Glitch Philosophy 1.52

+

XianeX

Forum regular
Personally, depending on the glitch, I like them in games. Truth be told, I think that some of the cool ones that have either been caught on videos or talked about here have been patched up. Recently, I noticed that the Police near the monorail that spawn not too far from the Biotechnica Skyscraper sign has been patched with a gate. (A lot better than the invisible walls). However, the question is, "Why patch that out?" It's not technically a "bug", and it's just weird. The only way it would be found is in DEEP exploration. Most players will never think to find and/or look for it. Some of the stuff that's off of the story path is interesting and serves as points of interest for the more nerdy explorers of the system. Realistically, I've kept some of the more interesting places unwritten about just because I've noticed the trend of trying to remove anything that isn't "orthodox" in the intended areas of play in the game. Obviously, there's a lot of stuff in the game that I still find and I'm debating on my 5th playthrough because I'm always in awe of what I missed the first 4 times LMFAO!

It's not like what i'm saying is going to make anyone reevaluate the innocuous glitches as useful 'novelties'. It's just something that I think that the devs should consider.

Personally, depending on the glitch, I like them in games. Truth be told, I think that some of the cool ones that have either been caught on videos or talked about here have been patched up. Recently, I noticed that the Police near the monorail that spawn not too far from the Biotechnica Skyscraper sign has been patched with a gate. (A lot better than the invisible walls). However, the question is, "Why patch that out?" It's not technically a "bug", and it's just weird. The only way it would be found is in DEEP exploration. Most players will never think to find and/or look for it. Some of the stuff that's off of the story path is interesting and serves as points of interest for the more nerdy explorers of the system. Realistically, I've kept some of the more interesting places unwritten about just because I've noticed the trend of trying to remove anything that isn't "orthodox" in the intended areas of play in the game. Obviously, there's a lot of stuff in the game that I still find and I'm debating on my 5th playthrough because I'm always in awe of what I missed the first 4 times LMFAO!

It's not like what i'm saying is going to make anyone reevaluate the innocuous glitches as useful 'novelties'. It's just something that I think that the devs should consider.
I suppose that the Devs who work on the map, still continuing to worlk on the map (which are not those who fix the "bugs"). There are plenty of little details which are corrected, modified along the updates all around the map :)

XianeX

Forum regular
suppose that the Devs who work on the map, still continuing to worlk on the map (which are not those who fix the "bugs"). There are plenty of little details which are corrected, modified along the updates all around the map :)
Yeah, I've noticed a significant number of changes. I'm pretty sure a lot of the stuff that looks like prefab placeholders are going to be updated and patched at some point. A lot of what I've been studying between the previous versions and the new is what is potentially the unspoken road map of development in the system. Particularly that they may do another overhaul like what was done between 1.3 & 1.52. With all that's added and improved, I still have the feeling that we're still in the early stages of what will be called the "Finished" system. Maybe 2 more years of development generously speaking. It's an extremely Ambitious system, and I'm still tempted to play with the mod kit and snoop more of the details of the game. It's been difficult resisting the temptation.

Developer sensibilities! The fear is that I end up modding the system for personal purposes and end up with my own treatment of the game. I've been evading my proclivity of turning the game into a software development adventure. I have too many projects that I'm already working on.

Top Bottom