Gig - The frolics of councilwoman cole BUG

+
Hiya.

So today I was going through gigs and crime scenes so I have a completely finished map before finishing the story and I've encountered a bug with this gig which won't allow me to collect my bonus.
The quest had an optional part that I don't get detected but when I want to collect my bonus reward from the targeted dropbox it only has the sell option. I already have re-loaded the save file, restarted the game and even re-done the quest 3 times, but no change.

Anyone knows a solution for this one or it simply has to be patched?
1608302125194.png

Thanks in advance.

I haven't had that mission yet, but just saw the walkthrough video. Looks like you should have two options here. Strange.

Judging from the screenshot you are on PC, so you could try to verify/repair the game, just in case, as mentioned in this info from the support website:
(it's also possible to contact them via this form by clicking on "contact us")

Other than that?
Did you try to do things differently when redoing the quest? Or maybe go to the drop point without drawing a gun? Or with a different gun. Maybe something specific triggered the problem, but I don't know.

Yes, I've done the quest on completely different routes each time and at first I approached the dropbox without a drawed gun. I'll try repairing a bit later. If that won't solve, I'll report the bug, thank you for the link. :)

Hiya.

So today I was going through gigs and crime scenes so I have a completely finished map before finishing the story and I've encountered a bug with this gig which won't allow me to collect my bonus.
The quest had an optional part that I don't get detected but when I want to collect my bonus reward from the targeted dropbox it only has the sell option. I already have re-loaded the save file, restarted the game and even re-done the quest 3 times, but no change.

Anyone knows a solution for this one or it simply has to be patched?

Thanks in advance.
Did you relaunch the game?

Hey there,

I just hit this bug as well on my game. I also had an issue with the Gig: Hot Merchandise quest as well that wouldn't let me complete it. It seemed as if anything that involved getting a call from a Fixer just wasn't triggering.

However, I was able to correct my weird state by finishing up Coin Operated Boy before starting either of these. I had left the Coin Operated Boy quest lingering with the "Talk to Theo" step, which quite possibly blocked phone calls somehow.

SchwarzMond would you happen to have that Quest in progress by any chance? If so, I recommend finishing it up and seeing if that fixes your state. If not Coin Operated Boy, there may be another Quest in progress that is blocking phone calls for some strange reason.

I've had the exact same problem. I didn't have the option to recieve the bonus. I left the mission in that state and left that entire area for later. I've completed the badlands and pacifica achievements. I came back to this mission, it was still bugged. I verified the game files on steam, didn't work. At this point i just gave up and moved on to finish other missions in City Center and when I approached this one suddenly I got a phone call from the fixer and he closed the gig and the mission is complete in the quest log :shrug:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 275
Same bug on PS4 Pro, so one of many issues (for PS4 specifically). Think the best we can do is report it, planning to reload to a save before the mission and return after a patch or two.

Hey there,

I just hit this bug as well on my game. I also had an issue with the Gig: Hot Merchandise quest as well that wouldn't let me complete it. It seemed as if anything that involved getting a call from a Fixer just wasn't triggering.

However, I was able to correct my weird state by finishing up Coin Operated Boy before starting either of these. I had left the Coin Operated Boy quest lingering with the "Talk to Theo" step, which quite possibly blocked phone calls somehow.

SchwarzMond would you happen to have that Quest in progress by any chance? If so, I recommend finishing it up and seeing if that fixes your state. If not Coin Operated Boy, there may be another Quest in progress that is blocking phone calls for some strange reason.

The thing is, I received the call and nothing blocked it.

However a simple game repair fixed it for me though, sorry for the late answer on this one (I wasn't home and I couldn't manage to do it earlier).

Edit: Let me know if it fixed for you too aswell.

Last edited:
I had this same issue with this mission. Saw some people talking about certain quests locking up their phones. I found that I had Beast in Me:City Center Race. Finishing that one fixed it for me

I have also encountered this bug playing on ps5, however it is my last gig on the map so there's nothing that could be blocking it, even tried buying vehicles from dino just in case

I have the same issue... I don't know what's going on because it's my third gig in the row I cannot finish due a glitch. I've already played over 85 hours and I did not came across any serious glitch till today. I've got also problems with Dino's "An inconvenient killer" and "A lack of Empathy".
Gliych.png

Hey there,

This worked for me too (on PC version 1.06). At first, couldn't claim the bonus, but after I spoke to Theo I had like 5 calls come it at once from all the fixers I had done gigs for in the mean time. Everything freed up after that.

Same here PS4 Pro.. Every time I accept this quest it seems to put you in a perpetual state of combat. Even though it doesn't indicate it. you cant save or use anything while on mission. Hence the not getting the bonus from drop box. We have to wait for a fix unless someone figured out a work around.

Hello. The same thing just happened me in PC as well. I tried to reload from previous saves, do the mission again etc. Nothing seems to have worked.

The machine only has "sell" option, but no "claim reward".

I think, the only workaround right now is to make some noise during the mission, so that the bonus does not trigger at all. That way, at least you have the Gig closed. Didn't try that yet though. Just saved and quit :/

Otherwise, I have doubts that the "up to that date already happened bug encounters" will be corrected, even if they fix the bug from happening again. I already lost the achievement for Watson quests due to a similar thing in a reported crime*. I don't want to lose the City Center quests completion Achievement as well.

*: The laptop you get the info for the antenna in Reported Crime: One Thing Led to Another does not work by me. There is no "use" option for the laptop, only "open/close", and even if I try to "remote hack" the laptop from distance all hack options are red and I get the error message: This device is not electrified or something like that. Therefore the box in the antenna is not triggered to get accessible. So, I cannot complete that reported crime as well.

I've had this happen to me with one of the gigs in Rancho Coronado and completing all the NCPD Scanner Hustles in that district allowed me to complete the gig. Might be worth a try if anyone else is stuck.

For my said reported crime it didn't help (that is the only quest/gig/police radar activity on Northside right now, and still not interractable), but I can try for this Gig that as well. Will take some time though. City Center is in general the more "high level side" of the town, thefore it's tho least touched part of the city for me right now :/

Top Bottom