Give me ideas for fun playthroughs

+
Alright, I've finished every thing on the map and journal, made some other fancy achievements too, but not all. Also finished every possible ending, except The Devil (for achievement). I want to play again and do some of the missing ones and picking some few dialogue options that will change the game. However I will play on Very Hard now, I was playing on Hard.
Now I want some ideas/challenges/way of playing that will make my second playthrough a good time. I hope this helps other people to have ideas too.

Some thoughts:
- I won't use any mods, not until a more stable version of the game is out and/or proper mod support (you can suggest one specific if you want).

- "Trying a different build" is pretty common thought, how about some details about a fun build?

- Keep this on-topic please, I know the state of the game and if I wanted to play something else I wouldn't be asking this.

Thank you!

Well, I finished my first playtrough as a street kid that got so fed up with Night City that he
decided to leave it behind, crossing the border with Panam & Aldecaldos and taking a break, even if just for 6 months.

As balance in the game is currently all over the place, my plan for next 2 playthroughs is as follows:

Playthrough 2: Corpo. Lowest BODY possible, as he's a rather skinny guy. High INT, COOL and some REFLEXES. The guy really sucks at weightlifting and technical stuff. Despite everything he will try to side with corporations on every occasion, until the very end. He will use only pistols and hacking throughout the game as he's too weak to carry heavier guns.

Playthrough 3: Nomad. Toughened by years spent in the countryside, got in trouble with his family and he comes to Night City thinking he could make it big there and maybe make it up this way. High BODY & TECH, mid reflexes, low INT and COOL. He will use shotguns, mixed with melee & gorilla arms. Tough, solo-type guy, he just fixes things by smashing/shooting them in the face.

The most fun playthrough is where you play balanced and not do one thing over and over.
Like you gradually level say reflexes, body, (and probably cool), maybe a bit of tech to 5 to craft some rare weapons and stuff when you need it, and intel to 7 to just unlock the enhanced mass vulnerability, and keep switching up weapons and tactics to level your skills with the different weapons and stuff as you play through the story. Don't put all points in one op thing put switch it up. It will keep variety and fun in combat.

[based on 71 total attribute pts at 50]

terminator:
20 bod, 20 ref, 20 tech
- limited speech - avoid blue choices, try to select bod or tech whenever possible
- go naked all game

evil genius:
20 int, 20 tech, 3 bod
- always mean but otherwise suoer passive... only says yes to jobs/money/rewards... always asks for more... always takes Int response

cyberpsycho:
20 bod, 20 ref, 8 tec, 20 cool, 3 int
- murder everything
- murder everything

cyber spy:
20 ref, 20 cool, 10s plus 1 extra
- stealth or talk your way thru as much as possible
- its not so much as avoiding violence or lethal action as much as avoiding conflict and things which are painful
- (reflex is your "fast talker/witty" conversation choices)

netrunner:
20 tec, 20 int, 20 cool
- similar to spy, but you talk to computers instead of people

commando
20 bod, 20 tech, 20 int
- limited mobility (quickness/stealth) but otherwise you have the keys to the city
- blends quick hacking w combat really well
Post automatically merged:

oh, and Jack (of all Trades):
14 in each (plus 1 extra) +/- 1-2 in ea
- for those who are indecisive... closed out from specialty conversation choices/door access (they highest offer the greatest change/reward USUALLY)
- you'll have lots of choice when plotting your move/wont be forced into something based on character type

Last edited:
Here's a build I enjoyed a lot.

Blade Runner
Starting stats:
6 body
5 reflex
3 tech
3 int
5 cool

Level 50 stats:
16 body
18 reflex
18 tech
3 int
16 cool

Focus on blades in reflex, cold blood stacks in cool, and health regeneration in combat in body. Tech for crafting, or if you don't care about crafting (I didn't for most of the game so this was the last stat I leveled) dump more into something else that you like. Grab a Sandevistan or Berserk and forgo hacking completely, relying on your ability to sneak around or just rush through and slaughter everyone while being as tough as a behemoth.

I settled on this type of play for my first finish of the main story after starting over several times, and I actually liked not using hacking at all as I found my quickhack character was simply too good for me to have much fun (killing guys 12+ levels above me with ease). At least with this style I had to work up to being a killing machine a little. :D

My first playthrough I basically ended up doing and getting the most OP things in the game, though accidentally. I didn't go looking for guides on how to become overpowered, but ended up getting that way just by doing what I thought was interesting. Netrunning with legendary Ping, legendary Contagion, decks that increase spread, crafted armor loaded with crafted Armadillo mods since most of the other mods don't work, and a Skippy that's permanently in headshot mode because I wanted the headshot bonus but then immediately put a Pax on it because my V was a pacifist... It was fun, but way too easy.

So for my second playthrough I thought I'd challenge myself with a cyberware-only playthrough. No guns or any other weapon that can be equipped in a weapon slot, no grenades, no consumables, and no armor. I'd just punch or stealth takedown everything until I was able to grab the legendary Monowire from the garage near Judy's, then eventually switch from that to Gorilla Arms, with the Projectile Launch System with tranq rounds an option if it ended up a bit too difficult. And to keep me alive, I'd rely on the buffs from Cold Blood, which I pretty much completely ignored in my first playthrough since I didn't really understand what exactly it did.

That idea didn't last through the first few missions.

It turns out that at low levels there's no way to regenerate health other than consumables, not everything can be stealthed, it's remarkably hard to punch your way through a gunfight, and running around naked when people are shooting at you just really isn't as fun as it might sound. I also ditched the idea of relying on monowire as my primary weapon after the second time I died from accidentally hitting an explosive canister. So I've eased up a bit and allowed myself to use consumables, and to wear clothes as long as I find them (or buy them, even though I haven't felt the need yet). But no equippable weapons of any kind, no grenades, and no crafting. I've been hacking a bit more than I'd like, but primarily with the intent of picking up a legendary Short Circuit from an access point to add a bit of damage to my attacks since I'm relying on secondhand clothes, subdermal armor, and the bonuses from Cold Blood to keep me alive long enough to take down all of the enemies. I've also been putting most of my skill points into Int, but just until I hit 16 to qualify for the legendary Limbic System Enhancement and Visual Cortex Support mods. After that, I'll focus on getting Body and Cool to 20. I don't see any reason to increase Ref or Tech above 3, so I'll likely eventually get Int up to 20 as well.

So far, so fun. I'm currently at level 17 with 34 SC, and the game definitely feels different this time around, at least when I'm not hacking. I kind of thought that once I got the legendary Short Circuit that I'd be able to rip through everything in my path, but I currently get shredded in City Center, Heywood, or Santo Domingo unless I can take enemies out one at a time with stealth. And I don't really remember feeling like I was too weak for an area in my first playthough, maybe because I was taking down everyone from a distance. Even so, I'm playing a lot more aggressively than in my first playthough, at least in Watson, Westwood, and Pacifica where I can pretty reliably ride the Cold Blood train through an entire group of gang members.

If you play an in your face melee build, enemy Ai seems to be more responsive and "tries" against you compared to if you play a long-range sniper hacker or stealth build.
Though I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I was killing corrupt militech in a blue ncdp hussle that there was an enemy sniper with a tech rifle that would actually targeting you through walls. Hmmm they do exist, though rarely.

On my 2nd play through, this time round I took my time to finish what I can before speaking to Dex to progress the story. It felt like a right place to park the story progression, as V is still V and took my sweet time.

Would b nice to have more access to the map though at that stage.

IMO the game could have benefited from a requirement, like hit a certain street cred rating before speaking to Dex. The flow felt better. If that makes sense.

The other thing is plan ur attributes and probably dont over do the dmg min/max thing since its a sp game. U want some challenge and b able to craft everything and break into secret rooms for loot or whatever.

Was speaking to a mate about this, u gota make ur own fun.

Enjoy!

Major Kusanagi
Weapons: Gorilla Arms/Pistol/SMGs.
Netrunning: Support only no lethal quickhacks.
Car: Quadra Turbo.

Also found out today theres actually a cyberware to make you invisible for a certain time...never found it ingame.

Guest 4520369

I'd explore the map, not just quest or poi icons, but everywhere. Try some parkour, ride the roller coaster, find hidden gems. Savor this masterpiece!

Turn off the mini-map, ignore fast travel terminals, and walk more than drive. Go!

That's how I'm playing my 2nd playthrough and it's been a blast so far. I ended my first playthrough doing the same thing and it really changes the nature of the game...for the better, IMHO.

Turn off the mini-map, ignore fast travel terminals, and walk more than drive. Go!

That's how I'm playing my 2nd playthrough and it's been a blast so far. I ended my first playthrough doing the same thing and it really changes the nature of the game...for the better, IMHO.

Walking more is key. Minimap will show Green NPCs which are interactable, like the drug dealers in JigJig street. Though I turning minimap off is good aswell i wont lie.

Pacifist run, try to beat the game killing no (or as few) enemies as possible.
Speed run, beat the main story ASAP.
Starting gear only run, beat hte game with only basic white starting gear, including weapons.

Don't know if this will work for everybody but for me its enjoyable as all hell.

Classic Resident Evil style

Very Hard/Professional

No points spent on attributes
No points spent on perks
No cyberware
No crafting
No hacking
Pistols only ( shotguns saved for groups. rifles/smg/revolvers saved for bosses )
Extremely light inventory ( capped at 20lbs because I feel that's realistic for somebody to carry around comfortably )
Handful of healing items allowed
Frag Flash and Incendiary grenades only
Knife only for CQB
No quicksaves/quickloads
Can only save the game in Vs apartment ( replacement for the safe rooms )

My V is a human being not Wonder Woman.​

Top Bottom