Glitched post-romance River

+
Why is the glitched post-romance River, not something that is being fixed? I completely understand the concept of triage and that higher priority items need attention, but I don't see how River not being able to communicate is not a big deal? Other threads have talked about the lack of development in his romance storyline, so I have no interest in rehashing that, but the fact that you can't even have a proper conversation with him, after you sleep together, is a bit crazy.

Everything about that trailer area is just messed up:
  • Joss may or may not be leaning on an imaginary wall, next to the generator
  • River is shin-deep in the front steps (then sits properly, when you get close) and eventually will not talk to you or answer your phone calls
  • The kids are eerily standing in their bedroom, with the lower half of their bodies stuck inside their beds and cannot be talked to

To be honest, I had zero interest in River, beyond completing the arc, but it's like the narrative equivalent of an un-cauterized amputation. How is this not even considered even a little deal?

Is it possible to make this its own topic?

I completely understand the concept of triage and that higher priority items need attention, but I don't see how River not being able to communicate is not a big deal?
If i'm right, for now, CDPR patch/fix in priority the bugs/problems who can block player progress (like Judy tp under the ground, Takemura stock in docks,...) and on "optimization" (and others little things, like crafting cost, items icons,...). But i'm sur, this problem will be solve in a futur patch (not in a Hotfix), maybe in 1.3 (Obviously, it's impossible to stay like that).

cergyn

Forum regular
If i'm right, for now, CDPR patch/fix in priority the bugs/problems who can block player progress (like Judy tp under the ground, Takemura stock in docks,...) and on "optimization" (and others little things, like crafting cost, items icons,...). But i'm sur, this problem will be solve in a futur patch (not in a Hotfix), maybe in 1.3 (Obviously, it's impossible to stay like that).
Right sure. From 1.2 notes
  • Panam now properly says her final dialogue line in All Along the Watchtower.
  • Fixed an issue where Panam was not holding whiskey bottle correctly while raising a toast in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed overlapping dialogue between V and Panam in Life During Wartime.
They just don't care about River/ Kerry content. Like with Kerry break up is the worst cinematic dialogue in the game.

Right sure. From 1.2 notes
  • Panam now properly says her final dialogue line in All Along the Watchtower.
  • Fixed an issue where Panam was not holding whiskey bottle correctly while raising a toast in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed overlapping dialogue between V and Panam in Life During Wartime.
They just don't care about River/ Kerry content. Like with Kerry break up is the worst cinematic dialogue in the game.
Seriously, i don't think CPDR don't care about River/Kerry (Kerry quest line is pretty clean. No major bugs).
They certainly had to choose what to fix first (and that was Panam). But I have no doubt that they will for others (including River) ;)

To say that CDPR does not care Kerry/River because it is not corrected in 1.2 is to draw conclusions a bit quickly in my opinion :(

Top Bottom