Gezras of leyda op plz nerf

+
If someone has a ranged row that is full and places this card on melee it will still boost all cards on its row, not sure if this is an intended "feature" or if its a bug. Eitherway plz nerf.

Messyr

Forum regular
This I'd agree is a bug.
I really believe these buffs should be conditional based on the movement that preceeds them (at least that is how it should happen in my opinion).

This is (as far as I am informed) intentional.
If he buffed the meelee row this is indeed neither a bug, nor exploit.
This happens due to the fact that the parts of the ability are coupled with an "and", meaning they are intended to happen simultaneously (although this always made me wonder why does he not boost the meelee row anyways, given that the abilities happening simultaneously would imply that the row he sees when initiating the ability should be the meelee row).

No everything is ok with Gezras. The most broken thing in the game is an Yennefer invocation. It Should be 12 provision card NOT 9

ya1

Forum regular
It works 100% according to the wording. It goes "move AND boost" not "move AND THEN boost." Only the latter describes two abilities where the the second is conditional on the success of the first. Furthemore, it reads "boost THIS row" meaning the row where it's at and not necessarily ranged. The notion it should only boost ranged is an arbitrary conclusion reinforced by repeated observation, purely subjective.

As for whether it's op, not really. Other decks got their own op stuff. So when everything is op, nothing is. That's been a balancing dogma of Gwent since forever iirc.

The most broken thing in the game is an Yennefer invocation. It Should be 12 provision

Sure.

Even in a Gezras thread, incredible...

There is no escape. @ Wild Hunt warrior

But speaking on topic - most of the explanation about Gezras has already been done before me, so I'll try to be brief.
Gezras is to a certain extent "build around it" card, so if you have no counters for your opponents' plan it will feel OP when you lose to it. However, decks with him are susceptible to bleed and the more units you destroy, the less of a threat he becomes; there is also the possibility of making Gezras stay on less populated row and thus minimize his effect (which is how I won a match with my all-in elf Eldain against Eldain with Gezras despite getting my scenario destroyed and opponents' being fully procked).

In short: is Gezras a strong card? Most definetely. Is he OP? Depends on the in-game situation.

Messyr

Forum regular
There is no escape. @ Wild Hunt warrior

But speaking on topic - most of the explanation about Gezras has already been done before me, so I'll try to be brief.
Gezras is to a certain extent "build around it" card, so if you have no counters for your opponents' plan it will feel OP when you lose to it. However, decks with him are susceptible to bleed and the more units you destroy, the less of a threat he becomes; there is also the possibility of making Gezras stay on less populated row and thus minimize his effect (which is how I won a match with my all-in elf Eldain against Eldain with Gezras despite getting my scenario destroyed and opponents' being fully procked).

In short: is Gezras a strong card? Most definetely. Is he OP? Depends on the in-game situation.
Yes, this sums it up nicely.

Top Bottom