GIG: Two Wrongs Makes Us Right. Error in Johnny's dialogue?

+
When V is about to enter the van which is to be delivered to a designated area, Johnny says "Not the Van we're looking for. Check out these tracks, though. Go deeper down the tunnel."

OK, so I thoroughly explored deeper down the tunnel. There's nothing else to explore. There is a large explosible boiler which I thought might unveil something that was hidden. I shot and naded it many times, but the boiler does not explode.

To what was Johnny referring?

Two Wrongs Makes Us Right.jpg

Yep it's this one, no doubt ;)
So it could be a bug, this dialogue line could be said for the car at the entrance (where there are 2 animals and a turret).
Or it could also be a "bullshit" by Johnny, it happen many times in the game.

There's nothing in the back of the van. I also went through about every youtube "Gig: Two Wrongs Make Us Right" walkthrough, but either Johnny never appears for the player or the player ignores the dialog. The dialog is very specific. I'm thinking this part of the gig is glitched, so I'll post a bug report later on. I gotta know for sure.

There's nothing in the back of the van. I also went through about every youtube "Gig: Two Wrongs Make Us Right" walkthrough, but either Johnny never appears for the player or the player ignores the dialog. The dialog is very specific. I'm thinking this part of the gig is glitched, so I'll post a bug report later on. I gotta know for sure.
Could be a bug ;)
I have never see Johnny in this GIG since day one. But I always enter from the top, near the "crashed" Delamain, so it could explain why (and I haven't done this GIG in 1.3).

He has appeared for me, close to parked Hella? in Animals base, but his dialogue glitched for me in version 1.06 and 1.3 his line mentioned in OP: "Not the Van we're looking for. Check out these tracks, though. Go deeper down the tunnel." appearing later in game, like there should have been something else, but it never triggers.

I haven't gotten that far in 1.3 but I saw that in my last run. Johnny spawns towards the exit of the tunnel, but it's actually an entrance too. So, he's supposed to say that if you enter through the exit basically. The vehicle he's referring to isn't the one you end up driving out. He's right - it's just that it looks backwards if you'd entered through the "normal" entrance (up above in the construction area).

I haven't gotten that far in 1.3 but I saw that in my last run. Johnny spawns towards the exit of the tunnel, but it's actually an entrance too. So, he's supposed to say that if you enter through the exit basically. The vehicle he's referring to isn't the one you end up driving out. He's right - it's just that it looks backwards if you'd entered through the "normal" entrance (up above in the construction area).
That sounds about right to me. If you have a save, try entering from the other direction.

Sometimes, to avoid bugs or glitches, a quest flag (something like Johnny's dialogue) is scripted to fire off at the right moment...or if some later quest flag is about to be triggered.

(Also, edited the title for clarity's sake. I jumped in here expecting a philisophical discussion about the meaning behind the quest or something. :p )

Yea happends too me too all the time since i enter from the top. Allways thought it was strange but this explains it pretty well.

Top Bottom