Girls Chamber

+
and sadly Type 3 of those parents try to see themselves as type 4...
If you have something to say about me, please, say it directly, and not with these "neutral" examples. If you believe that when i become a mother i 'll leave the education of my child to the hands of companies, you are making a big mistake. All i said is that movies with the same "brain washing" subject all the time, is a certain danger for the people who cannot take care of themselves and their kids. Of course, there is the good stuff out there, good movies, books, games, it's all there, but these people doesn't choose it. They choose the crap. What can i say? Free will... :-\ And, Tyranith, i guess you 're right... Now that i think of it, i see that art is the mirror of the world, it was always that way, and not the opposite.

Cassandra31EEE said:
and sadly Type 3 of those parents try to see themselves as type 4...
If you have something to say about me, please, say it directly, and not with these "neutral" examples. If you believe that when i become a mother i 'll leave the education of my child to the hands of companies, you are making a big mistake. All i said is that movies with the same "brain washing" subject all the time, is a certain danger for the people who cannot take care of themselves and their kids. Of course, there is the good stuff out there, good movies, books, games, it's all there, but these people doesn't choose it. They choose the crap. What can i say? Free will... :-\ And, Tyranith, i guess you 're right... Now that i think of it, i see that art is the mirror of the world, it was always that way, and not the opposite.
Erm girl, I haven't aimed that posting at you. If I intend to place a comment about someone who posted here I tend to say so and not juggling with subliminal arguments.What I posted is my opinion in general ...

Wha irritates me most about the whole games=psychopaths debate, is that yes it should be controlled by the parents, but personally I think it depends entirely on the person in question. I'm a person who's been brought up with fantasy films and games, and would like to think I've got a pretty good grasp of reality. Well...I'm not a psychopath anyway. What also bothers me, is that the publishing companies in certain parts of the world seem to take it as their responsibility to decide what's appropriate and what's not. I'm not saying we should be letting very young kids watch adult films/play adult games...but I do believe that if you're old enough to play an adult game, it should be your choice whether you buy it and accept the content...not the publishing company's decision.

Rihara88 said:
Wha irritates me most about the whole games=psychopaths debate, is that yes it should be controlled by the parents, but personally I think it depends entirely on the person in question. I'm a person who's been brought up with fantasy films and games, and would like to think I've got a pretty good grasp of reality. Well...I'm not a psychopath anyway. What also bothers me, is that the publishing companies in certain parts of the world seem to take it as their responsibility to decide what's appropriate and what's not. I'm not saying we should be letting very young kids watch adult films/play adult games...but I do believe that if you're old enough to play an adult game, it should be your choice whether you buy it and accept the content...not the publishing company's decision.
I totally agree with you.I was the same, brought up with all the stuff and I am not a psycho either.But unfortunately when I put that fact on the table that there are enough kids who are mature enough for some of the games and movies that are actually for adults - they get huffy and tell me I have no idea about how to raise a child.It's true that I have no kids - but I know that if I had any I would let them play the same games I play when I see they are mature enough to see a difference between reality and fiction - and that's something parents have to teach their kids.Honestly - before we had computer games - what did kids play?Cowboy and Indian, the good cowboy fights the bad indian. They play it with imaginary guns and imagine how to kill their targets. Sometimes even sticks are used and used against other kids in this game.Mugger and Policemen - the good policeman hunts down the mean robber and shoots him.,Knight against Evil Knight - sticks are used and they keep beating each other.All violent - all naive and one of them even politicial incorrect - because indians aren't evil - but kids (at least during my childhood) belived that - despite the Karl May's movies.And a lot parents didn'r cared about such notions - even nowadays.But they freak out about boobs and words like "shit" . Not having the slightest clue what kind of other nasty words their kids already have learned at the kindergarden and at school.(Oh and some of the parents I know swear on the bible that THEIR angels don't cuss when they are alone among their kind... lol how naive)

Comeing from one of the XY`s *chuckles* Here is somthing you may frind intesting in the games= debateRight now it gameing and I grew up with fantasy films Books and all that stuff as Rihara88 pointed out and I turned out ok some my debate that fact ;)Now a bit psychopaths history Befor Vid game it was D@D to blame Befor that it was comic books to blame Befor that it was Rock and Roll Befor that it was Jazz Befor that it was it was gangstar films talking about the old black and white films.This is only a veary short list My point is ppl try to find a easy fix to lay blame on rather then look to themself or there family I grew up with no father around he split when I was 9 yrs old and my mom took care of the 3 of us yep 3 boys so she had her hand full but we grew up with open mind and also learned right from wrong.

You can even go back to Ancient Greece where it was that terrible Socrates corrupting the youth with his philosophies. They actually got him sentenced to death for it! :eek:

Seeker said:
My point is ppl try to find a easy fix to lay blame on rather then look to themself or there family I grew up with no father around he split when I was 9 yrs old and my mom took care of the 3 of us yep 3 boys so she had her hand full but we grew up with open mind and also learned right from wrong.
That was my point about responsibility - people are so unwilling to take responsibility for their parenting that if anything goes wrong they'll look to blame it on anything. Marilyn Manson, bowling, DnD, any of that sound familiar?

Yes I would have to say it's people bing unwilling to accept their own parental failures. I feel that there are extremes of both sides i.e. some crazy parents ban everything thats over a PG-13 rating, whereas in my opinion, others are too liberal. Of course it's all opinion on what's too much etc, but I would be much more concerned about the violence kids witness than the sexuality...for surely in life you're more likely to sleep with someone then murder them! But saying that I still think their are some films/games I wouldn't let a ten year old near, but that's just me maybe.

Incidentaly, what does everyone think about the double standard in the media about male/female nudity? I'm not sure if that counts as sexist..but it sure as hell bothers me.

Rihara88 said:
Incidentaly, what does everyone think about the double standard in the media about male/female nudity? I'm not sure if that counts as sexist..but it sure as hell bothers me.
The media has so many double standards it's hard to pick just one to bitch about. I never really think or talk about them too much because I simply expect biased crap from the media. It's like rooting through a pile of pigshit to find the piece that smells the worst.In the case of "lol wimmin r beein objectifyd": If women are being objectified, then what about male models? Do they not matter as much, or do women need to be looked after more because they can't think for themselves?It's sexist whichever way you look at it, but it comes down to opinion whether you think it's biased toward men or women.One thing's for sure though, it's all stupid.

People are very unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions nowadays. Why bother teaching your kids when films and the internet will do it for you? *slap forehead*
Thank you. I think everyone's pretty much summed it up. I kind of feel that we are on a downward spiral here. Children are mailable, they must be sculpted at a young age, taught what is right and what is wrong. Parents need to take control of the situation and stop expecting society to raise their children. No, I'm not a mom and I realize that being one is not easy, but I'll be damned if I bring a kid into this world let him or her run wild. A dear friend of mine never disciplines her son. He's ruled the roost since he was old enough to talk. She lets him watch whatever she wants and hey, I don't have a problem with that, but if you don't teach your children that that sort of behavior is inappropriate, how will they ever know? And once you've let them get away with something for so long, it's kind of hard to go back and change it. Maybe I think too much but I look around me at society as a whole and it makes me sick. People have no respect for one another, have lost their sense of brotherly love, there is no honor or pride except for pride in what one owns these days. I wonder how we got to this point. I can say one thing for sure though...it didn't have anything to do with a video game./rant off

Rihara88 said:
Yes I would have to say it's people bing unwilling to accept their own parental failures. I feel that there are extremes of both sides i.e. some crazy parents ban everything thats over a PG-13 rating, whereas in my opinion, others are too liberal. Of course it's all opinion on what's too much etc, but I would be much more concerned about the violence kids witness than the sexuality...for surely in life you're more likely to sleep with someone then murder them! But saying that I still think their are some films/games I wouldn't let a ten year old near, but that's just me maybe.
You just wrote down what I was thinking :)And you're right there are games and movies a child shouldn't watch.There are some really sick games out there with the sole purpose to deal violence in its most cruelst way. I never played it, but saw it at my brother's home - Manhunter for example. That game didn't thrill me the slightest bit and I never would let a child play that one.Bioshock at the other hand - if I had a 10 - 12 year old kid I would let it play the game given I am around and given it's intelligent/mature enough to see it as a game and not reality.Teheheee, my stepfather has bought my Leisure Suit Larry when I was just 12 years old and the whole sex topic hadn't been really new or bad for me.I just learned to look at it with tongue in cheek and enjoy it for what it is.It all depends on the child, how mature it is, how sensible it reacts to certain content. Plus also how extreme a game or movie is.

I'll try to bring this little fact to light.(sorry didn't read the whole thread)But I (as a Male) enjoyed being a female in the game Beyond Good and Evilits was refreshing actually. 8)I would enjoy seeing more of that kind of RPG.Don't mind seeing more females at all on the gaming scene (just hope the companies cater to them as well)Don't see the need for some guys to go over board with their relations with females (see comic near the beginning of thread :) )

Definately as it's been said it really depends on the child a lot of the time. But I don't think The Witcher would ever be on my allowed list for my kids, but Tomb Raider and things of that sort; yes. I used to watch 15 rated movies e.g. Dune at a young age, and my parents would just skip the very adult parts until I got older. I think that's an acceptable method of keeping an eye on what the child is watching/playing. It's a shame but many companies don't really cater for women for the simple "fact" that there are more male gamers. I'm inclined to agree with this, but it's obviously hard to say for sure. However I'm really not fussed, The Witcher caters for me by having Geralt in it :D Shame you don't get him nude on any cards though... :-\

Rihara88 said:
However I'm really not fussed, The Witcher caters for me by having Geralt in it :D Shame you don't get him nude on any cards though... :-\
Seconded! Devs, do us girl gamers a favor and add at least one nude card of Geralt!!! Nude card of Geralt strongly requested by girl gamers! - That is a nice subject for the forums, isn't it? ;D

ceridwen1 said:
ceridwen1 said:
However I'm really not fussed, The Witcher caters for me by having Geralt in it :D Shame you don't get him nude on any cards though... :-\
Seconded! Devs, do us girl gamers a favor and add at least one nude card of Geralt!!! Nude card of Geralt strongly requested by girl gamers! - That is a nice subject for the forums, isn't it? ;D
Wait till the modders get their hands on the construction set ;-) I am more than convinced there will be some really hot stuff that will make us fan

LOL yeah it's so damn unfair if you're a straight female in the world of The Witcher..or most games in fact ;D Oh well...

Top Bottom