Ghosts of Tsushima

+
I see a lot of TW3 mentionings in this thread. Ghost of Tsushima is going to be an open world stealth action game and not a RPG with dialog choices.

I know it's way too early to even suggest, hence the guessing game. My guess is GOT will do very well and win the 2020 GOTY. Jin will be the newest Playstation icon, joining along side Alloy. And GOT will be an ongoing series on and by itself, embarking Jin to journey all over Feudal Japan as a ronin. May be in one of his travels, he will meet with the legendary Hittokiri Battousai, Kenshin Himura. What you guys guess is? GOT for GOTY or not?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maybe in another year... Seriously doubt it will even be a contender, against the likes of Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us 2, and games already released and praised like Doom Eternal, Half Life Alyx, Nioh 2 and (my personal pick) FF VII Remake.

Hey,
forgive me an ignorant question, but what do fans find GOTY/appealing/interesting about this game?

I've watched the 18min gameplay. The graphics and effects look nice, the level design seems "different" from the other (AAA) games - kinda very open, very empty and (yet) somewhat atmospheric.

The combat seems to be random hack-and-slash no different from e.g. AC series and eventually, requires like 1 IQ to use a bomb as a distraction.

The game uses a mix of hardcoded and observation-based PoI system, where a player is navigated to some interesting places by following visual clues.

I honestly don't get it. Is it the setting and the atmosphere? Have I missed some story gameplay? Where do you see GOTY value?

Ghost of Tsushima is in no way a GOTY contender. But I'd say the same with any Playstation title released in the last 10 years. Sony really likes the "3rd-Person Over the Shoulder Action Adventure Shooter With Stealth Elements" formula. I'm surprised their playerbase hasn't gotten sick of playing the same game over and over again.

I saw too many issues in GoT, way too many. My bets are still for cyberpunk or TLOU2. Or some unannounced launch game for next gen.

Cyberpunk probably has goty. Doubt tlou2 will get it, especially with the fiasco they’re going through now.

What is GoT about? Are there any games it can be compared to, solely for a frame of reference?

So far, I think Nioh 2 is a top contender; it had everything Nioh 1 had, was vastly superior to Sekiro, and more.

I know it's way too early to even suggest, hence the guessing game. My guess is GOT will do very well and win the 2020 GOTY.

My expectations are massive. Mainly due to Infamous 1 and 2. The studio clearly showed they can be beyond amazing. Creating a completely new game and frenchise from a studio like that, hot dang. I'm justified in having huge expectations. If it is anywhere near the level of Infamous 1 it will be fantastic. It's 2020 now..

I just hope I'm not wrong. Really looking forward to this game, have been for years. Not so many good games this generation, and not so many worth waiting for.
Post automatically merged:

Ghost of Tsushima is in no way a GOTY contender. But I'd say the same with any Playstation title released in the last 10 years. Sony really likes the "3rd-Person Over the Shoulder Action Adventure Shooter With Stealth Elements" formula. I'm surprised their playerbase hasn't gotten sick of playing the same game over and over again.

OTS is trash. I doubt GoT will be OTS. It will be real third person.
Knowing sucker punch, the game could be one of the most dynamic and intense of this generation.

Mistake of the generation was to make God of War OTS making it completely undynamic, sluggish and unpowerful. Imagine a 2020 God Of War where you can use multiple weapons and ataacks and attack from multiple angles constantly in a single fight. Your character would feel truly powerful instead of some sideway walking turd.

Last edited:
Hey,
forgive me an ignorant question, but what do fans find GOTY/appealing/interesting about this game?

I've watched the 18min gameplay. The graphics and effects look nice, the level design seems "different" from the other (AAA) games - kinda very open, very empty and (yet) somewhat atmospheric.

The combat seems to be random hack-and-slash no different from e.g. AC series and eventually, requires like 1 IQ to use a bomb as a distraction.

The game uses a mix of hardcoded and observation-based PoI system, where a player is navigated to some interesting places by following visual clues.

I honestly don't get it. Is it the setting and the atmosphere? Have I missed some story gameplay? Where do you see GOTY value?
For me personally I can honestly say a lot of the appeal of the game is the setting and the atmosphere, but I also don't expect it to be a GOTY caliber game. I just want some fun and somewhat realistic samurai action. I'm fully expecting GOTY to go to CP2077.

Ghost Of Tsushima - Cleansing The Blade Ritual VI
The Screenshot - Color Edition + Maple Edition
Full-Frame Capture - 1st Game Playthrough 😁

Top Bottom