GIG: Goodbye Night City, But I didn't kill him

+
So in this mission you are asked not to kill any Militech officers, so I though ok time for some stealth. but after grabbing a guy and then knocking him out, I hide his body in a container and guess what, it counts as him being killed?? I have a video clip of it happening but the file size is too large.

I found this out during this very gig. I tried again and rather then dump the body in a trash bin, I just put the body somewhere out of site. That seemed to work.

As for a video clip, you need to upload your video somewhere (You Tube perhaps or another site) and then use a link in your post to that video.

msxyz

Forum regular
Dumping body in containers doesn't normally count as kill; I never received rep points for it, only stealth points. I'm speaking from experience (at least with patch 1.06 - I never updated my game to later patches). I've completed all the missions and my style is always to 'clean' the scene by hiding people in closets and trash dumps. But the game is bugged. Sometimes using a blunt weapon with an added effect will kill the NPC instead of putting him out of action. Sometimes moving a senseless NPC in another location will kill him as well (you can hear a 'splat' sound and a pool of blood forms underneath the body) for no other reason than bugged collision.

First time I hear that dumping somebody in a container will result in a kill, but I'm not putting it past the bizarre behavior of this bugged game...

Dumping body in containers count as kill since day one. I play this GIG in every version (or almost).
First time i see that, it's 2 or 3 days after release, i put our friend Blake in a container by mistake.
Sometimes moving a senseless NPC in another location will kill him as well
Before 1.2, if you carrying a body (unconscious) and drop it, there was a good chance he would be killed ('splat' effectively). But now, it's fix ;)
(Tested on many GIG and enemies. I essentially play stealth "hand kill". Phantom mode)

So in this mission you are asked not to kill any Militech officers, so I though ok time for some stealth. but after grabbing a guy and then knocking him out, I hide his body in a container and guess what, it counts as him being killed?? I have a video clip of it happening but the file size is too large.

it doesn't count as being killed, but it doesn't necessarily stop you from being detected. You can be detected and still knock people out. I finished that quest, you have to be pretty careful. and I did put one guy in a box from what I remember.

Yes it does :(
The optional objective ("Not kill any Militech's guy") directly fail when you put an unconscious body in a container.
It's also true what as if you drive on a unconscious guy with Militech's car :D

hmm, well maybe I am misremembering then

Well Played
??? he just run in godlike without taking any dmg... hows this well played? or was that sarcasm? ...

is this very easy mode? some mods? really curious - also how do u get 700+ hp on lvl 46 without consumables?
no rant just curious - i always play on very hard and could never just walk in there ignoring every enemy and just leave without issues to complete this or any other gig. hmm...

Even if NorseGraphics is playing on easy, I think it's impressive that they have built their character up to have a high resistance to damage. it's another play style in my eyes, not something I would personally opt for.

??? he just run in godlike without taking any dmg... hows this well played? or was that sarcasm? ...

is this very easy mode? some mods? really curious - also how do u get 700+ hp on lvl 46 without consumables?
no rant just curious - i always play on very hard and could never just walk in there ignoring every enemy and just leave without issues to complete this or any other gig. hmm...
Maxed armor at 5000, using all Legendaries and inserted purple Epic Armadillo's into the slots, no mods, and on normal difficulty. Not Godlike, as 46 is almost max level you can reach. Ohhh, and I also have the subdermal legendary armor in the cybernetics-slot (200 for that one).

Edit. I wonder if I play on Very Hard if what I did in the video is possible (I don't think so).

Max out the character, armor, weapons and the only way to die is from falling or multiple car explosions. Once maxed out then every mission is done with ease. In every ending with Adam Smasher I am able to kill him with just 4 headshots. 15-20 seconds to end him. I wish there is more to do in this game. All that is left is a couple xbox Achievements.

5-19-2021_5-35-23_PM-ogelcwxm.png

this. even with 7k armor.
Post automatically merged:

it is possible for your first 3 steps. than you are gone for good. ^^

hmmm, I'm not sure. is that area harder than the secret area ending? I beat that with an h2h playstyle. Or is it more the way he does it that you are talking about?

Top Bottom