and give their opinions on things around and if you would do something that conflicts their morale too much, they would abandon you or get angry or break up for short time. With good charisma/speech skills you might get more chances, but of course not endless amount of chances.

Top Bottom