Ghosts

+
Ghosts

I am sure Ghost in the Shell was a inspiration of CD, so will the concept of Ghosts be in the game?

For everyone who doesnt know Ghost in the Shell:
In Ghost in the Shell, the word "ghost”is colloquial slang for an individual's consciousness. In the manga's futuristic society, science has redefined the ghost as the thing that differentiates a human being from a biological robot. Regardless of how much biological material is replaced with electronic or mechanical substitutes, as long as individuals retain their ghost, they retain their humanity and individuality. Ghosts can be put in nearly every robot.

In the teaser trailer some Cyberpunk pnp fans recognized Alt. In the teaser you could see her as a model in a poster.

View attachment 515

here a picture of her in Cyberpunk 2020:

View attachment 516
Its not confirmed yet if it is Alt, but if it is thanit would be interesting.

Alt Cunningham was a character in Cyberpunk 2020. She was a brilliant Netrunner, she she invented the beta version of Soulkiller, a program that would make a digital emulation or copy of a netrunner's mind. Same like a Ghost.

Attachments

• cyberpunk2077_storefront.jpg
    cyberpunk2077_storefront.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 62
  • vip.runner.alt_cunningham.jpg
    vip.runner.alt_cunningham.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,141
I am sure Ghost in the Shell was a inspiration of CD, so will the concept of Ghosts be in the game?

For everyone who doesnt know Ghost in the Shell:
In Ghost in the Shell, the word "ghost”is colloquial slang for an individual's consciousness. In the manga's futuristic society, science has redefined the ghost as the thing that differentiates a human being from a biological robot. Regardless of how much biological material is replaced with electronic or mechanical substitutes, as long as individuals retain their ghost, they retain their humanity and individuality. Ghosts can be put in nearly every robot.

In the teaser trailer some Cyberpunk pnp fans recognized Alt. In the teaser you could see her as a model in a poster.

View attachment 239

Its not confirmed yet if it is Alt, but if it is thanit would be interesting.

Alt Cunningham was a character in Cyberpunk 2020. She was a brilliant Netrunner, she she invented the beta version of Soulkiller, a program that would make a digital emulation or copy of a netrunner's mind. Same like a Ghost.

I don't believe the chick in the vid is supposed to be Alt... The Alt poster was a shout out to the fans of the original game, and while they are dressed similarly and in a similar pose... they really don't look anything alike... Plus, even in 2013 Alt was downloaded into the net and is now a Ghost in the Machine. Whereas the chick in the vid is snatched up and recruited into C-SWAT, as the end of the video shows.

As for whether ghosts will be important... well as fond as Mike is of Alt, it wouldn't surprise me if she at least makes an appearance, or possibly the characters will hear whispers of a rogue AI or something......

The Soulkiller Virus makes lots of things in the game possible, like the transference of consciousness into another brain, or even a cyberbrain...

We dont know which famous NPC will be in the game. The video had some reference about other famous CP2020 chars like Hammerman (It seems he reached the top!). I really think that the girl in the poster is an homage to Alt.

We dont know which famous NPC will be in the game. The video had some reference about other famous CP2020 chars like Hammerman (It seems he reached the top!). I really think that the girl in the poster is an homage to Alt.

That was J. hammerman in that video. I believe the one from 2020 has been named Max

So, Alt basicly created the CP2020 version of what GitS calls Ghost Dubbing (Ghost in the Shell: Innocence)...copying someone's personality and even "Ghost/Soul" into a machine.

I think if 2077 will have Ghosts, it will be part of the Cyber-Psychosis system...and hopefully also a part of the backstory, even if ghost dubbing/Soulkiller are not in the game...

So, Alt basicly created the CP2020 version of what GitS calls Ghost Dubbing (Ghost in the Shell: Innocence)...copying someone's personality and even "Ghost/Soul" into a machine.

I think if 2077 will have Ghosts, it will be part of the Cyber-Psychosis system...and hopefully also a part of the backstory, even if ghost dubbing/Soulkiller are not in the game...

Pretty much....

About 5 years beforehand as well.

Although the original game really never caught on to what they had created, it was just sort of a background bit of fluff in some fiction of the core rules meant to introduce players to the feel of the game. And it was years before it was even mentioned in the game again...

But by then some of us ahd figured out the implications of what they had created, and what could actually be done with it... especially once the released Land Of The Free... a boxed set adventure centered around the first human clone....

Except, Ghost Dubbing was done to create robots with human emotions, not to clone humans...and I think the Puppetmaster, Laughingman and the Major can become incorporal entities in the net without Soulkiller

Except, Ghost Dubbing was done to create robots with human emotions, not to clone humans...and I think the Puppetmaster, Laughingman and the Major can become incorporal entities in the net without Soulkiller

Um... I am not sure exactly what your point with this post is...

Um... I am not sure exactly what your point with this post is...

just some random fluff for comparison....I know GitS is not 2020, but it opens some alternative options to have the evil NPCs use Soulkiller other than cloning humans.....would cause some emotional stress to find something looking like a Dragoon that shows behavior or says random things that remind very strongly of your girlfriends habits....especially if there is no choice but to kill it...and worse...there are six of them...

Pretty much....

About 5 years beforehand as well.

Although the original game really never caught on to what they had created, it was just sort of a background bit of fluff in some fiction of the core rules meant to introduce players to the feel of the game. And it was years before it was even mentioned in the game again...

But by then some of us ahd figured out the implications of what they had created, and what could actually be done with it... especially once the released Land Of The Free... a boxed set adventure centered around the first human clone....

thats right

As a netrunner becoming a ghost on the interface is extremely beneficial.

I'm going to sell my PS3 and all the games just to get this game and whatever console its on.

Top Bottom