Girls Chamber

+
Though that still seems to assume no male flight attendants. But if that is company policy or male preferance I can't say.

but this bloke complained that they had replaced their tall, slender flight attendants with short, fat ones.

Considering the height limitations for flight attendants of that specific airline are: between 163 cm and 175 cm (5'4" and 5'7") in height for women and 170cm and 185cm for men. I really doubt the womans size suddenly dropped.

Really short fat woman never get the job anyway. Most airlines still have height/reach requirements and a certain body mass Index their flight attendants muss pass. (usually it's just described as "healthy" weight)

Though that still seems to assume no male flight attendants. But if that is company policy or male preferance I can't say.

What do you mean? I'm not sure why any of that would indicate there were no male flight attendants, just that the stupid person complaining wasn't happy with how the female ones looked.

@Princess_Ciri True, I read that thinking there were only, but he only referred to the replacement of the female staff, so I actually don't know. Good catch. :) Either way he was an idiot. ^^

(Curiously enough though employing only female flight attendants is seen as negative towards women.)

Last edited:
Personally I don't understand why the attractiveness or gender of flight attendants is so important to people.
For me as long as they're polite and clean I don't care who is my flight attendant.

Personally I don't understand why the attractiveness or gender of flight attendants is so important to people.
For me as long as they're polite and clean I don't care who is my flight attendant.

The gender is something old, back in the day pilots where males and the attendants where female. Stuck around for a long time as it was seen un-manly to be a flight attendant. And some people are just morons that never got over the idea that those gender roles are gone.

Attractiveness is relative, the airlines don't really care about attractiveness itself. But they do have a catalog of standards for their attendants.
Among them are
height/reach - Too small and you can't reach the upper cupboards or the hand-luggage. Too tall and and in certain planes you run into trouble. The optimal reach is about 2 meters.
Weight - You just can't use obese people, the space to move is limited in planes and nobody wants a flight attendant that bumps into passengers while serving drinks. Also too thin and you're facing a whole different set of troubles.
Likewise other standards for appearance are asked depending on the airline. No visible tattoos, piercings, natural hair colors, clean shaven men. Usually they want flight attendants that won't "insult" anyone. So neutral, clean appearance is best.

But we are far away of the ancient times where a perfect flight attendant was an ex-model.

The overall appearance demands are about the same as in any higher class restaurant.

Male flight attendants who a met were nice, kind and often more accomplice than female ones...

Wait... nothing to do with the fact that I am a woman, right?

What do you mean? I'm not sure why any of that would indicate there were no male flight attendants, just that the stupid person complaining wasn't happy with how the female ones looked.

The response from the airline also stated the physical qualifications for male flight attendants, so it isn't their stated policy to exclude them. However, this is still usually a woman's job in most of the world, just as the seats in the pointy end usually belong to the men.

What I've found is that being able to speak at least a little of the flight attendant's language goes a long way toward getting more attentive service. (This worked a treat last time I flew Lufthansa, where the flight attendants have a reputation for being, well, efficient. A few compliments on their service in German, and my wine glass was efficiently kept full all the way from Frankfurt to L.A.)

Last edited:
What I've found is that being able to speak at least a little of the flight attendant's language goes a long way toward getting more attentive service. (This worked a treat last time I flew Lufthansa, where the flight attendants have a reputation for being, well, efficient. A few compliments on their service in German, and my wine glass was efficiently kept full all the way from Frankfurt to L.A.)

I wish that had worked for me when I'd flown with Virgin Atlantic from Tokyo to London. I spoke to the flight attendant in Japanese and all that happened was that I ended up engaged in a battle with her - in the sense that she refused to speak to me in Japanese and I refused to speak to her in English. Sigh.

I wish that had worked for me when I'd flown with Virgin Atlantic from Tokyo to London. I spoke to the flight attendant in Japanese and all that happened was that I ended up engaged in a battle with her - in the sense that she refused to speak to me in Japanese and I refused to speak to her in English. Sigh.

*put on my wig disguise*

Well, at least you know how to keep things entertaining! It reminds me of playing a verbal version of the game chicken.

*put on my wig disguise*

Well, at least you know how to keep things entertaining! It reminds me of playing a verbal version of the game chicken.

Ugh it wasn't even funny by that point - after spending a year in Japan wanting to desperately practice my Japanese, only to meet Japanese people desperate to practice their English, I was sick of the verbal battles where both of us would insist on using their foreign language :p

Ugh it wasn't even funny by that point - after spending a year in Japan wanting to desperately practice my Japanese, only to meet Japanese people desperate to practice their English, I was sick of the verbal battles where both of us would insist on using their foreign language :p

Ah, perhaps you should have said in broken English "me no speaky Engrish" then continued on in Japanese? Or perhaps I just have a twisted sense of humor :teeth:

Done that a couple of times. Back when I first came to Germany I knew just enough German to buy food and survive that was it.
Every single German wanted to prove how well they knew my language from their vacation. I just pretended I spoke only French and suddenly they all agreed German was really the better choice.

After a few months they gave up, it helps that I have a German accent when speaking English, a Austrian accent when speaking German, an English accent when speaking French and I completely forgot my native tongue.

doubt that @ReptilePZ (among others Anti-spam Blue Patrol) has the feeling I've ever gone... rather the opposite: I've got my claws well nailed in this forum.

Anyway nice to re-see you over here.

And, no, the only thing I've have where Corylea's name appears is her mods :(

Last edited:
Thank-you for the warm greeting, wisielec!

I invite all the gals (and gal-friendly members!) to come and help out once more on the witcher wiki (the real Official wiki!) in the run up to, and then of course after the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I can hardly wait, i'm just so excited about the new game :)

@ wisielec, i have not heard from Corylea in ages. I also hope she's well .

Top Bottom