Glorious Hunt -Discarding Self

+
Glorious Hunt -Discarding Self

Thought is was a bug at first or I discarded it by accident. But nope if its 0-0 the card will discard itself. Causing me to lose :(

How does Glorous Hunt work?

I am considering crafting Glorious Hunt, but I am unsure of how it works.

If I play Glorious Hunt when we are tied on points, do I get an Imperial manticore or a Manticore venom?

What happens if the only unit on play is an immune werewolf, controlled by me? I should get a Manticore venom, but I cannot target the werewolf, so what happens? The Manticore venom just gets discarded?

In the case of a tie the card does nothing; it just discards itself.

The latter case... never seen that happen, but I'd imagine the Venom does get discarded.

gabusan;n10709191 said:
What happens if the only unit on play is an immune werewolf, controlled by me? I should get a Manticore venom, but I cannot target the werewolf, so what happens? The Manticore venom just gets discarded?

If a special doesn't have a valid target it will be discarded to the graveyard.

TigersEye120;n10709311 said:
Sry for offtopic but why would you use that with spotters?

It's played in the NG Handbuff archetype that tries to create a big/strong unit to use with Spotters and Wyvern Scale Shield by using Emhyr to play Mandrake and then take Manticore (Glorious Hunt) back into your hand.

gabusan;n10709191 said:
[...]
correct. Immune units can't be directly targeted, even by their owners.

Glorious Hunt

This card does absolutely nothing when you are drawing.

No where does it state that the card will force a loss if used when drawing.

well if you want to be technical, it does... but I share your annoyance that it's a dead card when you're even

I've just played against a player who used this card at the beginning of round 3; nothing happened, he forfeited. Maybe it was you ?
I was wondering this morning what would happen with this card, in case of a tie. I have the answer.
I think this card should allow you to spawn a Manticore, in case of tie, it would be fairer.

Yeah, you just need to play that card at the right moment and not while you are even. But in general I'd say it feels a bit too weak considering how situational it is.

Shouldn't be a hard fix to make and rephrasing would go as simple as
"If winning, spawn manticore venom.
Else, spawn imperial manticore"

Though I've always wondered with this card being in game who would play manticore instead of glorious hunt other than toad prince synergy?

You're all right. And that's exactly what I expected it to do and thus why I played it. Seeing as you often draw at the start of a match the ideal solution and OBVIOUS manner the card should handle a draw is by spawning the unit.

Fortunately, you discover this rule during a pretty unimportant match, not during a decisive game that might have allowed you to reach rank 21.
As you, I'm still discovering the real meaning of some words and their effects in game.
For example, Birna "applies" a skellige storm on an enemy row, she does not "spawn" it. Which means that skellige storm card is not created, and doest not end in the player graveyard. Therefore, Aglais can't steal this card from the opponent graveyard.
Sometimes, I forget this fatal rule and play a "vanilla" Aglais just after my opponent played Birna.

Hybridizationn : Manticore also creates synergy with ghouls and Ozzrel. Thanks to the manticore, you may have a 17 STR bronze card. Not bad, If you ask me.

Roi_Barbichette;n10749911 said:
Hybridizationn : Manticore also creates synergy with ghouls and Ozzrel. Thanks to the manticore, you may have a 17 STR bronze card. Not bad, If you ask me.

Yeah but you can use glorious hunt which can be tutored and thus be more reliable for that as I think the manticore spawned from that goes to the graveyard if I'm not entirely mistaken

You're right.

But with the Manticore card, you have the assurance that you will be able to play a Manticore. This is not the case with Glorious Hunt.
So, the Manticore card offers more consistency.

Top Bottom