Gig rewards you found to be disproportionate (inherent spoilers)

+
lots of threads on main missions and a few on side missions in which the rewards didn't match the effort in doing them, however this topic is about gigs. obviously gigs are plentiful and their rewards are expectantly reflective of that fact, however there are times in which a fixer is clearly exploiting the completionist in us.

gig: psychofan

reason: giving kerry's guitar to El Padre for ~3k eddies

the mission itself was lucrative for me, since i ended up with two pieces of legendary clothing, however getting 3k to turn over an item that is not only functionally a masterpiece, but is also invaluable both sentimentally and historically, makes no logical sense

also as a side note, the mission itself is just bizarre. the manner in which El Padre presumably writes the message is not in line with his character, and his remark about it being "in the right hands now" is also imo not in line with reality

Last edited:
the mission itself was lucrative for me, since i ended up with two pieces of legendary clothing, however getting 3k to turn over an item that is not only functionally a masterpiece, but is also invaluable both sentimentally and historically, makes no logical sense

Well it's not yours, you're being paid to steal it.

Well it's not yours, you're being paid to steal it.

yeah but why would i sell it for 3k? if it's my possession i could easily find a buyer and sell it for me. i've killed so many valentinos and i know where the guy lives. if he were stupid enough to send his goons after me i'd erase him from existence. so it's not out of fear i turned it in, and i didn't turn it in for the monetary reward, ultimately i turned it in to complete the gigs in heywood.

yeah but why would i sell it for 3k? if it's my possession i could easily find a buyer and sell it for me. i've killed so many valentinos and i know where the guy lives. if he were stupid enough to send his goons after me i'd erase him from existence. so it's not out of fear i turned it in, and i didn't turn it in for the monetary reward, ultimately i turned it in to complete the gigs in heywood.

I dunno, probably because double crossing your Fixer is a bad idea professionally.

Mind you, I do like that your reaction is, "Stealing multitrillion dollar company information for pennies? No. Stealing the guitar of a ROCK GOD? Never!"

:)

I dunno, probably because double crossing your Fixer is a bad idea professionally.

Mind you, I do like that your reaction is, "Stealing multitrillion dollar company information for pennies? No. Stealing the guitar of a ROCK GOD? Never!"

:)

call me pragmatic. for one, trillions seems a bit superfuous. secondly selling a physical item to collector is slightly more realistic than brokering a deal with a corpo over something metaphysical. and finally, i fear corpos and their unlimited resources, i don't fear a religious nut in an impoverished neighborhood

The xp and money rewards is way to low for everything.
I do not think many would get the trophy for buying all cars until much later after a DLC or two giving more money.
Because normal game play even platinum the game will not give you the 2 million eddies to buy all cars for trophy.

It is very stupid design.

I never before had any trouble like this in a single player game.

Last time I had a grind like that was in Original WoW to get that epic mount, unless you got lucky with some drop to sell in ah.

Would be nice if we had the option to give it back to Kerry instead and he would work it out with Padre or something. It honestly felt strange to me as well to basically transfer it from one collector to another. (And yeah, getting this gig from Dino would make much more sense, even though it is technically not in his area.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom