Give us some more new big value contracts please!

+
Getting reward points is so slow! It seems impossible to get nearly enough to finish all factions and kings etc. It just seems impossible. I just got a nice little title for getting to XP level 60 for the first time, wow, thanks alot.. I'd much rather have 10 reward points.

Ooh yea, and I finished several difficult contracts, and guess what, 1 reward point. Wow..

I know you need to and want to make money, but being that cheap on reward points? Even if I got 100 reward points instantly, this would not even cover alot of ground, or give me alot of gold or kegs or anything. I'm a new post-beta player, and I really look at the reward points with dread and a feeling "it will not be possible". How about the completionists who have bought tons of kegs etc, will they never have a chance to unlock all their reward books?

I have enough cards and I can get those I want, but the reward points system feels so unrewardingly slow and impossible. I can't even consider partaking in the "season of love" or "dandelion" at all, as it seems it will take forever for me just to finish 1 faction which I am focusing on. After that I'm guessing there might be enough reward points left to get another faction "reward" book half done, and that's it. Then there will not be any more reward points, even if I specifically grind for them by doing some contracts that do not fit my gameplay.

I play another great game, and in that game they give out their most valuable resource (a little) every wednesday, saturday and sunday, simply for logging in and playing. It rewards people who frequent the game. Daily challenges for 40 ore? Bwah.. How about some more contracts instead? Some more large contracts? The largest I have active are 10 reward points, 4 or 5 of them, and I'm still a bit away from reaching it, and tbh, 50 reward points is not that much. I'll be able to open half of one of my leaders reward book.

I'm sorry, it's perhaps stupid to even mention it, and I might be wrong, but it takes longer and longer now to get less and less reward points, and it's somewhat frustrating, especially knowing I might not even be able to "complete" a single faction reward books.

Lexor

Forum veteran
I play another great game, and in that game they give out their most valuable resource (a little) every wednesday, saturday and sunday, simply for logging in and playing. It rewards people who frequent the game. Daily challenges for 40 ore? Bwah.. How about some more contracts instead? Some more large contracts? The largest I have active are 10 reward points, 4 or 5 of them, and I'm still a bit away from reaching it, and tbh, 50 reward points is not that much. I'll be able to open half of one of my leaders reward book.

In Gwent you can get up to 6 RP (more realistic value is probably 2 RP or 4 RP) on every day, just by playing the game, so?

I know, I get the reward points for levelling up. Probably more than 6RP on some days.

I still feel that it looks impossible to make any real progress on the reward books, and that it will be impossible to get several factions "special faction kegs" and premium kegs.

To clarify, I only really play Northern Realm and I'm sure I will have the full deck and most neutrals not too long from now. But beyond that I think it will be impossible for me to do the same with the other factions. Maybe I will be able to play 1 other faction.

Even if I bought tons of kegs, it would not help on that issue. Still need to unlock faction kegs, premium kegs and leaders, which might not even be possible.
Post automatically merged:

I know, I'm probably overall wrong. Afterall, it is a card collection game, and you are NOT suppose to be able to collect them all so easily or fast. But despite that, I don't think 50 reward points is alot or makes a huge difference, especially since the kegs are random. It will barely make a dent in your card collection.

I like that it is suppose to take a long time to get a great card collection (especially for all factions), but is it suppose to feel like an impossible task and a mathematical impossibility?

As a newbie, I'm probably just worrying about nothing, but..

Is there a mathematical possibility to open all reward books? And how many years would it take? An answer of 5 years is perfectly fine. But let's say 20-30 years, ehh, not so fine?

Last edited:
These rewards I mentioned are not for leveling, but for winning rounds (not even matches, just rounds).

I think that depends on the prestige level, no?

I actually agree but maybe that's the point? I think CDPR expects players to play the game for a loooooong time.

Well, I sure hope so.. It would be interesting to know the maths behind it though, because I doubt I'll play 30 years of Gwent.

Also, about the seasons, are they going to be playable after-season? Because if I have to do seasonal reward books, I'll just never have reward points for any other book.

I like the collection part of the game, I fully understand it, and would hope it is not easy for ANYONE to get a very full collection very fast. I'm just a bit sceptical about the math in regards to reward points and reward books. It's not like reward books give you all the cards either. Even if you opened all, it would not guarantee you a great collection, due to the randomness factor.

Actually, tbh, I don't care so much about getting ore and kegs from doing arena. That's a pretty boring reward. I think it would be much more interesting to get reward points for winning the 9 rounds (not that I did accomplish that yet).

I actually first thought Arena would give something important as a price, like reward points, but to my disappointment it did not.

I'm not really too thrilled about the prices of the arena.

Last edited:

Lexor

Forum veteran
I think that depends on the prestige level, no?

No?

First 6 won rounds/day = +2RP
Next 12 won rounds/day = +2RP
Next 24 won rounds/day = +1RP
Next (another) 24 won rounds/day = +1RP

So you can get +6RP max every day.

Alright, so gaining more perspective on this issue, I still mostly agree with my main point here about reward points and reward books. But there is a balance issue in the whole game in regards to building decks. Clearing the reward books, you don't get enough reward points, and for completionists, that's not very cool.

The reward books don't let you complete your collection or greatly enhance it. It should be easier to do the reward books. On the other hand, kegs are probably too cheap in "ore", and it's way to easy to build a card collection with scraps. Or perhaps kegs are ok priced for what you get "randoms", or in the end scraps.

But scraps is the whole issue as oppose to reward books. It's too expensive and difficult to do reward books compared to the reward points you get, but it's way too cheap to craft cards with scraps! And this is probably the reason that reward points are so slow in the first place, otherwise you would get too many scraps and be able to build the collection too fast!

I was thinking about this when looking over a post where someone complained about "thronebreaker" cards costing 3200 scraps. But really, I'm quite new, I'm not that good, but yet I've built alot of good cards with scraps. Probably way too many, way too easy and way too fast. On the other hand, I find it impossible to partake in seasonal reward books, as there is just not enough reward points. So, not enough reward points, but scraps buy you way more than they should!

It's not even a struggle to get a good collection with scraps. I'm on my way to finish Northern Realms, and most of it is based on scraps. Not Reward books, kegs, or NR kegs.

800 is way too cheap for the best cards, 200 is also too cheap most likely. Not saying gold cards should all cost 3200, but prices for gold cards between 800 to 3200 for gold cards is not unreasonable. It should be a struggle to build a collection with scraps, no? 200 is just not alot, and you can get most of those cards with the kegs anyways, and if you ever need to craft one, well, 200 is just very cheap. But why make reward points so slow?

I think there is an imbalance in all of this. Reward books should be fun and viable. And it would be fully possible to give out more reward points, if building collections from scraps were alot more expensive. Maybe there would also be an issue with transmuting becoming too cheap if it's easier to solve reward books. Currently, powder is not really getting you alot. But perhaps the powder rewards in reward books should simply be less than it is.

I'm currently working mostly on Northern Realms and Nilfgaard. Let's say some of those best cards cost 3200 scraps. That's not unreasonable at all. Or let's say they all had different prices, ranging from 800-3200. That wouldn't be unreasonable.

"I feel" vs math
btw idk if people whining that TB cards re 3200 know, that purchasing TB gives you instantly all of TB gwent cards... You don't even need to play TB...

Well, my main point was that I think all cards are too cheap to craft with scraps.

I think that must be the argument for making reward books so difficult. Mathematically yes, I'm not exactly sure, so I ask. But mathematically if I have to do all the seasonal reward books, how many points will I have left to open anything else in any other reward book? Let's say for a casual player, a frequent player and a very eager player.. Not sure about the math, but my feel is that it's not viable.

I think they should raise the prices for crafting cards with scraps. Even without good progress on reward books, I still got alot of scraps relative to the price of crafting cards. This leads me to think that crafting a compete collection will be way too easy, through scraps. And I don't think it should be easy at all, I think it should be very difficult.

I'm just mentioning thronebreaker since the price to craft those cards is 3200, which is a good example of how expensive it should be to craft some of the best gold cards too.

ah so you want to play a grind game with online mode only
oh well ok
but at least you can delete your scraps to make it more difficult for you :)

Not really no. Have you also not gotten too many powerful cards too easily with scraps? Or am I alone in this?

so I'm not supposed to but Beta players are, hmm ok.
For the sake of some prioritizing, I should abuse one kind of deck (MO) and I'm doomed not to try other decks I want (experiments) - ever... yeeeaaaa

so I'm not supposed to but Beta players are, hmm ok.
For the sake of some prioritizing, I should abuse one kind of deck (MO) and I'm doomed not to try other decks I want (experiments) - ever... yeeeaaaa

Pfff. you get all the base cards of the other factions in free kegs anyways. And sometimes gold cards as well. Whatever you need to add to that shouldn't be so cheap that you can just add things without consideration.

(expanding amount of cards will slow your sonic-progress down, duuuuh....)
So I guess you have a magic wand that instantly crafts you everything you want., without consideration. Other people can't use such a sorcery and must prioritize, pick and choose, because we can't craft everything we want to experiment with.

For instance, I prioritized some decks and now have about 70% of cards and still there are plenty I wish I could try but gotta go grind, bb.

Top Bottom