Ghost in the Shell MMO shooter due for next year

+
Ghost in the Shell MMO shooter due for next year

This is news! while I'm not into MMOs at all, this should be interesting, I hope. If only we could get a rich story based SP experience. Well for that the new season of GITS will have to do and have to wait for CP77 now...

A GitS MMO Shooter. From a Chinese MMO company. It is appropriate this be my 1,000th post, because,

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum veteran
If only we could get a rich story based SP experience.
Isn't there already a SP GITS game for the Playstation 2? I heard that one actually has a pretty good story. You could probably pick up both a used PS2 and the game for the same as a new game costs these days.

I wonder when we'll get to the point where those interested in MMOs have so many options to choose from and so little time to devote to multiple ones that the whole MMO fad crashes in on itself?

You can't have say 3 million people all joining Section 9.
The idea of this MMO is bound to.. I don't know. Ridicilous.

If I had a hatchet
I'd destroy this goddamn game
'Cause only no-way-back destruction would give at least some satisfaction
If I used the said hatchet
No reason would be enough
To stop me feeling happy for getting rid of f- (oh! ah!)
Every time I see it
Lying on the shelf
I turn my eyes aside
'Cause a part of me will die
If I had a hatchet
I'd unleash my hidden rage
And many will agree because the hate is worth the hate

There goes another wasted year of anger management.

Isn't there already a SP GITS game for the Playstation 2? I heard that one actually has a pretty good story. You could probably pick up both a used PS2 and the game for the same as a new game costs these days.

I wonder when we'll get to the point where those interested in MMOs have so many options to choose from and so little time to devote to multiple ones that the whole MMO fad crashes in on itself?

Is it? I didn't knew! if you say so I will check it out and try to get it to work on a emulator on my rig.
I automatically go "meh" or in such cases get scared.

I cannot imagine a scenario where it would make sense in an mmo-setting without retconning it so hard it'll bleed.

Is it? I didn't knew! if you say so I will check it out and try to get it to work on a emulator on my rig.
I automatically go "meh" or in such cases get scared.

There's Ghost in the Shell on PS1, gonna guess you already know of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uTDl8auIs

There's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on PS2, it's entertaining but not a great game. It's just adequate.
Speedrun clip - Spoiler alert but at least Stage 1 should give you an idea of the gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2_pj-vc0I8

And then there's the, atrocious, boring, and godawful abomination that is... Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.. on PSP.. Not to say that SAC anime was any good, it was adequate at best just like it's games are. But this game, DIS GAME, is awful. Clunky and awful controls, boring gameplay, and 5 min cutscenes inbetween 30 seconds of gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDlABQogoqw

I cannot imagine a scenario where it would make sense in an mmo-setting without retconning it so hard it'll bleed.

Thats what I was thinking. Unlike the proposed Appleseed MMO that was supposed to come out in Japan, which actually made some amount of sense, this game is just... manwhut?

But then I have never seen a well done MMO in my life. They all just turn into twat central station after 2 hours.

POSSIBLY a little biased. There are very well done MMOs, in terms of design, gameplay, tactical depth, world lore and setting.

Problem with MMOs tends to be..well, a lot , actually. Depending on what you want in a video game.

I think you might have liked raiding enemy towns in WoW, though. Back in the day when Blizz wasn't really against World PvP. Lots of crazy fun.

Ah those awful games, reason why I never looked them up more than that.

And coming to this new MMO, although I'm skeptical, but still have some hopes coz its GITS and hopefully nothing is screwed. I don't play MMOs say for DCUO so this might be a one apart from TES Online which I'll try

Not to say that SAC anime was any good, it was adequate at best just like it's games are.

I am curious if you saw the Japanese series or the english release series. The two were fairly different in my experience and I would agree that the less story of the english one was only adequate.

I know it wont really change your mind on the subject I just have a curiosity. If you are truely bored fire me a PM about what you didnt care for and we can discuss.

Top Bottom