GG button rework ideas

+
There was an early time in the game for me where I wrestled with this button in my head, how to use it correctly, is it being used on me correctly.

wtf is the point of the button?, other then the more you give you get the reward book challenge completed for 100+ gg's or whatever

once you embrace it for what it is, and just start mashing away you will find contentment in the button. but only once your give up yourself

sorta like an adult film star, im sure you got to get over the first few times but after awhile its just biz
Got 4600 GG out of 5000 for the final step of the contract. And can't force myself to just spam it 400 times :( My mom started playing much later, yet she's at 4800+ GGs already. I sent one GG today - my opponent was definitely new to Gwent and got pretty unlucky with cards (they were playing MO with symbiosis and deathwish). But when they saw there was no hope to overcome my Berserk - Heymey Defender - Dimun drakkar - Flaminica row, they quickly forfeited, Got no GG in return, but I hope that person will try building better decks in the future. But I just couldn't send GG to a person who played Vypper spamming deck against me in ranked yesterday even though I won (poor guy played Anna-Henrietta and then Coup de Grace on my spy-marked Drill - but forgot that without other Crownsplitters it only does 1 damage for 2 coins :D). The other opponent was going for Living Armor - Alchemist deck (yesterday was some sort of NG necromancers' party it seems) and also lost - but they were playing decently, so I've actually liked the game and sent GG afterwards.

Got 4600 GG out of 5000 for the final step of the contract. And can't force myself to just spam it 400 times :( My mom started playing much later, yet she's at 4800+ GGs already. I sent one GG today - my opponent was definitely new to Gwent and got pretty unlucky with cards (they were playing MO with symbiosis and deathwish). But when they saw there was no hope to overcome my Berserk - Heymey Defender - Dimun drakkar - Flaminica row, they quickly forfeited, Got no GG in return, but I hope that person will try building better decks in the future. But I just couldn't send GG to a person who played Vypper spamming deck against me in ranked yesterday even though I won (poor guy played Anna-Henrietta and then Coup de Grace on my spy-marked Drill - but forgot that without other Crownsplitters it only does 1 damage for 2 coins :D). The other opponent was going for Living Armor - Alchemist deck (yesterday was some sort of NG necromancers' party it seems) and also lost - but they were playing decently, so I've actually liked the game and sent GG afterwards.
From the perspective of the person on the other end, they dont know if your GG is a top shelf award only handed out to few, or just a GG they did or didnt get normally. They either see you did or didnt GG and think, "GG back!" or, "Dick..." then decide to GG anyway or also withhold

i grew up with dial up modems, at lunch me and my friends would have to agree on a time and chat channel to try and even meet up to play games.
Now I have a direct line to the net on my PC, i play a pc game live with a brazillian people across the planet. I can also play it from my phone. Which can literally do more then any TV movie gadget I saw when I was a kid, and somehow it isnt as cool as James Bond's watch and although facetime is real i barely use it even tho it was the technology of the future in every movie i watched growing up...

All games are GG's man, because its frickin awesome to be able to play games like GWENT over the net with anyone whenever i want, if i wanted to play card games back in the day had to find another human with a deck, or a card store, and hope no one stole our cards like jerks at lunch when we played

All G's are GG's because they are games, just games, fun, simple, sweet, seductive, games - and it is good

P.S. just 400 away! Just lube up and smash! You're literally denying yourself and the community freebies! more cards + more options = less meta

its a win win

From the perspective of the person on the other end, they dont know if your GG is a top shelf award only handed out to few, or just a GG they did or didnt get normally. They either see you did or didnt GG and think, "GG back!" or, "Dick..." then decide to GG anyway or also withhold
I can't read minds of people I decided not to send GG to. I can only hope that, while my GG means nothing, maybe some of them will try to think what was wrong with the game. Maybe I'll gladly send them GG after our next match when they meet my high criteria :cool:

i grew up with dial up modems, at lunch me and my friends would have to agree on a time and chat channel to try and even meet up to play games.
Now I have a direct line to the net on my PC, i play a pc game live with a brazillian people across the planet. I can also play it from my phone. Which can literally do more then any TV movie gadget I saw when I was a kid, and somehow it isnt as cool as James Bond's watch and although facetime is real i barely use it even tho it was the technology of the future in every movie i watched growing up...

All games are GG's man, because its frickin awesome to be able to play games like GWENT over the net with anyone whenever i want, if i wanted to play card games back in the day had to find another human with a deck, or a card store, and hope no one stole our cards like jerks at lunch when we played

All G's are GG's because they are games, just games, fun, simple, sweet, seductive, games - and it is good

I also got my share of dial-up internet. I remember my first MMORPG experience, where some people were hunting down newbies for the ear trophies, while others helped me recover a sword I lost in a dungeon. I remember spending a whole night taking about stars and constellations with a player from Germany. I also remember my later experience in a Russian browser MMORPG, where I was having great time with some people and banning scores of players per hour for racism and ultra-nationalism (when I became a moderator there). So i got to understand that not all games are good. Same is with people. And if something leaves you with the aftertaste of ash (or worse) in your mouth, you don;t call it sweet. You wash your mouth and spit it out.

P.S. just 400 away! Just lube up and smash! You're literally denying yourself and the community freebies! more cards + more options = less meta

Not when the devs try to make it easier to share decks. Toxic broken metadecks will always attract too many new players, looking for an easy way to farm wins, ranks and resources

its a win win

It's not a win if your self-respect suffers.

Last edited:
With the "toast system" the GG reward could even be the Reward Point for both - since the system wouldn't be "abused" this much.

I disagree. In the highly unlikely event that CDPR were to implement my suggestion, I think the reward should only go to the opponent when a GG is issued. My idea was to provide a means to recognize an opponent who genuinely played a good game, and if there's a reward for the player issuing the GG, then they'll just immediately issue their limited daily GGs during their first few games to reward themselves rather than their opponent. My vision for the GG system was intended to be "you played an interesting / challenging / fun match and I want to reward you for that experience".

I disagree. In the highly unlikely event that CDPR were to implement my suggestion, I think the reward should only go to the opponent when a GG is issued. My idea was to provide a means to recognize an opponent who genuinely played a good game, and if there's a reward for the player issuing the GG, then they'll just immediately issue their limited daily GGs during their first few games to reward themselves rather than their opponent. My vision for the GG system was intended to be "you played an interesting / challenging / fun match and I want to reward you for that experience".
Sadly, any system can be abused. At least mutual GGs give a chance that the game was indeed good for both parties. Your idea introduces additional limitations, but it only means people will potentially get less rewards from GGs if they play a lot. GG spammers gonna spam anyway. GG deniers will get another reason to deny GG (what if I won't have enough left for really good matches today? oh, sent no GG at all today - well, happens).

I can't read minds of people I decided not to send GG to. I can only hope that, while my GG means nothing, maybe some of them will try to think what was wrong with the game. Maybe I'll gladly send them GG after our next match when they meet my high criteria :cool:

The problem with this hope is that there are many reasons for not giving good games (high standards; frustration at loosing; dislike for a faction, card, or strategy you played; playing too slowly for an opponent’s taste; careless errors; bad luck or draws; disliked cosmetics; memory of an earlier bad game; frustration with faulty connections; forgetting to hit the GG button; waiting for the other player to give GG first; playing a net deck; playing what the other player perceives as a net deck; forfeiting too early; not forfeiting early enough; spamming taunts; being antisocial by not taunting; etc.) and there are few clues as to what the actual reason was. I have found conjecturing an opponent’s reason for actions causes more grief than good.

The problem with this hope is that there are many reasons for not giving good games (high standards; frustration at loosing; dislike for a faction, card, or strategy you played; playing too slowly for an opponent’s taste; careless errors; bad luck or draws; disliked cosmetics; memory of an earlier bad game; frustration with faulty connections; forgetting to hit the GG button; waiting for the other player to give GG first; playing a net deck; playing what the other player perceives as a net deck; forfeiting too early; not forfeiting early enough; spamming taunts; being antisocial by not taunting; etc.) and there are few clues as to what the actual reason was. I have found conjecturing an opponent’s reason for actions causes more grief than good.
That's why I don't think for my opponent. I have my criteria. If no red flags were raised, I simply send GG. No waiting for a GG in return or thinking of previous games (even if I meet the same person again during the same day), just a simple train of thought: "I enjoyed the game - button pressed, I didn't enjoy it - match results closed as soon as the game ends". This reward is mine to give, noone is entitled to it. Same goes for me - nobody has to give me anything if they dislike my playstyle and/or decks. I know when I played badly. And undeserved reward angers me instead of bringing joy.
But what this thread became about is an option to change the current system making it more meaningful in case both players liked the game.

There are at least two ways to think about “good game”.

The first is as has been emphasized in this thread: good game is a recognition of a well player and fun game. And that is totally reasonable.

The second — equally valid but typically ignored by those who lament the current “good game” implementation is as a courtesy to an opponent who gave you an opportunity to play. This spirit of “good game” is practiced after nearly every sporting event when players shake hands with opponents. It is practiced when one says thank you after receiving a gift even if one is not thankful for it.

I am Ok with changes to “good game” mechanics as long as they respect multiple perspectives on what that means; I vehemently oppose a change that precludes reasonable views about how good game should be used. Raise a toast idea is OK only if does not prevent me from giving a courteous good game — even when my opponent does not return the courtesy.

@saodhar i love how hard youre fighting for this its pretty amazing. like every match that button pops up and this whole thread must flash before your eyes. How do you feel about tipping? I gotta know

Last edited:
@saodhar i love how hard youre fighting for this its pretty amazing. like every match that button pops up and this whole thread must flash before your eyes. How do you feel about tipping? I gotta know
well, I'm not actually fighting. I try not to attack anyone, I'm not even defending my approach, more like voicing it in the replies. why not reply, when the thread is still alive?
as for the tipping - I usually tip 10-15%. but not when the service is lazy or someone tried to mess with the bill. and I don't go to cafes, where "tips are included in menu prices".
Post automatically merged:

The second — equally valid but typically ignored by those who lament the current “good game” implementation is as a courtesy to an opponent who gave you an opportunity to play. This spirit of “good game” is practiced after nearly every sporting event when players shake hands with opponents.
I see this way of treating "good game" as a statement of a game played. but to me me GG, since it gives some reward, is more like exchanging T-shirts. and I've never seen anyone doing this with a player who played dirty, for example.

It is practiced when one says thank you after receiving a gift even if one is not thankful for it.
doesn't this devalue the whole idea of being thankful? if even in a verbal form. I usually just say "nice gift" in this case.

I am Ok with changes to “good game” mechanics as long as they respect multiple perspectives on what that means; I vehemently oppose a change that precludes reasonable views about how good game should be used. Raise a toast idea is OK only if does not prevent me from giving a courteous good game — even when my opponent does not return the courtesy.
that's why the version of "toasting" I'd prefer would be the players still receiving a reward when their opponent presses the button (just maybe a basic one - it's about courtesy, not resources), but the reward being higher when both players "toast"

Last edited:
@saodhar maybe fight isnt the right word, I think youre very... diplomatic, and i enjoy following the debate. I suppose I mean champion? how you champion this cause. its great. i asked about tipping because of the movie reservoir dogs, there is a dialogue regarding tipping with Steve Buscemi's character Mr Pink. I read a lot of this thread in the tone of that scene and i love it.

@saodhar maybe fight isnt the right word, I think youre very... diplomatic, and i enjoy following the debate. I suppose I mean champion? how you champion this cause. its great. i asked about tipping because of the movie reservoir dogs, there is a dialogue regarding tipping with Steve Buscemi's character Mr Pink. I read a lot of this thread in the tone of that scene and i love it.
history of my posts removed (for valid reasons) would disagree with you calling me "diplomatic" :) but I really try to be, so thanks. and maybe I should rewatch "Reservoir Dogs". watched it once, and it's not my favorite Tarantino movie.
back on topic - I'm curious how this thread being in "Suggestions" works? is it fair to the devs if they read such topics to plow through all this discussion? maybe there's a way to pin the idea voiced here on top?

Top Bottom