GIG: Goodbye Night City, But I didn't kill him

+
hmmm, I'm not sure. is that area harder than the secret area ending? I beat that with an h2h playstyle. Or is it more the way he does it that you are talking about?
He walk in middle of enemies and undergoes a deluge of bullets (I also think, one militech's guy have HMG). He is in "I feel nothing" mode :D
In very hard, i don't know how it could be possible to survive more than 5s (even with 7K armor).
I also do easily "Don't Fear the Reaper" (with 3K armor), but by avoiding at maximum the bullets and healing me when i'm too low life :)

Last edited:
He walk in middle of enemies and undergoes a deluge of bullets (I also think, one militech's guy have HMG). He is in "I feel nothing" mode :D
In very hard, i don't know how it could be possible to survive more than 5s (even with 7K armor).
I also do easily "Don't Fear the Reaper" (with 3K armor), but by avoiding at maximum the bullets and healing me when i'm too low life :)
well, I don't remember exactly now, but I think with athletics and coldblooded, and highest armor gear, you can get a lot higher armor, but maybe the reaper is easier. As melee boxing, you kind of have to take a number of hits. That said, I was definitely using heals.

For this mission to make sense I think the Optional objective should have been to not be detected.

well, I don't remember exactly now, but I think with athletics and coldblooded, and highest armor gear, you can get a lot higher armor, but maybe the reaper is easier. As melee boxing, you kind of have to take a number of hits. That said, I was definitely using heals.
Yep, with cold blood skill, good body and good armor's set (20 slots - armadillo) you can resist more long than my relatively weak build. But "simply" walk in middle of 5-10 enemies who shoot you (especially with one HMG in the batch), whatever your build, you die pretty quickly.
And with my build (100% crit chance), "Don't Fear the reaper" is pretty "easy", because the enemies often die before to shoot on me :)

For this mission to make sense I think the Optional objective should have been to not be detected.

well, its a different goal.

Not being detected is about not wanting anyone to know who did it

Not killing anyone is about not wanting to cause long lasting harm.

Lets say I wanted to pay you to steal a car back from my cousins who stole it from me. I might be fine with them knowing, but really against you killing them.

In this case, there is no way they wouldn't eventually know someone broke a prisoner out. So being undetected is of limited benefit. Killing a bunch of millitech guys might lead to more effort figuring who broke him out though.

Post automatically merged:

Yep, with cold blood skill, good body and good armor's set (20 slots - armadillo) you can resist more long than my relatively weak build. But "simply" walk in middle of 5-10 enemies who shoot you (especially with one HMG in the batch), whatever your build, you die pretty quicly.
And with my build (100% crit chance), "Don't Fear the reaper" is pretty "easy", because the enemies often die before to shoot on me :)

you can also get blocking perks in athletics I think, with all that and guarding, I think I might be pretty tough.

Last edited:
you can also get blocking perks in athletics I think, with all that and guarding, I think I might be pretty tough.
Yes ;)
But if you look the video, at 6:43, he simply walk around under a bullets storm (without searching to avoid them). In very hard, it's too much for survive a long time, even with the max armor/resistance available.

well, its a different goal.

Not being detected is about not wanting anyone to know who did it

Not killing anyone is about not wanting to cause long lasting harm.

Lets say I wanted to pay you to steal a car back from my cousins who stole it from me. I might be fine with them knowing, but really against you killing them.

In this case, there is no way they wouldn't eventually know someone broke a prisoner out. So being undetected is of limited benefit. Killing a bunch of millitech guys might lead to more effort figuring who broke him out though.

Post automatically merged:

The Quest giver Dakota I think her name is, doesn't want Militech to know anything is happening, so it doesn't make sense breaking into a border prison camp to free a prisoner and have Militech shooting at you seeing you free them and then leaving the area with little fuss.

like you said they will eventually find out a prisoner is missing, but the optional objective for not being detected would make sense in my opinion, or have both optional objectives.

Attachments

• Screenshot (41).png
    Screenshot (41).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
The Quest giver Dakota I think her name is, doesn't want Militech to know anything is happening, so it doesn't make sense breaking into a border prison camp to free a prisoner and have Militech shooting at you seeing you free them and then leaving the area with little fuss.

like you said they will eventually find out a prisoner is missing, but the optional objective for not being detected would make sense in my opinion, or have both optional objectives.

yeah. with that description, maybe it was a mistake, or they wanted to make it harder than just killing everybody, but as you said, then both conditions would be better.

That said, the condition of no kill gave at least one guy some extra entertainment.

I could add that it, on journal is "written" by johnny and not really the description of the quest ;)
But yes, it could be really cool to have both (and more often in game) :)

I could add that it, on journal is "written" by johnny and not really the description of the quest ;)
But yes, it could be really cool to have both (and more often in game) :)
The image shows the details that the quest giver(Fixer) texts you, after you talk over the phone once near the location of any side Gig (first two images). These aren't the words of Johnny, only main quests are written as if Johnny is talking to you and not to mention before Johnny steps into the scene, Jackie is the one describing main missions to you (last Image).

Attachments

• Screenshot (44).png
    Screenshot (44).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
"sometime you need a friend to lean on, sometimes you need a friend to break you out an immigrant detention center at the Night City-Socal border"
There are not Dakota's words at all (for me, it's Johnny) :)
But if Dakota said "not kill Militech's guys", she paid you for a job, the customer is the king, you doing it and without asking question :D

And for me it's seem logic whether it is not important to be detected or not :)
Because :
- You have no connection with the type.
- The guy leaves Night City.
Totaly different to "Welcome to America, comrad" where you can kill or not but you must not be detected
Because :
- If you are, there are high chance that the guy find the tracker on his car.

Last edited:
"sometime you need a friend to lean on, sometimes you need a friend to break you out an immigrant detention center at the Night City-Socal border"
There are not Dakota's words at all (for me, it's Johnny) :)
But if Dakota said "not kill Militech's guys", she paid you for a job, the customer is the king, you doing it and without asking question :D
In my second image, The fixer Dakota says at the bottom of the paragraph that "He (Archibald) contacted me to break Bruce out of his cage". Why and how would Archibald contact Johnny?

Last edited:
This is how I see it :
In the journal, it's just to select the quest/GIG that you want to follow, it's accompanied by a quick and funny description (For me johnny, but hey, that's just my opinion).
If I really want informations on a GIG, I read the message, send by the fixer on your phone (it's much more detailed and clearly from the fixer).

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what's in the message for this GIG, I read it way too long ago and since my second playthrough, I never read them again :)

This is how I see it :
In the journal, it's just to select the quest/GIG that you want to follow, it's accompanied by a quick and funny description (For me johnny, but hey, that's just my opinion).
If I really want informations on a GIG, I read the message, send by the fixer on your phone (it's much more detailed and clearly from the fixer).

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what's in the message for this GIG, I read it way too long ago and since my second playthrough, I never read them again :)
That's what I do, read them as soon as they text me the Deetz and the images I have uploaded are indeed those very texts received directly from the fixer. I should have used these images first off, but as you can see they are exactly the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot (49).png
    Screenshot (49).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
Here is a link to a video I made on YouTube
In the image I have posted you'll see a response from CD tech support. They believe this mechanic to be working as intended. I think we can all agree that this mechanic does not work as intended.

Attachments

• Response.png
    Response.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 38
Ok, if it's intended, we'll have to do with :)
Edit :
Also it could be a problem in some GIGs if put a inconscient body in container not killed it.
Like in every GIGs where you must have to kill/knockout the target. If you knockout the guy and put it in a container by mistake (obviously, it's impossible to retrieve it). the quest will be stuck :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom