Gimme Danger... stuck leaning on rail - different save game issue?

+
So this is NOT the save file>8mb bug, as my save files are about 4.7mb AND I have not used the item dupe glitch.

I played through Gimme Danger quest, up until we scanned Arasaka's lot. We then parted ways, and I went into town to knock out a few things before Takemura called me back. (He hasn't yet.) I then saved my game, and shutdown for a few hours (today.)

I loaded the game a few minutes ago, and when I go to load my save, it loads OK, loads in the street I was standing on, and then... WOOF! Screen suddenly goes to loading again, and it loads... a moment in time where I am leaning on the rail above Arasaka's warehouse, but Takemura is already gone. I have no options to move away from the rail. I can't "F" to unlean, walk or jump away; can't draw a weapon. I CAN use my scanner, but that appears to be all.

Any thoughts on this, or anyone run into this one before? I am about to try:
Restarting PC;
Restarting game (duh);
Checking Windows Updates;
Checking Nvidia driver (updated on launch day).

I've copied my save files to another location just in case...
Post automatically merged:

Update - and would love to chat with anyone seeing this issue also.

Tried every save AFTER that point I was being reset to, and glitch would still 'roll back' to that alternative save point. It LOOKS like... it's forcing an autosave checkpoint to override my manual save that I am loading. Anyone into save game editing or modding enough, to know how/why that would be?

I kept going down older saves... and found one from about 30 minutes prior, that DID sorta work. It still overrode my save game, loading in the checkpoint, but FINALLY it bugged to a point I could MOVE and was not stuck leaning on the damned rail. I was then at least able to walk away, leave the area, and move on to other normal activities...

I've created 4 new saves after this point, and we'll see if those 'stick'. Right now, I'm afraid to turn off the game...

Update 2; so I'm doing side gigs waiting for his call... and suddenly get a loading screen in the middle of play, and whadda know? Back to square one, leaning on the damned rail.

Last edited:
Made an account just to answer you...having the same issue and it's extremely frustrating that all of my saves (manual or auto save) revert back to the rail scene and just like you, stuck. o_O

Did you ever try re-installing it? If so, how did that work out?

And...same problem even after reinstalling the game.
Which has me suspect it is a saved game file issue.

:cry::giveup:That's hours of my life I can't get back.
Please, CD Projekt Red...get your stuff together. This was supposed to be an amazing game and it's ruined by these bugs.

Last edited:
Made an account just to answer you...having the same issue and it's extremely frustrating that all of my saves (manual or auto save) revert back to the rail scene and just like you, stuck. o_O

Did you ever try re-installing it? If so, how did that work out?

And...same problem even after reinstalling the game.
Which has me suspect it is a saved game file issue.

:cry::giveup:That's hours of my life I can't get back.
Please, CD Projekt Red...get your stuff together. This was supposed to be an amazing game and it's ruined by these bugs.

Hey RollTide, sorry I didn't see this sooner. YES! I found the fix, and it's SO stupid-obvious, you're going to smack yourself (I did... repeatedly. Then once in the mirror for good measure.)

So... you will need to slowly go back through your EARLIER saves - before that moment in time you are stuck at, until you find one that is not borked - where you are actually earlier in the mission (or before it) with Takemura. Now, play through it, up to the same spot on the rail. Follow him down like normal... and then IMMEDIATELY choose how you are going to assualt/enter the warehouse, and do so.

The first time, I'd swear he said he would contact me when he was ready; he did not. If YOU make the first move though, and say, steal the truck, he will immediately contact you, and move forward with the quest. Complete it, and you are now fixed past the rail bug...

Make a fresh save then, and delete the buggy ones.

Top Bottom