Glimpse Of Luna - The Chess of Card Games

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Recently I stumbled upon a card game called "Glimpse Of Luna". I got to know about that game through TheaBeasty. She is actually a card in that game and she herself had written the story behind that card which makes it her first official publication :eek:. You can look at the card here.

I was intrigued and tried that game and I have to say that it is a great game with great potential. The game has little to no RNG and is completely skill based (at least till now, with card draws being the only RNG factor). It has amazing strategic and tactical aspect to it. And just like chess, where the enemy can have a Queen or multiple pieces ahead, you can still win with a checkmate with a pawn, here too, you can sacrifice stronger pieces to get a tactical advantage which will get you the win.

What I like about the game:
  • You always draw your most powerful cards (the Hero and the Guardian)
  • You can draw your first 5 cards. You want to draw all three of your epics? Then sure, you can draw them. But just like chess, if you bring all your strong pieces like Queen or Rook out in the beginning, it will be threatened and you will eventually lose (premature attack). So, you have to draw the pieces based on the opponent and your coin and your deck.
  • Absolutely no RNG in game play. The pieces move where you want to move. The pieces attack where you want to attack. You always have control of how and where your pieces will behave.
  • Even in crafting the cards, there is no RNG. There is no kegs where you will get random cards. You craft the cards you want by the in-game currency.
So, if you are into card games and/or chess like tactical/strategic game, please download and install the game and give it a try. You can read about the game here: https://www.glimpse-luna.com/about-the-game. It is not in steam or any gaming platform, so you will have to download and install a a stand alone game in your PC or Mac.

Important NOTES:
  • The community is very helpful and friendly, but it is really small. There are not many active players and getting a match can be tricky if you are not in Europe timezone. So, please join the GoL discord server and message there before you want to play a game. If you message there, you will get a game sooner.
  • You will get one faction for free and getting a deck from another faction will take a lot of time (or you can always buy it). If you want to craft and use Thea's card, you should get Nordur faction as the first one.

This sounds interesting. I'm always looking for new card games. It's getting increasingly hard to find the time to play RTS, not to mention the grand strategy games of Paradox. I will give it a try.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Thanks for that, I dont play in Twitter space so missed that:) Glad she is OK, hope she is up and back soon, we miss her.

Top Bottom