Getting only Common Bronzes in Premium Journey from Mystery Cards

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I am in level 51 and until now, all I have got is common bronze cards (not even rare bronze cards). In last journey I believe I had progressively get better and better cards and I remember getting Epics and at the ends Legendaries. In couple of levels I am going to unlock another mystery card and I am actually wondering if this is just my bad luck or everyone has been getting only commons till now?

I'm not absolutely certain about how the card rewards work in the journey but i've noticed the deck builder auto milling bronze premiums while I haven't opened any kegs, so yeah, i assume it's just bad luck... :think:

I have a visual bug that shows just the mystery cardsbacks still, for most of the cards I've gotten, but I do have a premium Rare, Immortal Cavalry. The others that I can see are all Commons.

I am in level 51 and until now, all I have got is common bronze cards (not even rare bronze cards). In last journey I believe I had progressively get better and better cards and I remember getting Epics and at the ends Legendaries. In couple of levels I am going to unlock another mystery card and I am actually wondering if this is just my bad luck or everyone has been getting only commons till now?
I've noticed the same, and I've been thinking about starting this topic for at least a week. When I first started playing the game in April/May, it seemed as though every second or third card unlock in the Geralt Journey was a Gold card. Getting Premium Gold cards was actually one of the biggest reasons as to why I decided to purchase the Premium path of the Ciri Journey, but so far, every single card I've seen in the new Journey (upper 50's now) has been a Bronze, and unless I'm mistaken, they were all Commons.

Probably unrelated, but it also seems as though the daily rewards give out less Golds as well. I can't even remember the last time I received one; although, they're often still Rare, unlike the Journey cards, so I guess I should be happy about receiving more than 10 scraps per card.

Anyone get legendary premium card from Journey Ciri level 94?

In the last journey (geralt), the Journey Premium Level 94 will give the guarantee Premium Legendary card.

May I ask the current Journey Ciri will be the same or just any random premium card now?

Thanks

rrc

Forum veteran
@rrc, @Smith_X: Even level 94 has no gold card guaranteed now. Topic on reddit.
Damn it.. that is disappointing. I had got one Rare bronze in level 53(ish).. but until then only common and now I have lost hope that I will get any decent cards later too. For me the better cards just mean more scraps and MP as I have all the cards I would want.. but a little disappointing to know about it. At last Geralt is a better person than Ciri!

I'm not sure if you were guaranteed rare/legendary cards on the last journey but if that was the case then yeah, it's a lil bit sad.
Did the devs give any guarantees for this one..? :think:
If they didn't then we can't actually do anything but still they should've known that dedicated people of this game would spot the difference of this journey's rewards (coming at the same price), a sneaky blow imo... not a devastating one really but it leaves a bad taste.(n)

I'm not sure if you were guaranteed rare/legendary cards on the last journey but if that was the case then yeah, it's a lil bit sad.
If they didn't then we can't actually do anything but still they should've known that dedicated people of this game would spot the difference of this journey's rewards (coming at the same price), a sneaky blow imo... not a devastating one really but it leaves a bad taste.(n)

it was guaranteed last journey and this journey is not. I just got common card from journey level 94. In fact, the whole mystery card I got from Ciri Premium Journey are common card, not even rare. sad..

I was beginning to wonder if I had upset the gods of RNG again, or whether it was just another sneaky CDPR stealth nerf to rewards. With only my own small sample size, I couldn't tell, but hearing that more people are seeing the same thing makes me suspicious.

For the Geralt journey, the mystery cards I received were 0 Commons, 12 Rares (5 being premiums), 4 Epics (2 being premiums) and the 1 guaranteed premium Legendary at level 94. This was for all levels between 22 and 100, I'm not sure if there were any mystery card rewards before level 22 as I don't have screenshots for them.

This Ciri journey so far (level 67) I have had 12 Commons (4 being premiums) and nothing else.

I also went back to check the daily login cards I had received since the start of April. I had 2 Epics in early April, 2 Rares in late May, 3 Rares at the start of July, and only Common cards since then. So that's 43 cards in total since the start of April with 36 Commons, 5 Rares and 2 Epics. So I'd call that slightly suspicious, but very inconclusive.

Only CDPR know for sure if they have lowered the drop rates for higher rarity cards in the journey and possibly the daily login bonuses too. It doesn't look good for the Ciri journey though at this stage. Just another thing to make future journey purchases that bit less appealing. Way to slowly strangle the golden goose CDPR .... :giveup:

there is an update at Reddit about the extra RP bugs after Journey Level 100 that they are going to fix extra RP from 4 (bug) to 2 / level after 100 (as intended).

They also look into the mystery card rarity bug as well and it possible that players who haven't unlock mystery card might get legendary at level 94 (become a guarantee legendary).

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/ipgucx/_/g4t0nfj

there is an update at Reddit about the extra RP bugs after Journey Level 100 that they are going to fix extra RP from 4 (bug) to 2 / level after 100 (as intended).

They also look into the mystery card rarity bug as well and it possible that players who haven't unlock mystery card might get legendary at level 94 (become a guarantee legendary).

So anyone who has already earned all the mystery cards (likely all commons), but hasn't yet benefited from the extra reward points after level 100 has missed out on both counts.

So anyone who has already earned all the mystery cards (likely all commons), but hasn't yet benefited from the extra reward points after level 100 has missed out on both counts.
That will probably include me, seeing as I was mid 80's the last time I checked. I can't say I'm surprised that CDPR has screwed me, a paying customer, over yet again. Maybe this will finally make me learn my lesson and stop giving them my money.

This. I think the suggestion from the community is quite simple: don't change mystery card drop rates or RPs awarded post lvl 100 for this journey. Otherwise you're creating a field of inequality where a lot of people feel cheated depending on where they were in their Journey.

That will probably include me, seeing as I was mid 80's the last time I checked. I can't say I'm surprised that CDPR has screwed me, a paying customer, over yet again. Maybe this will finally make me learn my lesson and stop giving them my money.
I'm in the same boat, although I haven't quite reached level 94 yet, so I might actually get the legendary mystery card after all - if they've actually fixed it.

The sad thing is, I can't trust that they will have fixed it because they keep releasing bug after bug after bug with each update, often breaking things that were working just fine before. It is also clear that they just aren't doing even basic testing on these things, otherwise they would have picked them up straight away. (This assumes of course that these actually were bugs, rather than deliberate stealth nerfs to rewards that they hoped players wouldn't notice.)

It would be bad enough if these bugs were only affecting the free to play elements, but when they are affecting paying customers, they are risking losing exactly the customers they need who provide the income to keep Gwent going.

Well, considering how many times CDPR fucked up this year, they might have kept extra rewards to keep at least some people happy. But now they will look like greedy bastards to everyone, and people feel cheated again.
How do they come to such decisions, I always wonder.

Update:

I just received a Legendary Card which I understand that this is a compensation of Journey Mystery Card for level 94. It is a random one and I got a premium card that I already have regular one which should follow the same logic that I could have this card from the Journey Premium track.

There is a pop up at top right corner similar to a message you'll receive when you almost/complete quests / contracts.

Then, I check the card by browse my collection, choose new and it has only one card there. I confirm again by filtered only Legendary premium which I do not have many and it's the same one that shows as new. So, guys check your collection. CDPR just fix it.

I glad that Ciri Journey is not that bad at all but I still miss the 4 rp / level bug XD.

There is a pop up at top right corner similar to a message you'll receive when you almost/complete quests / contracts.
I haven't seen any popup and cards filtered by "new" shows nothing but I have many legendaries so maybe it was milled.

Are you sure about this popup?

Top Bottom