Global release timings

+
I'm also from SA. On which platform are you?

I had a 15 GB update yesterday on XBox One X. Also, set your location to New Zealand and you will be able to play now. Confirmed working.
Well. I made a purchase on GOG in June 2019.

Have the physical copy pre-ordered from BTGames in June 2019 for the PS4. So picking that up tomorrow morning.

But I'm still wondering about the GOG launch. That's my priority. Not the console versions.

The wait is almost over!

If you're looking to play Cyberpunk 2077 as soon as it's available, here's a map with global release timings.

For PC and Stadia players, the release is simultaneous and scheduled for midnight GMT, and for all console players – midnight local time.

How do you play the game on Nvidia Geforce Now on release day? I have the GOG version not Steam.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

The wait is almost over!

If you're looking to play Cyberpunk 2077 as soon as it's available, here's a map with global release timings.

For PC and Stadia players, the release is simultaneous and scheduled for midnight GMT, and for all console players – midnight local time.

By any chance, do you know what time it will show available on GFN?

Well, a little while ago I restarted the computer to install a Windows update, and after restart my client (Gog Galaxy 2.0 beta) started downloading an update to the game -- it's 9.7 GB in size. I don't know about the Steam version, but if they are the same for all PC store versions, that's the size of the patch.

Six and a half hours till hour zero (at the moment, the time is around 17:30 UTC).

FYI, if you don't notice, yet, I'm downloading patch now! PC/GOG in UK - 42GB! quite beefy.
!
newnwew.jpg

Last edited:

The wait is almost over!

What time does it translates to for Pakistani Gamers ?

If you write UTC 22:00 with no +s it's gonna be that time for everyone, just go and check UTC time, that's the same time for everyone in the world. People would just google it and boom. Releasing a game at midnight saying 9 or 10 is already confusing by itself. UTC is the global time that's the same for everyone. If you got for GMT+6 on the 10 because it's midnight release but "OH wait it's gonna be GMT -5 of the 9 here" and so on it's overly complicated. We have UTC for exactly this kind of matters, and nobody uses it. (oh and yes UTC corresponds to GMT+0, but when you search for it, it's gonna give you the same time from anywhere in the world without doing the math in your brain yourself to figure it out). Plus there's always been a debate if midnight is the day after or before in the moment it ticks (besides for those that have been in the military which is the day after period), it's a shitty time to release a game XD if they didn't publish the map on the forums people would be still asking if it's gonna be the 11 or the 10 or the 9 for them. Still some people didn't see the map and are confused.
So the real problem isn't that the announcement is in GMT vs UTC, it's that most of the world follow their own timezones instead of using UTC? For me, it doesn't matter if they give the time in GMT or UTC because either way, I'm plugging it into a tool to find out when it is in my timezone.

UTC seems like it makes a lot of sense but it would require a pretty drastic shift in thinking for most of the planet before it's very practical.

chad grug

Attachments

• 2706c5172f5dcb9018ae286128cea37ee1720facb2d1b6d470e02fe97139badd_1.jpg
    2706c5172f5dcb9018ae286128cea37ee1720facb2d1b6d470e02fe97139badd_1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 62
Hilarious stuff in there in the posts.
In other news: My ISP "rain" is being a fking asshole and throttling my download.
F U very much rain. It's 12:34 AM here in ZA and this download should have been done already.

Well, a little while ago I restarted the computer to install a Windows update, and after restart my client (Gog Galaxy 2.0 beta) started downloading an update to the game -- it's 9.7 GB in size. I don't know about the Steam version, but if they are the same for all PC store versions, that's the size of the patch.

Six and a half hours till hour zero (at the moment, the time is around 17:30 UTC).

Exact same thing happened to me earlier, I'm guessing that is the regular english version patch for PC

EDIT: Anyone else glued to this site: https://yourcountdown.to/cyberpunk-2077

Exact same thing happened to me earlier, I'm guessing that is the regular english version patch for PC

EDIT: Anyone else glued to this site: https://yourcountdown.to/cyberpunk-2077
I also have the English version. And I'm only getting 9.7Gigs.
And no. I'm counting down on my phone. But thanks for the link :)
Post automatically merged:

Ooooh. Now the ISP has deemed me worthy of full advertised speed.

Should be done just after the game officially launches in less than an hour. WHOOOO!

Last edited:
Oh ffs. 1AM? I had 1 free day today that I could not use to play, now I work til sunday.
Had hoped to at least mess around for 1 hour with the character generation before having to go to bed, but now I have to wait for a 10 hour workday to be over to even start up the game.
Thursday releases are the biggest crap for me.

Top Bottom