Ghosts of Tsushima

+
What do you guys think of Sony's upcoming game Ghosts of Tsushima?

The visuals and gameplay from the demo are similar to the Witcher 3.

If the story is 10/10, then I believe that this game could seriously compete with the Witcher 3.

What do you guys think? Will it be able to hold a candle to the Witcher 3?

It looks interesting i will be keeping an eye on it . It reminds me of an old game where you had to sneak around but the name escapes me Tenchu i think :giggle:

I don't think everything needs to be compared to The Witcher 3, hehe.

I've held interest for it for a while and I'm mainly curious about it's combat. I wonder how much of it's gameplay will it borrow from Sucker Punch's Infamous series. I'm sure we'll some standard elements like a leveling tree and climbing up buildings to reveal areas. I feel, based on their games, GoT will have a straight forward gameplay, just some usual stuff with shogun layered above it.
Post automatically merged:

It looks interesting i will be keeping an eye on it . It reminds me of an old game where you had to sneak around but the name escapes me Tenchu i think :giggle:

If its an old PS2 game with a shinobi running around with a red scarf it's probably Shinobi.

Last edited:
Nop it is harder :D Dark Souls is easy i almost broke friend keyboard playing Sekiro :D
If you thought Dark Souls was easy, Sekiro is going to kick my arse.

However, I did love the Tenchu games, and the strategic stealth. If only Sekiro ditched the boss battles and focused exclusively on that stuff, I'd probably play it.

But I know a lot of people love that stuff, so I wouldn't ask for it to be removed at this point.

I'm not into samurai games of whatever genre. Sekiro, Tsushima, Hiroshima.... I don't care. But presentation is gorgeous.

I'm not into samurai games of whatever genre. Sekiro, Tsushima, Hiroshima.... I don't care. But presentation is gorgeous.
Kinda with you there. With the exception of Tenchu (which is more of a ninja game than a samurai game - stealth, not combat), I don't find much to get excited about with these games. But as you said they are beautiful to look at.

I mean...

Come on.

And Ghosts of Tsushima is just as beautiful.

Not as many good screenshots, sadly, since the gameplay video felt like it was running at about 240p.

I will probably play Tsushima if it comes to PC eventually (can't deal with PS4's 30 FPS cap) and if it is anything like the Witcher 3 in terms of open-world gameplay and story.

im not interested in "the last of us 2" I think they took the female protagonist in the wrong direction and made her into something ugly and morally bankrupt, and I have no wish too subject myself to its left leaning politics.

im not interested in "the last of us 2" I think they took the female protagonist in the wrong direction and made her into something ugly and morally bankrupt, and I have no wish too subject myself to its left leaning politics.

Given that this directly ties to the game itself, we're probably safe to discuss character-specific stuff, but let's avoid going too far into the "left leaning politics" and "morally bankrupt." That's a quick route to post deletion.

If we want to talk about what is/isn't out of character for Ellie, I'm on board.

To that end, I should point out that if the lesbian aspect is what you take issue with, this is not new for the character. She hasn't been "changed" into.. well.. anything, really, at least not as far as I remember. She's been depicted as enjoying the company of women in the past. I believe TLOU 1's DLC really shined a light on that aspect of her personality.

Ghost of Tsushima is one of the few games that I am interested in. It looks different than the standard game with theme 1 or theme 2.

A lot would have to go right for Ghost to compete with TW3, especially since we've seen so little. We don't know for sure how dialogue is implemented, or how side quests are laid out parallel to the main story. I'm also fearing the visual downgrade we see so often following E3 presentations. But the game definitely has top tier potential.

Top Bottom