GIG: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy - A Minor Issue

+
Hello there,

During the Gig: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy we are asked to first gain access to the hotel elevator.

Well, since we were asked to gain access to an elevator, I assumed we were going up. And I found an alternate way to the penthouse: by utilizing the double jump and the adjacent building, I can easily scale the fire escape stairs on the north wall of the hotel.

While I felt very smart and naughty, I realized the quest won't progress without you getting on the elevator in the lobby. So I killed everyone in the penthouse, took the elevator down, the quest realized I was in the elevator on the ground floor, then took it back up. Had to do two elevator trips for no reason and there wasn't even good elevator music while doing it.

I think the quest should understand that we are in the penthouse even if we didn't use the elevator. Or maybe the building can be remodeled so that we can not get to the roof by other means than the elevator.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
I literally did the exact same thing, and encountered the same issue. I saw another thread about this quest being glitched where the poster said that after dropping off the shard they never recieved a call from regina. Ive yet to do that but wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this same issue with the penthouse flag. Will post an update once ive seen whether i recieve the call from regina about payment location
Post automatically merged:

Update:
The quest worked fine, and im slightly surprised because i grabbed everything possible in the hotel (minus the key in front of the front desk merc) and messed around for quite a long time before actually meeting up to drop off the shard, like multiple police response, fights with gangs on the street, but Regina called me the second they drove away, and i got the bonus for being totally stealthy

Last edited:
I also climbed up to the top of the hotel but with charge jump instead of double.

The views from the staircase are quite nice :)

Same problem here. Which is somewhat annoying. Because the jumping route is clearly designed intentionally. Would be nice if that got cleaned up in the future.

And I have to agree with my fellow posters regarding the views on the way up. I suffer from a nervous fear of heights, which got progressively worse with every flight of stairs, all the way up to getting sweaty fingers on the final few jumps on that antenna. Very well done :)

wait wait wait CDPR, I did not see this stair to the roof, is it the second reference to "Брат 2"?

if so, that is the canonic walkthrough of that quest and the game diffenetly must count it as entering the penthouse!

Encountered the same issue. Took a bit of jumping around, but I never entered the hotel until I was in the penthouse. My exact steps were
-initial quest call from Regina
-Try to swipe the acces token under the receptionists nose by rebooting his optics and shutting off the camera behind him - didn't work - die, reload from checkpoint
-inital call from regina again
-immediately went to the side of the building WITHOUT entering the lobby
-climb the fire stairs
-jump around on the antenna on the next building to bypass closed fire escape stair portions (it would be cool if these could be opened in some other way than just bypassing them, as the double jump is not precise enough imo for this level of Mirror's Edge gameplay)
-walk in/drop in, klep the data and everything else in the satchel without anyone noticing, walk down the fire escape again
At this point, I still had a questmarker for entering the lobby.
So I did just that:
-rode the elevator all the way up with the access token that was in the satchel, then just had to open the door to the apartment and all the quest goals in the apartment were marked successful.
-rode back down and left the hotel
-immediately handed over the data after the call from regina
-got second call and bonus for stealth

I think the quest just needs a flag that bypasses all the steps on the way in to the apartment and allows V to bug out the moment you've got the contents of the satchel.

-Try to swipe the acces token under the receptionists nose by rebooting his optics and shutting off the camera behind him - didn't work - die, reload from checkpoint
With tech skill (not much 7 or 8 max), you can loot a access card in the room behind the receptionists :)

With tech skill (not much 7 or 8 max), you can loot a access card in the room behind the receptionists :)
I actually had tech skills nearly maxed, but where would the fun in that be
the double and charge jump change the game completely, you get so many more avenues and attack vectors, it's insane. It feels like playing the OG Crysis again.

Top Bottom