"Gig: The Union Strikes Back" Available Earlier Than Intended?

+
Hey all!

I would report this as an issue to CDPR's tech support, but there is no topic under which to report this specific issue.

Anyways, I am currently clearing the city of currently available content, having progressed the main quest to just after "Playing for Time". As I was going through Santo Domingo, I saw a marker for a side job which seemed to be proximal to where "The Union Strikes Back" is supposed to start; I found this strange, as although I had 50 Street Cred, I had not progressed far enough in the main quest to unlock that Gig. So I went to check it out and, surprise, it was indeed that particular Gig, unlocked early at a point which makes no sense (having not met Rogue properly). Has anyone else noticed this oddity?

In any case, I thought I'd just note this here. I have no intention of doing the Gig until it is supposed to be unlocked.

Hey all!

I would report this as an issue to CDPR's tech support, but there is no topic under which to report this specific issue.

Anyways, I am currently clearing the city of currently available content, having progressed the main quest to just after "Playing for Time". As I was going through Santo Domingo, I saw a marker for a side job which seemed to be proximal to where "The Union Strikes Back" is supposed to start; I found this strange, as although I had 50 Street Cred, I had not progressed far enough in the main quest to unlock that Gig. So I went to check it out and, surprise, it was indeed that particular Gig, unlocked early at a point which makes no sense (having not met Rogue properly). Has anyone else noticed this oddity?

In any case, I thought I'd just note this here. I have no intention of doing the Gig until it is supposed to be unlocked.
To relay any issue to CDPR, you can use this link.

Never witnessed this before, but there are other gigs and side jobs that I find are rather, mistimed. V asking Johnny if he saw what happened, right after V taking the morning after pill to get rid of him. Padre calling for the first time, and introducing himself to V, while V already knows him from the first 6 months in the city. Those are 2 out of my head that I noticed.

Can go ahead and report it, but personally find it better for gigs to unlock prematurely, then not unlocking at all.

Unfortunately the current setup of the tech support site makes it so you have to report issues under a specific topic (for which none exist for my given issue), so that's why I have not reported it via the site (as I alluded to earlier). It is possible, however, I have missed a way to simply report an issue without a topic.

Anyways, I hear you regarding it better it unlocked early rather than not at all. That said, I think we can both agree the best outcome is one where it unlocks when it is supposed to. Regarding the various narrative inconsistencies, yeah, I most definitely agree with you on that (particularly vis-à-vis Johnny and V).

Last edited:
So in your game, this GIG is available before Ghost Town ? (before the first meeting with Rogue)
You have try to do it ? She call you ?
If yes, very weird. I never saw that in all my playthroughs (and generally, I pass near this one because there is an Assault in progress just behind the building).
If you don't use mods (and didn't before), you can report it (with a save)

Indeed, I have not done Ghost Town and when I approach the site, Rogue calls me like we're old buddies. Also, I'm on PS5, so mods are a non-issue.

Indeed, I have not done Ghost Town and when I approach the site, Rogue calls me like we're old buddies. Also, I'm on PS5, so mods are a non-issue.
Ok very strange, so you can report it to the support, if you want (but I don't know how you can share a save on Playstation).

Unfortunately the current setup of the tech support site makes it so you have to report issues under a specific topic (for which none exist for my given issue), so that's why I have not reported it via the site (as I alluded to earlier). It is possible, however, I have missed a way to simply report an issue without a topic.

Anyways, I hear you regarding it better it unlocked early rather than not at all. That said, I think we can both agree the best outcome is one where it unlocks when it is supposed to. Regarding the various narrative inconsistencies, yeah, I most definitely agree with you on that (particularly vis-à-vis Johnny and V).
Think this is the best way for you.

"I want to report a visual issue." Can click the, "Contact us", tap and explain the issue.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was just curious: When the gig is normally supposed to appear, do you just have to have done Ghost Town or Ghost Town *and* Gimme Danger? On top of having 50 Street Cred, of course. I'd just like to know so I can do the gig when it was intended.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was just curious: When the gig is normally supposed to appear, do you just have to have done Ghost Town or Ghost Town *and* Gimme Danger? On top of having 50 Street Cred, of course. I'd just like to know so I can do the gig when it was intended.
Only after "officially" meet Rogue for the first time, so only after Ghost Town ;)
And I think, you don't need to start/finish Lightning Breaks and Life During Wartime.
(Nothing to do with Judy and Goro main quest parts).

Top Bottom