Give Us Pets

+
Whoa there, choomba. I see you reaching for your keyboard after only reading the title. Just hear me out a moment.

We know that animals were pretty much wiped out through world pandemics. This is something we hear about in news broadcasts from very early in the game onward. Evidence of animals and pets does exist in the game.
  • Cats. I have personally seen three cats through the game so far- a hairless cat, however, so it makes me wonder if the cat is either 1. the same cat each time, or 2. a synthetic cat. What? Synthetic cat? Yes! There is a cybernetics magazine in the game that has a synthetic cat on the cover.
  • Dogs. The appearance of the animated showing of Officer Dobs and Mr. Puggles, an instructional video about safety in Night City, isn't a good argument for dogs existing in the world, because today, in real life, we have animated shows with dinosaurs as the main characters. However, npcs have talked about dogs existing. During the quest Woman of La Mancha, while searching for Anna Hamill, I overheard a conversation between three children about Officer Dobs where one of them asks 'why do they look weird' to which another replied 'because they're dogs' and mention someone having a dog that looks like Dobs. So this would imply that doberman exist, which would imply that there are dog breeders.
  • Birds. Bird flu was one of the viruses mentioned that took out a large swath of animals in the world, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. During the main story mission M’Ap Tann Pèlen, an npc is seen with a live chicken. To which V asks if he has a license to sell and distribute them, implying that there is legal and illegal trade of at least poultry in the world.
  • Reptiles. There is an iguana in the nomad life path mission. Sure, it's an extinct species, but there is implication that the reptile is going to be taken to someone who knows more about reptiles and is capable of breeding them. In the side mission Happy Together, you discover Barry had a tortoise. So clearly there are still reptile keepers in the world.
  • Fish. The only definitive evidence I have of fish is a conversation with Misty about a mini shark Jackie had once. It seems that all of the food containing fish flavored materials are just that, flavored with synthmeats. There are the holograms of koi in Japantown, so it's apparent people at least know what fish look like. It's possible fish are extremely rare or very expensive- more so than other pets. That would be interesting since fish are viewed as a low-cost, expendable pet in our current day and age, even though proper fish care can be quite time consuming and costly, and more than your common pet store fodder fish species can easily ramp up in price. I would find it extremely amusing if real fish were quite expensive to come by in Night City. Imagine an oscar worth more than your car.
  • Pet Licenses. While riding in elevators early in the game, I very clearly heard the television say something about a recent increase in pet license fees. There is strong implication during this news bulletin that in order to keep living pets, you have to pay for a license. I didn't get enough context from the bulletin to determine if this was a yearly fee or a one time fee. I'd imagine it would be yearly, much like pet deposits in apartments now days.
  • Synthetic Pets. As mentioned above, there is a cybernetics magazine about synthetic pets. There are also commercials on the television and radio advertising robo pets. There was one radio broadcast I heard about the first synthetic horse prototype.
V's apartment is dead inside. I don't really feel the need to go there at all. It's out of the way and there's nothing to do but sleep awkwardly on the bed, gawk at yourself in the mirror, stand in the shower with or without clothes, and sit on the couch watching nothing but news and commercials. While it would be nice to have a dog follow you around, I'd be perfectly fine with only having a pet in the apartment that you can feed, water, pet and play with. It's nice eye bleach for all of those heads you bust open and guts you spill on the pavement, but also give me a reason to return to the apartment at all. I'd even settle for a aquarium full of synthetic fish.

My suggestion is to allow us to acquire pets similarly to cars. Have contacts message you about both legal and illegal pets you can buy. Maybe Wakako knows someone who can connect you with show quality koi. Meredith Stout could hook you up with a robotic attack dog. So many possibilities.

So yeah, in the distant future, after all the major bugs are worked out, I would love to see dlc for some kind of pet system, either as companions or just fun stuff for you to do in your apartment. If anyone else has any ideas for pets they would like to see, I'd love to know!

Good idea! I also like pets, maybe CDPR can make a new job,setting a new skill tree which players learn more skills to strengthen the pets.

Cyber Trainer : someone can train cyber animals to fight.

G30M1

Forum regular
I get this, but like... with the mountain of things they promised us and didn't do, I don't ever see this happening.

You can get a cat at least:

Yeah, pet as a addition to my apartment would be cool. Not necessarily keen as having it as a companion. Im still heaving nightmares after Dogmeat, bumping in to me, running when I want to talk to him or just being plain stupid and by judging CP77 AI status that would be nightmare too. But yeah keeping a pet in apartment would be a really nice addition.

I think they could write in a simple pet, but not a real animal. You'd need too many animations for a real animal to work. Maybe, something that just sits there, more like an ornament in your apartment instead of an actual pet.
They can't have it where you need to feed it because that would add a lot of work. Nobody signed up to CyberPunk expecting to play a Tamagotchi :)

The only pet that I'm interested in is a drone that would fly around and kill people.
Fuck yes. I was hoping so hard to be able to hack drones to follow you around at least temporarily, but nope.

You can get a cat at least:
God fucking bless. I'll have to try this later after work.

Nobody signed up to CyberPunk expecting to play a Tamagotchi :)
You're right, you're right. I guess I just miss Chop from GTAV. lol

Guest 4406876

Pets....in Cyberpunk...
I understand it's a nice looking feature in other games and your good will...
But here I'm sorry..
No.

Pets....in Cyberpunk...
I understand it's a nice looking feature in other games and your good will...
But here I'm sorry..
No.
Don't look at pet in CP as cuddly companion, I would see it more of sign of prestige. As I understand pets are not something common in CP universe or at least in Night City. In Blade Runner was this one plot about replicant animals, that only the wealthiest can afford one. So its not something that doesn't fit in to genre, just needs right integration. Like electricbill said, let it be part of you apartment decor not a tamagotchi.

On one of the artwork prints I got with the game there is a hyena and I got excited thinking I'd see characters with rad pets that could attack or maybe just be in the background looking cool.
Guess it was just artwork.

Whoa there, choomba. I see you reaching for your keyboard after only reading the title. Just hear me out a moment.

We know that animals were pretty much wiped out through world pandemics. This is something we hear about in news broadcasts from very early in the game onward. Evidence of animals and pets does exist in the game.
  • Cats. I have personally seen three cats through the game so far- a hairless cat, however, so it makes me wonder if the cat is either 1. the same cat each time, or 2. a synthetic cat. What? Synthetic cat? Yes! There is a cybernetics magazine in the game that has a synthetic cat on the cover.
  • Dogs. The appearance of the animated showing of Officer Dobs and Mr. Puggles, an instructional video about safety in Night City, isn't a good argument for dogs existing in the world, because today, in real life, we have animated shows with dinosaurs as the main characters. However, npcs have talked about dogs existing. During the quest Woman of La Mancha, while searching for Anna Hamill, I overheard a conversation between three children about Officer Dobs where one of them asks 'why do they look weird' to which another replied 'because they're dogs' and mention someone having a dog that looks like Dobs. So this would imply that doberman exist, which would imply that there are dog breeders.
  • Birds. Bird flu was one of the viruses mentioned that took out a large swath of animals in the world, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. During the main story mission M’Ap Tann Pèlen, an npc is seen with a live chicken. To which V asks if he has a license to sell and distribute them, implying that there is legal and illegal trade of at least poultry in the world.
  • Reptiles. There is an iguana in the nomad life path mission. Sure, it's an extinct species, but there is implication that the reptile is going to be taken to someone who knows more about reptiles and is capable of breeding them. In the side mission Happy Together, you discover Barry had a tortoise. So clearly there are still reptile keepers in the world.
  • Fish. The only definitive evidence I have of fish is a conversation with Misty about a mini shark Jackie had once. It seems that all of the food containing fish flavored materials are just that, flavored with synthmeats. There are the holograms of koi in Japantown, so it's apparent people at least know what fish look like. It's possible fish are extremely rare or very expensive- more so than other pets. That would be interesting since fish are viewed as a low-cost, expendable pet in our current day and age, even though proper fish care can be quite time consuming and costly, and more than your common pet store fodder fish species can easily ramp up in price. I would find it extremely amusing if real fish were quite expensive to come by in Night City. Imagine an oscar worth more than your car.
  • Pet Licenses. While riding in elevators early in the game, I very clearly heard the television say something about a recent increase in pet license fees. There is strong implication during this news bulletin that in order to keep living pets, you have to pay for a license. I didn't get enough context from the bulletin to determine if this was a yearly fee or a one time fee. I'd imagine it would be yearly, much like pet deposits in apartments now days.
  • Synthetic Pets. As mentioned above, there is a cybernetics magazine about synthetic pets. There are also commercials on the television and radio advertising robo pets. There was one radio broadcast I heard about the first synthetic horse prototype.
V's apartment is dead inside. I don't really feel the need to go there at all. It's out of the way and there's nothing to do but sleep awkwardly on the bed, gawk at yourself in the mirror, stand in the shower with or without clothes, and sit on the couch watching nothing but news and commercials. While it would be nice to have a dog follow you around, I'd be perfectly fine with only having a pet in the apartment that you can feed, water, pet and play with. It's nice eye bleach for all of those heads you bust open and guts you spill on the pavement, but also give me a reason to return to the apartment at all. I'd even settle for a aquarium full of synthetic fish.

My suggestion is to allow us to acquire pets similarly to cars. Have contacts message you about both legal and illegal pets you can buy. Maybe Wakako knows someone who can connect you with show quality koi. Meredith Stout could hook you up with a robotic attack dog. So many possibilities.

So yeah, in the distant future, after all the major bugs are worked out, I would love to see dlc for some kind of pet system, either as companions or just fun stuff for you to do in your apartment. If anyone else has any ideas for pets they would like to see, I'd love to know!
I can see maybe at home pets like fish or a hamster or cat or dog for the apartment but I don't think I could see having one that follows you around. I just feel like this makes no sense in the game. Now they do mention that all living creatures besides cockroaches have all left the city so not sure if we will ever see pets.

Your pet is Johnny and you are his pet.
They need to improve and create a mechanism that depends of your relationship with him.

Don't look at pet in CP as cuddly companion, I would see it more of sign of prestige.
Exactly! I refer back to my op:

Both of these broadcasts really made me feel like having a pet was about the prestige. Wealthy and formidable people in NC would of course get a pet because it's the best way to swing their di- wallet around! What else is a wealthy merch to do!?

For now I reserve myself to buying all of the cars in the game. :cry:

Top Bottom