Giving V a Kiddy Car Seat for 1st Person Driving: A How To Feat. - BFPP Mod (Hotkey UPDATE)

+
So if you're not aware, the current 1st person camera has it's issues, for driving especially:

Here I present a solution based on the BFPP mod. Why not FPP Height Increase? Because camera offsetting causes issues when aiming down sights, and as far as I'm aware, FPP Height Increase does not check for weapons being drawn. BFPP offers a run and forget solution, however BFPP by default turns itself off in vehicle so my solution is to harness this check in the script to increase camera height. Why not simply delete the code block? Because due to some quirk in the game, negative height offsets will increase on foot camera height but decrease in vehicle camera height. So without further ado here are the steps:

UPDATE: now with HotKeys!

1. Download and install the BFPP mod
2.Go into the init.lua of said mod with text editor of choice and:
Add this somewhere at the top set and the default offset values of your choice:​
Code:
vechForward = 0.0 --change this for forward offset
vechHeight = 0.0 --change this for default height (positive value for up)

replace --Is in vehicle block and --is holding weapon with this code in this order:​
Code:
    -- Is holding weapon
    if self.transaction:GetItemInSlot(self.player, TweakDBID.new('AttachmentSlots.WeaponRight')) ~= nil then
        self.shouldBeModified = false
        return
    end

-- Is in vehicle
    if Game.GetWorkspotSystem():IsActorInWorkspot(self.player) then
        --self.shouldBeModified = false
        if self.isInVehicle == false then
            self:setFPPFront(vechHeight, vechForward)
            self.isInVehicle = true
        end
        return
    elseif self.isInVehicle then
        self:setModified()
        self.isInVehicle = false
    end
    self.shouldBeModified = true
end

Add this to the bottom​
Code:
registerHotkey("VechCam1", "VehicleCam Height+", function()
    vechHeight = (vechHeight + 0.005)
    if Game.GetWorkspotSystem():IsActorInWorkspot(Game.GetPlayer()) then
        Game.GetPlayer():GetFPPCameraComponent():SetLocalPosition(Vector4.new(0.00, vechForward, vechHeight, 1.0))
    end
end)

registerHotkey("VechCam2", "VehicleCam Height-", function()
    vechHeight = (vechHeight - 0.005)
        Game.GetPlayer():GetFPPCameraComponent():SetLocalPosition(Vector4.new(0.00, vechForward, vechHeight, 1.0))
    end
end)

registerHotkey("VechCam3", "VehicleCam Foward+", function()
    vechForward = (vechForward + 0.005)
    end
end)

registerHotkey("VechCam4", "VehicleCam Foward-", function()
    vechForward = (vechForward - 0.005)
    end
end)

registerHotkey("VechCam0F", "VehicleCam Foward 0", function()
    vechForward = 0.0
    end
end)

registerHotkey("VechCam0H", "VehicleCam Height 0", function()
    vechHeight = 0.0
    end
end)

3. Start the game and go into CyberEngine Tweaks and bind hotkeys (don't forget to hit save)
4. Play/Test
6.Profit

There are six hotkeys with 2 for setting height and forward offset to 0. the increments are 0.005. Also note changes via hotkeys don't save between sessions

Here are some examples with the mod's default offset value of 0.08 but sign flipped:
CaliburnDefault.jpg
HellaDefault.jpg
Caliburn0.8offset.jpg
Hella0.8Offset.jpg

That Caliburn though, evidently it wasn't designed with on road operability/safety in mind lol. Might want to bump the height just a touch.
Now you can see over the dashboard properly, have fun driving chooms:cool:

PS: CDPR please fix this already or just let me jack into the car ghost in the shell style. The camera offset doesn't change the pivot location so this is only a band-aid solution. Also think of the kids on console.

Credits go to the mod makers and the developer of the 3rd person cam mod especially for discovering the offset tricks

Last edited:
I just realised that this might affect aiming in cars so to prevent issues move:
Code:
-- Is holding weapon

if self.transaction:GetItemInSlot(self.player, TweakDBID.new('AttachmentSlots.WeaponRight')) ~= nil then

return

end
above "-- Is in vehicle" so it should look like this
Code:
    -- Is holding weapon
        return
    end

-- Is in vehicle
    if Game.GetWorkspotSystem():IsActorInWorkspot(self.player) then
        --self.shouldBeModified = false
        if self.isInVehicle == false then
            self:setFPPFront(-desiredHeight, desiredForward)
            self.isInVehicle = true
        end  
        return
    elseif self.isInVehicle then
        self:setModified()
        self.isInVehicle = false
    end

Originally this was slightly annoying, made me feel like an old granny at the wheel, glad to see a workaround, good job!

Ironically driving the little old lady car feels fine even without this fix

Made an interesting discovery (well no one told me anyway). My initial impression of negative height offsets working opposite on foot is technically not true. setting a negative offset does indeed allow you to see more of your body (looking from higher up), but if you were to watch your crosshair, when draw and holster your weapon, you'll notice a physical height increase with weapons out. so i think there's a bug in the game currently in the way it draws the players body based on camera the position. might be a sign error.
Post automatically merged:

Updated the code added hotkeys

Last edited:
Top Bottom