Gig: Old Friend and Gig: Bring Me The Head Of Gustavo Orta bugged

+
So, I am running into a bug where these two gigs are bugged:
•Gig: Old Friend
•Gig: Bring Me The Head Of Gustavo Orta bugged
Both of these gigs are given by Sebastian "Padre" Ibarra specifically in Vista Del Rey in Heywood.
When i get to the location where the gig takes place, Padre doesnt call me to give me the quest, instead the objective is still "you never know what you will find"
I have tried loading older save files, i tried doing other missions and coming back to the area, i tried skipping time, i tried staying next to the quest area for 3 hours, i tried calling Padre, i tried going to him, i tried sleeping several times...nothing worked. This is a bug, something is preventing me from progressing and it needs patching from CDPR.
I play on PS4, this bug has been happening to me since day one and i have tried these quests on every single version of this game, every single patch, that is not an exaggeration btw. I have reached out on the form, i have posted on the forums before, i asked on the Discord, i looked online for a solution and i even offered to send my save files, i need help on this. I am not going to replay 100 hours for 2 fetch quests to get my platinum trophy. Please fix this, if you need my save files just let me know, i will be more than happy to send them.
If you have any input on how to fix this, any idea on how to force the quest to start please let me know.

The best way to report a bug it's there (Contact Us button, one ticket per bug) :
You should receive an answer by the support and maybe they will ask you to provide a save (it could take a time to receive an answer due to the fair amount of report that they should currently receive...)
Just a question, you're in 1.5 ?
(if no, don't update your game right now if you have a disc version).

The best way to report a bug it's there (Contact Us button, one ticket per bug) :
You should receive an answer by the support and maybe they will ask you to provide a save (it could take a time to receive an answer due to the fair amount of report that they should currently receive...)
Just a question, you're in 1.5 ?
(if no, don't update your game right now if you have a disc version).
I am in 1.5 and i dud reach out to them through the form. Any idea on how this can be fixed?

Honestly, if you enter in the buildings (ground floor for Gustavo and in the restaurant for the other dude) you don't receive any call from Padre, the quest can't start :(
Unfortunately, by your own I really don't know how you can fix it by your own. So the best you can do it's to send a ticket to the support for help with the link above.

Honestly, if you enter in the buildings (ground floor for Gustavo and in the restaurant for the other dude) you don't receive any call from Padre, the quest can't start :(
Unfortunately, by your own I really don't know how you can fix it by your own. So the best you can do it's to send a ticket to the support for help with the link above.
I reached out several times to CDPR support through that ticket throughout the last year after every single patch, nothing was done.

So, I am running into a bug where these two gigs are bugged:
•Gig: Old Friend
•Gig: Bring Me The Head Of Gustavo Orta bugged
Both of these gigs are given by Sebastian "Padre" Ibarra specifically in Vista Del Rey in Heywood.
When i get to the location where the gig takes place, Padre doesnt call me to give me the quest, instead the objective is still "you never know what you will find"
I have tried loading older save files, i tried doing other missions and coming back to the area, i tried skipping time, i tried staying next to the quest area for 3 hours, i tried calling Padre, i tried going to him, i tried sleeping several times...nothing worked. This is a bug, something is preventing me from progressing and it needs patching from CDPR.
I play on PS4, this bug has been happening to me since day one and i have tried these quests on every single version of this game, every single patch, that is not an exaggeration btw. I have reached out on the form, i have posted on the forums before, i asked on the Discord, i looked online for a solution and i even offered to send my save files, i need help on this. I am not going to replay 100 hours for 2 fetch quests to get my platinum trophy. Please fix this, if you need my save files just let me know, i will be more than happy to send them.
If you have any input on how to fix this, any idea on how to force the quest to start please let me know.
Thats a shame indeed.
I just happen to have done both those yesterday in order to try out the experience gai from sleeping and for me they happened like they should.
So the best thing I can tell you is to have patience until CDPR acknowledges them and work on a fix.
Sorry mate

Thats a shame indeed.
I just happen to have done both those yesterday in order to try out the experience gai from sleeping and for me they happened like they should.
So the best thing I can tell you is to have patience until CDPR acknowledges them and work on a fix.
Sorry mate
I was really hoping 1.5 would fix it, its so frustrating to have tried on every single patch to no avail. I really dont want to replay 150 hours for 2 fetch quests for the platinum. To say i am mad at this game would be an understatement tbh. Waiting for almost a year and a half for a fix now. What a sick joke this game has played on me.

How is this still not solved yet? How is this acceptable. I used all the correct channels to get my feedback across several times, how is this still a thing? Why is this not fixed? Is my problem not a priority? Is my issue not worth fixing? I am I expected to just f off after using all the right ways to bring my issue to the dev team? Why is this still not fixed? To say i am mad at waiting for close to 2 years now would be an understatement. WHY IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED?

Hey, my account is new so I'm trying to get posts to make a thread to solve these. I've found how to solve all gigs using CET. Then update the gig count for fixers and force start gig tiers if need be.
I don't have a solution without using Cyber Engine Tools, but here is how you can solve this specific gig.
For anyone reading, the following steps are exclusive to the Gustavo gig and should be followed in order.

Make this gig your tracked quest.
Open console commands and use this script
journalManager = Game.GetJournalManager()

trackedEntry = journalManager:GetTrackedEntry()

questEntry = journalManager:GetParentEntry(journalManager:GetParentEntry(trackedEntry))

questEntryHash = journalManager:GetEntryHash(questEntry)

journalManager:ChangeEntryStateByHash(questEntryHash, 3, 2)
That solves the journal aspect. To update Padre's gig count, open console commands and use this script
Game.SetDebugFact("rey_01_finished", 1)
That takes care of Padre. If you need to unlock further gig tiers for him, I will post the next steps. But if this was your last gig, the reward quest should activate automatically.
Cheers!

So, thank you for your time and effort in trying to help me out solve this issue. I just wanted to come in here and reply to you even thought it's a year+ late.
This cannot work for me since I am on PlayStation and not PC.
However, thank you for your time and effort.

Top Bottom