Glitched textures

+
Good morning guys :)

I've bought CP on 2nd January and the game has always been pretty smooth (except for all the bug we know).
Anyway, suddenly, since yesterday I've started noticing some glitching textures (see attached screenshots), the first time it happened I didn't care too much and continued playing until my PC crashed. At first I thought it was a GPU overheating issue so I've kept monitoring my 1660 Super for a while and all seems good even when textures start glitching. It seems that the glithes start at a random moment during the gaming session. What looks so strange is why they are glitching now? I mean... if it's another game bug I sholud've seen it since the first day. Can you help me figure out what's the cause of this glithc please?

20210118214407_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210118214417_1.jpg
    20210118214417_1.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210118214426_1.jpg
    20210118214426_1.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 55
This seems to be an issue with faces on a mesh not loading, if you fall through its because the face isn't active or to be more accurate no Collison, if you still walk on it this means the mesh data is loaded however the textures aren't, One of 3 things can cause this, in-game data streams hitting conflicts on loading, back-face culling being reversed/inverted, or material name data not being identified when requested in scene, But that's a few common issues I've come across for games / engines however I'm unsure what pipeline Red engine used so it may be something totally different, shrugs. 🤷‍♂️

This seems to be an issue with faces on a mesh not loading, if you fall through its because the face isn't active or to be more accurate no Collison, if you still walk on it this means the mesh data is loaded however the textures aren't, One of 3 things can cause this, in-game data streams hitting conflicts on loading, back-face culling being reversed/inverted, or material name data not being identified when requested in scene, But that's a few common issues I've come across for games / engines however I'm unsure what pipeline Red engine used so it may be something totally different, shrugs. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for you reply. Tbh if I walk into the glitched surface I don't fall, the collision is still loaded, the only thing missing is the texture itself :)

Top Bottom