Getting One-Shot And Can No Longer Kill Enemies

+
What the hell, CDPR? Suddenly, after completing the heist mission and finishing up with Mama Welles, I can no longer kill any enemies and am getting one-shot in every single scenario. I've tried a multitude of things to fix this, but nothing does. It seems like it all started happening after the Heist car chase with Takemura. My health dropped to zero but I didn't die, and it stayed that way through until I left my apartment after talking to Johnny for the first time. I had to save and load the game to see my health back to something that isn't "0/0" But the game still acts like I have zero health, and I cannot kill any enemies. When I shoot them, it barely does any damage (maybe like 1% damage per shot to the head)

This is nuts and the game is now completely unplayable for me. It's utterly gamebreaking. And I'm not the only one. There are hundreds of people on Reddit with this issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kazlwk
Post automatically merged:

EDIT: Seems like this just magically fixed itself after loading my save game again. No idea what's going on, but it's weird as hell. Now it's back to "normal" where if I try really hard and play smart, I can kill enemies at "Danger: Very High" levels (dropping level 30 loot when I'm level 16) on Hard difficulty setting.

Last edited:
Same here, but without a fix. Enemies are invincible and I get one shot. Sometimes loading back to an old save fixes it but it reappears nevertheless, game breaking.

Ok, I get it. You need to progress with the main storyline. It solved my problems. Hoodlums on the street are just too strong if you haven't entered that part of the city in main story?

I had that happen as well during the car chase scene. My characters health dropped to zero and when I finally regained control of her it didn't go back up. I quicksaved and reloaded and it fixed it right up.

There are certain things I found that make dealing with bugs easier in games and the first is is make a shit ton of manual saves. Save before you start every single mission so you have easy sections and plenty of saves to choose from if something goes wrong. Qucksave / Reload for whatever reason often fixes glitches. If that doesn't work then a Save / Restart can fix things up as well. If neither of those work then you start going back through your manual saves, starting from different points in the game until you find a way around the bug. Bugs are just an unintentional mini-game that most games have.

This happened to me as well. I could play normally after The Heist, but for some reason, out of the blue, the enemies are now invincible and they one shot me.

This is literally game breaking, we need an update right now, it's simply unacceptable. What did yall do for 7 years?

same here. trying to do some side quests and stuff and i can't seem to get ANYTHING DONE. every encounter i come upon i basically get one shotted and i'm hitting enemies w/ headshots and they are taking like 2 or 3 damage per shot. not sure what to do. i got descent armor and guns for as early as i am in the game as far as i know? i'm already coversating with J. Silverhand if that tells you where abouts i'm at in the game. but it's basically like i'm worthless. i'm building up hours. but its from doing the same stupid things over and over trying to take different tactics to infiltrate but basically 2 shots and i'm dead.
i was doing alright in the begining but now if the low level guys can one shot me i'd hate to face a boss battle. but not expecting that anytime soon the way things are going.
Post automatically merged:

feels like we're playing "Hotline: Night City"

Same Bug... Enemys won´t die, Live going down to Zero... but they don´t fucking Die!

V gets One Shot... This Problems needs to be Resolved VERY QUICKLY!

So apparently the cause for unkillable enemies is Legendary quickhack called CRIPPLE MOVEMENT!

Fix: UNEQUIP CRIPPLE MOVEMENT

So far for me is has prevented the unkillable enemies. I had no issues with getting one-shot, so can't be sure if it also solved that.

Hope this gets some visibilty to devs. Went from killing a boss on very hard difficulty to getting one shot by very low and moderate danger enemies on normal difficulty.

Last edited:
maybe it works:
1) change the difficulty of the game to the minimum (agree to reload the last save).
2) return the complexity back (agree to reload the last save).
let's see how long it will work...

I am facing the same problem, it's nearly impossible to kill enemies in any main, side or random encounter. They kill me with one or two shots. This issue started after the ofrenda to Jackie scene. Changing difficulty or loading from early save does not solve the issue.

Thank God I'm not the only one having this problem. I am literally out of the blue just getting one-shotted by the most basic enemies. This never used to happen until a few days ago. It doesn't matter how much armor I put on or the level of the enemies I am facing. I am just taking insane amounts of damage. It honestly makes me never want to touch this game ever again. What is the point of leveling up, buying cyberware, getting new clothing if it has no effect on my character whatsoever. What a joke.

Not seen this myself but, at level 17, I've gone to far off parts of the game map and been woefully overpowered.

So apparently the cause for unkillable enemies is Legendary quickhack called CRIPPLE MOVEMENT!

So far for me is has prevented the unkillable enemies. I had no issues with getting one-shot, so can't be sure if it also solved that.

I can confirm that "unequipping the Legenedary quickhack Cripple Movement" worked for me.

I didn't have Cripple Movement equipped in my cyberdeck, but I still experienced this bug after the Heist mission.

I had 4 x copies of Cripple Movement in my inventory - I ran to the nearest Drop Point and sold them all. But the bug is still there :(

I've reloaded a lot of times and it's never made the bug go away. Has anyone else had any luck with something else?

You unlocked the impossible+ difficulty level. If you finish the game with it you can restart the game as Johnny Silverhand :>

[rumor mode off]

Sadly i have this issue now
After the heist went and found a katana sword and skippy gun in the same save point. Since then any thugs or conflict results in me getting killed instantly and drains very little of enemy health i have no save points before this now and i can not load to a previous time.
The game is now pretty much unplayable.
I was able to persevere thru all the other bugs but this really is the last and worst.
I have never asked for my money back or even thought about it with any other game in 25 years of gaming, 3 days into this game and its living up to the negative press and frustration has me pissed.

Top Bottom