Ghost Mod ingame menu missing

+
Hello, I've been trying without success for a couple days to figure this out. I have the original GOG version of Witcher 3 installed (from DVDs) and yesterday installed the Ghost Mode mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/992

I used the Vortex Mod Manager and also installed the Community Patch - Base and Shared Imports. I've been opening the game from withing the Vortex program which shows the game as managed with 1 active mod.

I think there might be a file not in the correct folder or something simple (I'm not very tech savvy). Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks!

Most likely the .xml file for the mod menu is not in the correct folder. Make sure to put it in [path to game]\bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc -- you should find the file in the mod's folder under a similar path (bin\config\etc.).

I don't know how Vortex works, but I suspect it's not that much better with TW3 than NMM was.

(Moved to the modding subforum.)

Thanks for the quick reply!

In my bin\config folder I have 5 .xml files (as well as three folders called "base" "platform" and "r4game"):

- config_description
- io_priority_table
- item_icon_generation
- keyboard_layouts_description
- performance

Is the ingame menu one of these files? Or maybe all? And should I move it (them) to the "r4game" folder described above?

I hesitate moving files around unless I'm sure what I'm doing :)

Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

I copied all five .xml files into the [path to game]\bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc folder and still no ingame menu unless I'm just not finding it. I've looked everywhere in the starting game menu as well as in a new start game.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Hi, apparently not, but I thought I had. She instructs you to install the mod with the Witcher 3 Mod Manager - I thought she was referring to the Nexus Mods automatic installer. I'll install the Witcher 3 Mod Manager and see if I can make that work.
Thanks for your help!

I'd recommend you to install your mods manually.
Manual installation is always the best method. Especially the ones with extra steps like mod menu , dlc, inputs.

Top Bottom