Gigni or Scorch?

+
Gigni or Scorch?

Hey all!

Just looking for some feedback on two cards that I am looking into. I have tried to accommodate Gigni into some decks before, but it would usually end up as a dead card... I have not really messed around with Scorch much but have seen it's nasty effects!
Both cards can be great for certain circumstances, but I'm just trying to get some feedback on which would mostly be useful.

It would depend on your deck and on the meta, mostly.

If you play a deck which has good interaction with spells (scoia'tael for example, which has a silver tutor for spells and spell revival, etc), then I'd say scorch might be better suited.

If you play a deck with mostly units, and especially if you play a deck which can get some high power units on the board, then it might be best to use g:igni, as it won't affect your side of the board, so worst case scenario it's just a 4 power body, it won't ever be a totally dead card or a card that can backfire.

There's also the consideration of golds and silvers to take into account, and also you might wanna run both. Right now, with dwarves and consume everywhere, I'd say g:igni is a card that'll see a lot of play in mostly every deck. But scorch can be really good in some builds as well.

Last edited:
Skryba86;n9098650 said:
It would depend in your deck and in the meta, mostly.

If you play a deck which had good interaction with spells (scoia'tael for example, which has a silver tutor for spells and spell revival, etc), then I'd say scorch might be better suited.

If you play a deck with mostly units, and especially if you play a deck which can get some high power units on the board, then it might be best to use g:igni, as it won't affect your side of the board, so worst case scenario it's just a 4 power body, it won't ever be a totally dead card or a card that can backfire.

There's also the consideration of golds and silvers to take into account, and also you might wanna run both. Right now, with dwarves and consume everywhere, I'd say g:igni is a card that'll see a lot of play in mostly every deck. But scorch can be really good in some builds as well.

Thank you for the reply! Everything you stated has def put it into better perspective now. I've been running NG and can really get some numbers up, so I really don't need Scorch backfiring. I will started really working with Gigni now to try and get as best a grasp with it as I can.
:cheers:

Hi. Well. It depends on the deck you play. If you running deck with juicy units like spotters, dorfs, etc. then scorch will be blocked by this units so Gigni is better. As for Gigni it's very rarely a dead card in the current meta - Spotters, Dorfs, Vrans, Ekimmaras, stacked sergeants\bsc ( same strength ) + it wont be blocked by your own units.

My opinion is that Gigni is almost auto-include for now. I have it in my current Tech-ish Swarm Dagon Deck and it works like a charm.

Last edited:
I stay away from scorch
playing monster Consume I'm usually on board with big numbers in a single card.
so Geralt igni has been a staple since day one

Last edited:
Villen is good if igni becomes a dead card quite often for you, and is slightly better than scorch providing your opponent can't pass. Usually of you have row manipulation and ability to line targets up, igni is amazing. If you run weak unit swamp or lots of control, scorch is better. But definitely consider villen as the third option.

I'm been toying around with straight scorch deck in casual that can scorch with Vill, Gigni, Schirru, Scorch & Eithne. It's fun at least. It also relies on first light & elven mercenarries & nature's gift to thin so you draw as many scorches as possible.

Last edited:
Both. I run a pretty fun scoia'tael deck in which I have Scorch, Schirru, Gigni and Villentretenmerth. Very satisfying with a few dim shackles, especially against monster consume or NF. If you are interested I can put a link from gwentify with the exact composition. The deck name is Inferno :)

imo gigni is surely the way to go, I saw a lot of deck using igni and you can always find a safe target in the early round.
With scorch sometimes I find myself in a really weird situation and if you play with big tempo deck like NR,consume or even skellige you usually burn your units.

Rawls;n9101730 said:
I'm been toying around with straight scorch deck in casual that can scorch with Vill, Gigni, Schirru, Scorch & Eithne. It's fun at least. It also relies on first light & elven mercenarries & nature's gift to thin so you draw as many scorches as possible.

This does sound really fun! I can just imagine your opponent just like "what's this?!?!". You def have to let us know how it goes!

colorad0kid1107;n9110260 said:
This does sound really fun! I can just imagine your opponent just like "what's this?!?!". You def have to let us know how it goes!
More like "*sigh* not again" It's pretty much spell'tael. They lack units so if opponent keeps throwing out units R1 instead of pass that deck will loose.

Top Bottom