GG or NOT GG...!!? [Rework GG System]

+
This overwhelming protectionism. 'Let's not let them know their play was boring/repetitive/disruptive, because they are so sensitive and might get upset'. Really? Come on.
Out of spite they Alt+F4 now. Do you think this is better than a BG button?
I'm fascinated there are so many players constantly convincing themselves they have a patent for judging what's right and what's wrong. How others should play, what decks should be played, how decks should be build etc. It's a game. It should bring fun and enjoyment. It is a pool of possibilities and noone is to judge which of them are OK and which not. We are different poeple (generaly, not speaking to you personally), we do enjoy different things in the same game. You truly don't have to share my likings (as you don't have to give a GG), you can think anything of it, but there's actually literally no reason to letting me know mine style sucks. Would you come to everyone, whose dressing doesn't compliment your likings, on the street with the urge to tell them? Why should you have this urge in the game? Its just a sign of intolerance for different attitude of others, which is actually kind of (hyper)sensitivity of its own. You're not telling them to help them, you're telling them because you're irritated. No reasonable need for a tool to spread it on the other side, really.

Ok, Guy !!! When i created this topic about GG, i didn't care much about the meaning of GG (like sportsmanship or how fun or not fun or whatever..) , what i really care is the amount of mats (materials) behind the GG. I feel it kinda unfair when S.O just took it and leave that's all, that why i suggest:
either BOTH players send out GG or non will get the mats.
Sorry for the misleading :D
... their play was boring/repetitive/disruptive
Come on, man! That deck maybe boring/repetitive/disruptive to you, but it's fun for them. You chose to play fun deck then blame others for net deck.

I always net deck from TLG (Team Leviathan Gaming), you know why!!! It's not only because i want to win, it's also because i don't have many mats to craft everything so i have to make the best of it, no room for fooling around.

And you know why i don't have many mats, it's because almost everyone nowadays seem to just take my GG's mats and leave. When it's happened i felt like: "oh! so you don't like our match, but you still take the mats i gave you. ok !!!" at least there should be a "No, Thank you! I don't like our match, you can have your luxury 5/7/9 mats back" button for those who don't like the match to return those GG's mats to the GG giver - just kidding.

The GG System
.... been the same from the beginning, 2016.
I doubt that's gonna change.

Anyway i'll just send out GGs blindly in hope of others will return the favor. GG...!!!

Last edited:
I'm fascinated there are so many players constantly convincing themselves they have a patent for judging what's right and what's wrong. How others should play, what decks should be played, how decks should be build etc. It's a game. It should bring fun and enjoyment. It is a pool of possibilities and noone is to judge which of them are OK and which not. We are different poeple (generaly, not speaking to you personally), we do enjoy different things in the same game. You truly don't have to share my likings (as you don't have to give a GG), you can think anything of it, but there's actually literally no reason to letting me know mine style sucks. Would you come to everyone, whose dressing doesn't compliment your likings, on the street with the urge to tell them? Why should you have this urge in the game? Its just a sign of intolerance for different attitude of others, which is actually kind of (hyper)sensitivity of its own. You're not telling them to help them, you're telling them because you're irritated. No reasonable need for a tool to spread it on the other side, really.

So let's say your dressing style is to wear no pants and no underwear.
1. Should you have the right to express yourself this way? Perhaps.
2. But should I have the right to approach to you and tell you that I don't like it? I guess so.
3. Should you be obliged to listen to me? I guess not.

Right now you reserve yourself the right to express yourself any way you want, but you refuse this same right to others by muting any voice of criticism they direct your way.

My intention is not to convince you or anyone else here. My intention is to express, that a BG button is still a thing I would like to see, simply because I think that it's natural and correct to have a choice.
(for oversensitive people there could be a tick-box in options to disable positive or negative or either type of feedback, so they can make use of point 3.).

Gimme_a_break said:
... their play was boring/repetitive/disruptive

Come on, man! That deck maybe boring/repetitive/disruptive to you, but it's fun for them. You chose to play fun deck then blame others for net deck.

Yes, of course. That's exactly so. If I think their deck is boring/repetitive/disruptive, I would still like to express it regardless of whether they think exactly opposite or not. It's not about coming to an agreement of whether the deck is really boring/repetitive/disruptive, because that's a personal opinion, it's only and always about expressing what an individual thinks of it.

I always net deck from TLG (Team Leviathan Gaming), you know why!!! It's not only because i want to win, it's also because i don't have many mats to craft everything so i have to make the best of it, no room for fooling around.

That statement is quite contradicting. You say it's not only because you want to win, but then you leave yourself no room to fool around.
You don't want to experiment with cards yourself, and keep using netdeck? That's fine, you have the right to do so, even though I personally dislike this type of approach. (I just used a virtual BG button here :) )

And you know why i don't have many mats, it's because almost everyone nowadays seem to just take my GG's mats and leave. When it's happened i felt like: "oh! so you don't like our match, but you still take the mats i gave you. ok !!!" at least there should be a "No, Thank you! I don't like our match, you can have your luxury 5/7/9 mats back" button for those who don't like the match to return those GG's mats to the GG giver - just kidding.

No, that's not the main reason. It's just a small fraction. Reward books and duplicate cards milling is the primary source for materials.
If you go back to my first post in this topic, you will see, that my idea of BG button is to reward the players of whether they use GG or BG. So with your intention to collect as many materials as possible in the most efficient way, my version of BG button paradoxically appears to meet your expectations much better, than the current option allowing to either give GG or not. :D

I would still like to express...
I welcome all kind of express as long as i have mats in return, all i want is some mats in return for the mats i gave out by GG. AGAIN all i care is MATs and MATs only, what bother me is my opponent just take my GG mats and leave.
....it's not only...
By "not only" i mean i still want to win (as much as possible) :D
...experiment with cards...
Require Mats which i don't have much. So the only opt is net deck > more win > more mats > make new net deck (when new expansion came up) & repeat, cause there is never enough mats :D.
No, that's not the main reason
Ofc, can you see i end that paragraph with a "just kidding". :D
...my version...
Tbh, any solution is fine with me as long as i get some mats in return. i just hate the feeling when my opponent just take my GG mats and leave, so i made this thread with 1 thing in mind: One player should not receive Mats while other don't.
So your BG button is find with me as long as you don't get the mats form my GG when you don't GG me. AGAIN all i care is MATs, glorious mats, if i gave you free mats, you should gave me back some.

Now to sum it all up: all i want, and care is: One player should not receive that particular 5/7/9 Mats while other don't (because that one player don't GG back). That's my only problem. :D

P/s: Man, so many quotes...:D, Mod not gonna think we are fighting. Sadly, In the end, nothing gonna change.

Instead of a BG button I would actually prefer a reject button for the received GG giving the opponent the massage that his GG has been rejected, because if I don't give a GG I also don't want to receive one.

Bro, if all you want is to receive if you give, and you don't give if you don't receive, just wait to see if the other player sends you a GG:

-If he/she sends GG to you, you return it.
-If he/she doesn't press the button, neither will you.
-And if both players are waiting to see if the other sends it first, they will both be waiting forever due to the generous nature of both :beer:

Jokes aside, I don't understand how a totally voluntary option raises so much debate. As I see it , it is really simple: press the button if you want, and if not, no. Giving GG does not force the other player to return it to you, as it will be his decision based on his own criteria.

Personally, I am quite strict with the GG. I only send it in games that I really enjoy according to my criteria (which are not relevant right now). That does not mean that the other player did anything wrong, it simply means that I did not enjoy the game, so I think it would be hypocritical to say "good game". Similarly, there are games that I do enjoy (whether I win or I lose). So I press the button, even if I don't receive it back. The other player would have their reasons for pressing it or not, in the same way as me, and it is ok.

Of course, this whole post is just my personal opinion. And if at some point I sounded rude, it was not my intention. It would just be my bad *·$%"· English.

So let's say your dressing style is to wear no pants and no underwear.
1. Should you have the right to express yourself this way? Perhaps.
2. But should I have the right to approach to you and tell you that I don't like it? I guess so.
3. Should you be obliged to listen to me? I guess not.

Right now you reserve yourself the right to express yourself any way you want, but you refuse this same right to others by muting any voice of criticism they direct your way.

My intention is not to convince you or anyone else here. My intention is to express, that a BG button is still a thing I would like to see, simply because I think that it's natural and correct to have a choice.
(for oversensitive people there could be a tick-box in options to disable positive or negative or either type of feedback, so they can make use of point 3.).
I think these are two different situations of expressing yourself. I mean sending a "BG" after a match and possibility to write down a comprehensive text in a forum are barely comparable. We can allways express ourselves here and stay calm and factual, but BG would only be upsetting people imho. If that BG could be "blocked" manually in the settings, that would be a different story though. And while I personally still don't see any sense in this concept, I wouldn't mind that.

But above all. You don't get me quite right in this one. I don't want to deny you the right you undoubtly have (to come and tell me). I am just wandering WHY should you do so at first. Where the urge comes from? What is the purpose? But to be fair, this one of mine is probably quite off-topic anyway.

i already
just wait
like you said, and end up waiting forever a lot of the time :D.
I don't understand how a totally voluntary option raises so much debate
I think it's because the one receive the mats is not the one that gave the GG. If it happen the other way (Who gave the GG received the mats for their sportsmanship or whatever reason...) i guess all this kind of thread about GG will not exist.
my criteria
At first, i have my criteria too, but then i felt selfish when my Opponent gave me GG and i don't, so i decide to just gave it anyway, but then i felt unfair when my opponent just take the free mats and leave. So i came up with an idea like:
either BOTH players send out GG or non will get the mats.
That way i can still give GG blindly knowing that if my opponent don't return the favor he also get nothing :D, no selfish or unfair feeling whatsoever. Just perfect solution but nobody agree.

I think these are two different situations of expressing yourself. I mean sending a "BG" after a match and possibility to write down a comprehensive text in a forum are barely comparable. We can allways express ourselves here and stay calm and factual, but BG would only be upsetting people imho. If that BG could be "blocked" manually in the settings, that would be a different story though. And while I personally still don't see any sense in this concept, I wouldn't mind that.

Only a small fraction of players uses this forum.

But above all. You don't get me quite right in this one. I don't want to deny you the right you undoubtly have (to come and tell me). I am just wandering WHY should you do so at first. Where the urge comes from? What is the purpose? But to be fair, this one of mine is probably quite off-topic anyway.

Simply because if I didn't like the game and I receive a GG, I have no way of telling my opponent "OK, you liked the game. I didn't". This way he gives me his feedback, and I have no possibility to do it in return.

Where this urge comes from? From human nature. Some people are able to naturally stifle their thoughts, some stifle them on purpose (be it social pressure, political correctness, or other), and some aren't keen on stifling them at all. It's not just Gwent, you will find it in many services, that there's "like", but no "dislike" button, which in itself is ridiculous, because it implies that you either must like it or be indifferent. You cannot dislike it. If the like/dislike system's initial purpose is to be a feedback tool, then limiting it to only "liking" system, makes it a caricature.

And just for an excercise, let's reverse the situation. Why do you have this urge to tell anyone that you enjoyed the game so much? Maybe the other player doesn't care and doesn't want to know it.
Following your previous example, why would you approach people on the street telling them about how magnificent your dressing style is?

... why would you approach people on the street telling them about how magnificent your dressing style is?
Just because the question was asked. (And being convinced you probably wanted to write: "how magnificent their style is".) ;) I very probably wouldn't. Good point from your side, maybe my own example wasn't that relevant after all.

Wow, I didn't know that the GG-Button is such a "hot" topic.. Maybe I hit it more often in the future, just so that some people don't get sad or angry for no reason - I never gave it that much thought (Gwent is the only game I play online with others). :confused:

Imho the GG-Button is good as it is: You can compliment other players for enjoyable matches or if you learned a new move from them. Not receiving a GG - it's just up to you if you take it as critisism or not. Sometimes a frustrated oppenent can be the best compliment for your played deck. :cool:

Also I'm not a friend of this kinda "demanding sportsmenship"-thing: If you are a gentleman (or lady) / sportsman and think, it's your duty or an act of decency that you hit the GG.. than just do so? But to demand that your opponent does just the same (just so you can get materials of insignificant amout too) than you are no good sportsman but rather a material farmer instead. :smart:

i think CDPR can to do more to make the game a more pleasant experience (particularly when you lose). Sure, it can suck to lose any game, but that doesn't mean there can't be some built-in things CDPR can do to ease the blow and get you to press "next game" and not alt+F4.

Of the outcomes if someone/both/neither presses GG, (it is impossible to know for sure) but it seems reasonable to believe that the person with positive feelings after a game would be more likely to GG than someone who didn't. In these instances the upset player would see GG ore/scrap, while the positive player would not. By not receiving a GG, the would-be positive player could then become less positive if the GG isn't reciprocated (and they lose out the ore/scrap). Not to mention for new players, the ore and scrap matter more for building decks so every little bit counts and leaving games with a positive impression encourages new players to stick with it.

How to solve this? Sure, the GG thing doesn't have to give ore/scrap, thereby rendering the inequality of unreciprocated GG's moot. However, my post is about making a more positive, rewarding experience to pay it forward. While receiving a reward for giving a GG might defeat the purpose of being a good sport, perhaps there could be some kind of incentive to GG - maybe something like getting scrap/ore after pressing GG for 3 games in a row.

I think a BG or thumbs down isn't constructive. If there's a benefit (even a little) for someone to give GG's, then not getting a GG would speak loudly enough than a BG or thumbs down.

It will never feel good to lose, but the game should should have built-in mechanisms to encourage good sportsmanship. Improving the GG system would be a start. (Another thought to this end, for example) would be to add genuinely positive sounding voice lines. The current ones sound too sarcastic or passive aggressive. Sometimes I literally want to say "hey, great move!" without them thinking i'm taunting them.

I just do my 5k GGs contract, and after I do it, I will never GG most likely.
So your only reason for GG is farming these measly RPs (5 for 5K, even less for intermediate steps)? I'm on my slow way to 5K (sending 2 GGs per day on a good day, 2 per week far more often), but even I appreciate an actual GG - whether a deck was played well, or a person is just sensibly doing a weekly quest with a tailored deck.
And I don't think a "Reject" button will do much good. Not because I'll miss those resources. But people who don't care for playing decently, won't care for some rando's opinion on their precious deck and brilliant playstyle.

So your only reason for GG is farming these measly
I feel nothing towards my opponents. I mean, why would I.
So my GGs are just automatic action. They are false. It feels like I lie to myself and them as well.
But ofc there might be some exceptions.

It would be better if they rework some leader emotions to be less sarcastic. :)

Automatic GGs are the reason this system has to be reworked. People who do so demean the value of the reward and sportsmanship.

I always give GG except for when a player disconnects after I played a winning card and I have to wait for the game to end...
And I almost always get a GG.
In short: I don't see the need for a change.

Top Bottom