Give us longer turn times (more time to make a decision)

+
Idk exactly how much seconds (I think it's 60) we have now but it's rly a small amount of time unless you play one of those simple decks that just jam cards always in the exact same order. Please give us longer turn times, at least by 10 or 15 seconds. Sometimes we are behind by a lot of points and actually have to do math to figure out how to reach and the game makes us make a mistake cuz not enough time to decide. :(

For me there is no better pleasure then to plan master moves but I need time to focus. xD Not enough time = losing when you could have won OR playing simple decks (with less orders and less effects over all) just to stay fast.

Update/edit:
There are cards that spawn random other cards, :/ I can't plan ahead for randomly generated cards.
A smart solution I would like implemented is to make those cards that spawn random (semi-random) cards give us bonus 5 seconds of turn time when used. :D

Oh, and also if I don't use my leader ability in time please don't randomly ping my stuff and waste my leader. :mad:

Last edited:
Personally I really dislike when I run into what I refer to as "thinkers" where I have to wait for so long each turn for them to make their move. The only times I feel like I could use a bit more time is on rare occasions when I'm forced into choosing between several really bad moves, or I'm playing some NR deck with massive amounts of order abilities.

Also, people sometimes use the waiting time to grief when they are losing, at times when they feel the classic disconnect just isn't enough.

All in all I'd vote nay.

Last edited:
[...].. I believe it around 90 secs actually, 60 secs before timer bar starts. There are a ton of people who use this to troll as is.. my suggestion to you is to learn your cards better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think making matches (potentially) even longer than they already are would be a good idea.

Adding 10 seconds to every turn would, at 32 cards played (16, or 10 + 3 + 3, for each player) and a full turn used every time, increase the duration of a match by 320 seconds = 5 minutes 20 seconds. Factor in drawing extra cards and the theoretical, additional time taken increases even further.

That is a lot.

Emphasis on the word 'theoretical', but matches can already be so long that adding even one minute could have an impact.

But there are cards that spawn random other cards, :/ I can't plan ahead for randomly generated cards.
A smart solution I would implement is to make those cards that spawn random (semi-random) cards give us bonus 5 seconds of turn time when used. :D

Yeah the time limit I think is good for mind games. Some call it griefing but using all of your allotted time is perfectly legal. This is a strategy game and mind games are apart of it.

A minimalistic UI choice - without any animations or useless fancy graphics - would make acting faster, thus saving time.
Just simple 2d, top-down view.
Turns themselves are long enough.

I vote no too.

I think The time is "ok". Ofc sometimes i need more time to do my moves, but problably my opponent sometimes needs to.

So If The OP lose some matches because He was lack of time, problably He won some matches because his opponent had no time too.

DRK3

Forum veteran
As the biggest advocate for the Battle Rush seasonal mode, you can probably guess my opinion on the subject...

I would rather have 8 seconds than 60 seconds turns. And yes, this is a very biased opinion, as there's very few players who have enough experience and memory to keep up with those conditions. So asking that for everyone would be unfair.

The other option i can see is include "average turn time" by player as one of the criteria in the matchmaking, that would make the experience so much better, but when the devs dont even implement simple improvements suggested by the users, i doubt they would bother with (i suspect is) more complex tasks like that :shrug:

For me the issue is not turn length, it is interface. (I play exclusively on an iPhone.) Normally, I play pretty quickly with no time issues. But every time I play a card that makes me choose between a big list of cards (e.g. Fisher King) it fails to register half my clicks. The other half have such a big lag that I‘ve usually clicked again (and turned it off) before it registers. And if I should click to see what a card does before making a selection, I am never sure which card I will ultimately get. Cards with orders are almost as bad. Turning orders off is very inconsistent and I frequently end up firing off unintended charges. There are certain decks I simply won’t play because the frustration is not worth it. More time would alleviate this problem, but at an unacceptable cost in match time. Fixing the interface has no disadvantages I can see.

I guess it would give me more time to draw, build Lego's or pay attention to the video I have playing in another window x)

Absolutely no. This game feels very long already as it is. 60s are more than enough.
The game takes about the right amount of time. But 60 seconds is not long enough per turn when 90% of the time is spent fighting the interface and waiting for animations. Fix the interface and you fix most of the time issues — as well as reducing average game time.

Top Bottom