Giancardi Bank Branch for Gwent!

+
Hello moderators and fellow players. I want to share a suggestion of mine for Gwent but I cannot create my own threads yet, so @SigilFey .

To my point - I've seen quite a few people complaining about their piles of unused materials (mainly ore). I thought It would be a good idea to incorporate a way to get those materials (ore) in use. Maybe a Giancardi Bank branch offering an underwhelming exchange rate for converting ore to powder?

New players could also theoretically benefit from such a change as there will be a way for them to grind for those new cosmetics or premium cards they really want if they value that over buying kegs or playing in the arena.

I understand that the people who encounter such a situation are not majority of the player base and that a change such as this will alter the economy of the materials in the game (and inevitably some of the income for the company). That is why I only offer what I have in mind merely as a suggestion.

Here’s to better loot than in yer wildest wettest dreams!

Personally, I like idea as well, and have often considered something of the kind before, as I've an excess of unused Ore, myself.

As a minor point, though, I think I'd prefer banking with the Vivaldis. . . .
1599424717094.png

DRK3

Forum veteran
Its a good suggestion, that would benefit the players, but highly unlikely - the Gwent team have been progressively restricting the amount of ways to obtain Meteorite Powder:

1st, by eliminating the possibility of crafting premiums just with scraps, at doubled price, so players with tons of ore and scraps couldnt craft premiums, then mill em for the ore (which i did)
2nd by changing the premium costs recently, making premium legendaries way more expensive, and in general, obtaining less powder from milled premiums from kegs

To some extend you can do that.
Especially with the perks for guaranteed premiums you can just open tons of kegs and auto-dust them.
So I take it your suggestions involves a better rate than the average amount of dust one can extract from that ?

@SigilFey I like the title, thank you for moving the post :ok:.

@DRK3 It is understandable really, I wouldn't be surprised If their biggest income comes from meteorite powder sales (apart from expansions early access probably). The game is very generous to the free to play player as it is, that's my only concern with this idea, as you've pointed out the company doesn't want to make powder more accessible but quite the opposite. Anyway, the exchange rates I was thinking about would be so high, that the average player wouldn't want to grind for it (10 000 ore for 100 powder?). It would be like rewarding a veteran player for sticking around for such a long time with a free Gascon skin for example while also giving the average player a somewhat consistent (free) way to get those 100-200 powder they need for a premium card or cosmetic they really want IF they're willing to sacrifice such a big amount of ore. Not a very polished idea but an idea nonetheless.

@InkognitoXI I haven't done the math to be honest, I believe with the new change we generate 10 powder for a common card. In that case, the exchange rate I proposed above would be the same If not worse than your method. However, the guaranteed premium is at prestige 5, which takes quite a while to achieve. Even though the proposed change is indeed targeted at veteran players, it will also provide a way to grind for powder as a new player.

I don't have an excess of ore, and I like opening kegs way too much anyway, but I also like this suggestion.

While it's definitely true that CDPR have seemed intent on making powder increasingly difficult to acquire by just playing, the proposed rate of 10k ore for 100 powder is so high that it would hardly have a significant effect on powder sales.

(And 1k for 100 still isn't too good imo.)

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Kavhan Regarding the biggest income the devs obtain from Gwent, there are no hard facts, but if i had to guess, i would say its from journey passes, but more importantly, from keg sales and pre-order bundles right before an expansion, they probably get more in those 2/3 weeks right before and after an expansion than in an (hypothetical) full year with no expansions.

And your suggestion for the exchange - 10k ore for 100 powder - its way too low, 10k ore means 100 kegs, and a player interested in using such functionality will probably already have a full collection or near, so he will likely be Prestige 5 or close to it. Opening 100 kegs provides way, way more than 100 powder. The exchange rate would have to be 1000 ore for 100 to at least be considered by players.

@DRK3 I agree with you. I meant to write 1000 ore for 100 powder, yes. The price for 10 kegs. But the exact number is a bit irrelevant, I'm sure the devs will make the math on their own and come up with an appropriate number If they ever make a decision to incorporate anything close to my suggestion.

Top Bottom