Giant Toad or Katakan?

+
Giant Toad = deck thinning for early rounds. Katakan = point swing for late game.

You should have some potential Giant Toad targets in your deck, but it can also be very useful to get rid of some useless cards that your opponent Operated for you, for example. Sometimes you can use it on Foglet in case you draw one after opponent's Avallac'h / before you played fog.

NlelithZ44;n9070410 said:
Giant Toad = deck thinning for early rounds. Katakan = point swing for late game.

You should have some potential Giant Toad targets in your deck, but it can also be very useful to get rid of some useless cards that your opponent Operated for you, for example. Sometimes you can use it on Foglet in case you draw one after opponent's Avallac'h / before you played fog.

But it is way too situational. Deck thinning is good but also depends on your deck. With the wrong deck, such as those includes Crones, over deck thinning can mess up your hand. Messing up opponent's graveyard with Katakan however, is always good.

thanks for the input. I ended up going Katakan for the reasons stated above. The Toad is cool, but too risky in too many situations and ended up looking like it could be a dead card sometimes

Katakan defo, but I have beem using katakan, toad and manticore, it's amazing! You get 2 X 14 units that way! Or toad a frightener, play the manticore for the brave, then eat it next round... If you thin deck with foglet first, this gives crazy tempo

Depends on what deck you're running, what mmr you're at tbh. Giant Toad for instance can thin out your deck allowing more consistency in drawing the stuff you need. Depending on mmr at some range it is definitely more recommended to go Toad > Katakan. In fact I don't see Kata being used at all anymore at higher mmr.

i droped katakan for fire elemental, before patch he could eat a 12points bear, now useless

Top Bottom