Give me more knives instead of a cooldown

+
For dagger dealers increasing the rarity yielding more knives to throw would be better the rarity tie in is good but Im not sure cooldowns are the right way to go about it

that or multiple levels of dagger dealer to throw more knives. another issue is that the re-equip animation for knives is a bit long.

Agreed. Its a shame you cant do kill chains or combos with them kunai-styled. Missed opportunity. There are literally three right there in the pic for the perk :cool: :

How-To-Use-Throwing-Knives-In-Cyberpunk.jpg

Last edited:
While i agree taht it would be cooler i think its because of balancing they did this. A CD is easier too balance so you dont just 1 shot everything. That said i havent tested out the knife toss at all so no experiance at all with it.

Just my opinion,
Maybe there is a misunderstanding about the goal of knives.
Knives are include in "Stealth" (Ninjutsu), their goal is to take down enemy discreetly from distance and not for killing many enemies in a row. For me, I currently have a legendary one (available at Japan Town) and it work great. Like guns with silencer, I eliminate the enemies one by one silently out of combat (so the "retrieve time" is not a problem).

I've had a ton of fun with daggers. I have cut arms off so many times. I wanna list a few experiences.

1. A assualt rifle character losing an arm now one handed holding a pistol.

2. There was a maelstrom character with a shotgun, and he was super slow with his shots and accuracy was bad too. I was looting his friends thinking he couldn't shoot, but sure enough he was firing shots every so often

3. Then there was this skav netrunner. I had fun following her around as she begged for mercy unable to attack me. It was so funny I gave her a nonlethal taste of her own medicine in the form of shortcircuit.

Just my opinion,
Maybe there is a misunderstanding about the goal of knives.
Knives are include in "Stealth" (Ninjutsu), their goal is to take down enemy discreetly from distance and not for killing many enemies in a row. For me, I currently have a legendary one (available at Japan Town) and it work great. Like guns with silencer, I eliminate the enemies one by one silently out of combat (so the "retrieve time" is not a problem).

I understand it perfectly but havin just a few more would permit combat usage and chain some deaths in stealth too.
Maybe the developers thought it was too op, I don't know.

I understand it perfectly but havin just a few more would permit combat usage and chain some deaths in stealth too.
Maybe the developers thought it was too op, I don't know.
Yeah, in combat (meaning vs many enemies), throwing knives is totally useless :(
And also agree, it could be damn OP :)

I've been enjoying a sneaky knife build. I use my most powerful 3 knives and switch between them 1, 2, 3 on my keyboard.
By the time I'm back to 1 - it's back in hand usually (or very quickly after switching, depending on how fast I toss em).

I'm hoping to find some other knives though... the regular throwing knives and the tanto are getting boring. And they don't change color either.

I tried out some of the other knives from melee vendors - such as cleaver and kitchen knife, but you can't throw those. Nor the tomahawk.

They should update it to include any knife type. Tomahawk would be cool to throw. Same for cleaver :D

I like to do a throw and slash combo. Your getting closer and closer to your opponent or maybe they are approaching you. You throw your knife, boom. If you hit their arm they may lose it. Then you go in close grabbing your knife from them to slice and dice.

Lacing your knife in poison like in skyrim would add an additional layer of fun for stealth knife playing

Top Bottom