Global release timings

+
thank you for you fast reply. Cool! One more question. I plan to try it from my home theater game pc. But would like to put it also on my game PC to a monitor in the office just in case that doesn't work well on the 4k 65". Is that okay to do and how best to do it?

You can either re-download the game or copy the local files from one PC to another.

Thank you for your quick reply! Cool! One more question if you will.
I plan to install it to my game pc in my 65" 4k home theater here in the garage. Valhala is running beautifully at 3840 out here. But in case that isnt optimal, want to also install it to my game PC in the office in the house. Can I do that and how best to do that?
Post automatically merged:

Thank you so very much. What a big help you are!

Do I download it to my boot downloads and then install it to my SSD game drive? Or does it dl and install to whatever I choose?

When you initiate the download (on PC via GOG) it asks you for the destination to install.

Guest 4406876

Just a question...why don't they use UTC instead of all this Gmt + whatever confusing people.

Guest 4406876

Just curious: How is UTC less confusing than GMT? They've always seemed pretty interchangeable to me.
If you write UTC 22:00 with no +s it's gonna be that time for everyone, just go and check UTC time, that's the same time for everyone in the world. People would just google it and boom. Releasing a game at midnight saying 9 or 10 is already confusing by itself. UTC is the global time that's the same for everyone. If you got for GMT+6 on the 10 because it's midnight release but "OH wait it's gonna be GMT -5 of the 9 here" and so on it's overly complicated. We have UTC for exactly this kind of matters, and nobody uses it. (oh and yes UTC corresponds to GMT+0, but when you search for it, it's gonna give you the same time from anywhere in the world without doing the math in your brain yourself to figure it out). Plus there's always been a debate if midnight is the day after or before in the moment it ticks (besides for those that have been in the military which is the day after period), it's a shitty time to release a game XD if they didn't publish the map on the forums people would be still asking if it's gonna be the 11 or the 10 or the 9 for them. Still some people didn't see the map and are confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

The wait is almost over!

If you're looking to play Cyberpunk 2077 as soon as it's available, here's a map with global release timings.

For PC and Stadia players, the release is simultaneous and scheduled for midnight GMT, and for all console players – midnight local time.

How come console players get to play it from midnight tonight and since im pc i have to wait until 11am AEDT tomorrow to play?

How come console players get to play it from midnight tonight and since im pc i have to wait until 11am AEDT tomorrow to play?
im in the same boat mate still got no answer yet tho :/

Really to be honest its a kick in the ass for australian players on pc console has access @ 12 midnight tonight yet we have to wait another 11 hours after them truly wtf for poeple on pc

Last edited:
If you write UTC 22:00 with no +s it's gonna be that time for everyone, just go and check UTC time, that's the same time for everyone in the world. People would just google it and boom. Releasing a game at midnight saying 9 or 10 is already confusing by itself. UTC is the global time that's the same for everyone. If you got for GMT+6 on the 10 because it's midnight release but "OH wait it's gonna be GMT -5 of the 9 here" and so on it's overly complicated. We have UTC for exactly this kind of matters, and nobody uses it. (oh and yes UTC corresponds to GMT+0, but when you search for it, it's gonna give you the same time from anywhere in the world without doing the math in your brain yourself to figure it out). Plus there's always been a debate if midnight is the day after or before in the moment it ticks (besides for those that have been in the military which is the day after period), it's a shitty time to release a game XD if they didn't publish the map on the forums people would be still asking if it's gonna be the 11 or the 10 or the 9 for them. Still some people didn't see the map and are confused.

You forgot, "Asking for a friend." :p

I hope they release the day 1 patch soon for pc users. Would like to actually play the game in 12h and not wait for the patch to download before.

It is really disappointing that you have all this setup - which I totally respect - and yet you give early access to some people. You are going back to your words.

So....Living in South Africa.

We need to download a patch that's HOW BIG before we can launch the game tomorrow?

Guest 4318427

So....Living in South Africa.

We need to download a patch that's HOW BIG before we can launch the game tomorrow?

I'm also from SA. On which platform are you?

I had a 15 GB update yesterday on XBox One X. Also, set your location to New Zealand and you will be able to play now. Confirmed working.

The patch will be automatically downloaded on the release day when you launch the game.
Thank you for the info, but for a patch that's more than a few GB in size (I'm on PC, by the way), simply launching the game and waiting for the patch to download and install may not be optimal -- especially considering that not all of us have the fastest of download speeds. I'm capped at 10 megabits/sec on the download, and at top speed it downloads about 4GB per hour, but I do need to use part of that bandwidth for other purposes. So having to wait a couple of hours or more after I press "play" would likely have me gone and busy with other stuff by the time the game has actually launched.

I hope it will be possible to simply verify/repair the game files and the patch will be downloaded by doing so, and then afterward when it's all nice and patched, I can launch whenever I have the time available to play -- or will that not work?

Last edited:
Thank you for the info, but for a patch that's more than a few GB in size (I'm on PC, by the way), simply launching the game and waiting for the patch to download and install may not be optimal -- especially considering that not all of us have the fastest of download speeds. I'm capped at 10 megabits/sec on the download, and at top speed it downloads about 7GB per hour, but I do need to use part of that bandwidth for other purposes. So having to wait a couple of hours or more after I press "play" would likely have me gone and busy with other stuff by the time the game has actually launched.

I hope it will be possible to simply verify/repair the game files and the patch will be downloaded by doing so, and then afterward when it's all nice and patched, I can launch whenever I have the time available to play -- or will that not work?

I've heard that the patch has already been downloaded for some console users. You can also try force-check for an update.

Top Bottom