Ghost In The Shell Online - FPS

+
Ghost In The Shell Online - FPS

Just stumbled upon this.
Ghost In The Shell Online
They seems to have released a FPS with the GITS licence.
I don't know if it's going to be really that cool (mostly looks like a moded Call Of Duty, almost no recoil, kill streaks, etc, well a pretty mainstream FPS...), but maybe it could actually be interesting.
IMO, the FPS format isn't the best thing for GITS, but well, who knows.

Last edited:
What do you expect from Cyborg?

The thing is it's not just cyborgs, it's GITS, with the whole universe they could have done a persistent world, something like Destiny or Defiance, gameplay wise it would have maybe been more interesting and deep than a casual FPS, but it'll maybe actualy be good, who knows, just wait and see.

I think this IP would have been better served as a single player game. MP is strictly gameplay. I don't care one iota if I am playing Batu or Kusaragi.

I'm of two minds about mainstream FPSes.

I played CoD Ghosts on the PS3 on singleplayer a couple of time. It didn't tempt me to try the MP. I'll thread carefully as I don't play modern mainstream FPSes but a common complaint I read is that it's too easy to get kills. The games are more casual and less skill-based now.

The knife kills/trolling videos on youtube are pretty funny though.

Malcoem said:
The thing is it's not just cyborgs, it's GITS, with the whole universe they could have done a persistent world, something like Destiny or Defiance, gameplay wise it would have maybe been more interesting and deep than a casual FPS, but it'll maybe actualy be good, who knows, just wait and see.

Yeah, I really wish there was more innovation in the FPS genre. When I played up CoD ghosts, it was the same thing I played a decade ago with the first iteration.

It would have been pretty awesome to have the IP used as a MMOFPS /w a sprawling megacity or something. Planetside 2 is a fun concept, albeit the mechanics are a bit arcadey.

Last edited:
Long as I get to pilot a Tachikoma, I'll be good. It'd be awesome if there was more cbyer warfare elements, but oh well, I'm just glad to see GITS finally get another game.

Yes, I myself wasn't too hyped by the prospect of it being a shooter, but it still may be fun. It's also based on, in my opinion, the superior version of GITS, although the changes made in the redesigns of characters and mechs for this game I find a little kitsch.
Now for the good things: I like that Batou is the one from SAC but has the shotgun arm from Innocence, although here it looks more like a grenade launcher. I like that we have everyone in Section 9 (except for Azuma and, of course, Aramaki) getting some love. Both Batou's and Motoko's limbs look like a prospect of somewhat customizable cybernetics, I suppose we will just get to choose them at the beginning of a match. The weapons I don't recognize as Seburo arms, I hope there are more recognisable models and also that we can give Togusa his mateba. Drones seem cool, although maybe a little far future from SAC level of technology. I wonder what the Tachikomas and landmates' role will be, I certainly hope they are vehicles that any human/cyborg character can ride in the middle of a match.

I'll leave some of the concept art here, and even embed the trailer for commodity's sake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom