Glowing eyes

+
Why do the eyes glow in the dark? Is it a graphics setting? How can I make it stop?

Attachments

• photomode_15122020_043908.png
    photomode_15122020_043908.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,079
Nope, did this very quest a little earlier today and his eyes were fine.

I have to say, the outside of the car is also extremely bright. Looks like it might be your graphical settings.

Its your settings, its super bright outside too, or maybe its a bug so try to restart the game

It's related to Ray Tracing, I have the same problem in dark environments. Seems that RT is not being correctly applied to the eyes, so whenever the body is shadowed they stand out, even brighter due to the bloom effect.

Attachments

• RT_on.png
    RT_on.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 945
  • RT_off.png
    RT_off.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 942
It happened with Jackie and Dexter too. I guess I will try to fiddle with the ray tracing settings. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Why do the eyes glow in the dark? Is it a graphics setting? How can I make it stop?

I would notice it when they would say they are sending data over to you like they are accessing some sort of internet, sending over communication message or transfering you money.

I would notice it when they would say they are sending data over to you like they are accessing some sort of internet, sending over communication message or transfering you money.
But this is different to that blue holo over them, or the colored lights of cyber eyes. This is not an intended effect. Please check the screenshots from my previous reply to see the difference.

I have the same issue too. Mostly when you are in a car with someone, but noticed it other times too (e.g. when I talked to Panam in a dark tent). Does anyone know a solution other than turn RT off? :|

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2020-12-20 18_11_37.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 2020-12-20 18_11_37.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 526
The bug is still there. It's affecting my game quite a lot. The eyes are sometimes very bright, sometimes very dark, sometimes they change colors, and sometimes they have a 'haze' on them. It's only with RTX on.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h36m11s591.png
    vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h36m11s591.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 369
  • vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h36m31s987.png
    vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h36m31s987.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 445
  • vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h36m50s920.png
    vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h36m50s920.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 455
  • vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h37m30s814.png
    vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h37m30s814.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 456
  • vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h38m08s790.png
    vlcsnap-2021-01-08-02h38m08s790.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 427
I'm pretty sure it is related to Ray-Traced Lighting option being buggy. Happens to me randomly too to this day and I have no solution to it. Seems to be RT shader/denoiser related.

I have messed around with the RT .ini options too but to no avail. But increasing memory budget for RT seems to make this bug happens less often in my experience.

The bug in my game looks like this:

lol op is at the same part as me where i decided to look up, cyberpunk glowing eyes. guess this part was the straw that broke the camel's back, great minds think alike :-D this pic's environment was even darker a moment before i took the picture the eyes looked even more unreal :p (this game looks pretty crazy tho, i'm very happy), he looks totally different pretty much with rt off according to the pics by someone else above (ex: tattoos and more details visible at this moment), i didn't realize this guy had crazy tattoos til i saw the screenshots above :-S
cyberpunkglowingeyes.jpg

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but this is an issue with RTX lighting and RTX reflections amplifying each other when enabled simultaneously. Either option on it's own looks fine, but both together create the over-bright glow in the pictures.

Same happens to the walls in the hallway going to Clouds. Unless they've fixed that. There are patch notes in a previous patch that indicates they fixed this problem in some environments, but I personally haven't been back to Clouds to see if that was one of the instances referred to.

Clearly they haven't fixed the eyes yet, as I am still seeing this post 1.2.

Yep I have this issue as well. If I put off rt (so all rt settings) it's gone. Also it seems if I set the ligtning off it's also gone (shadows are already off)

Last edited:
Yeeh RTX bug allrigth.

RTX - IT gives, but it takes away. And so, Thanks nvidia for another physix like gimmick.

But if I have to choose between awesome water and goofy characters, or meh water but consistently nice characters. The choice is clear.

Last edited:
Same here. I already reported the bug to the technical support a couple of months ago and they are aware of the issue. Let's hope the next patch will get rid of this.

same when im in a car with panam during the day
her eyes glow just like that

only noticed the issue with my rtx3090 and raytracing
didnt notice it with my gtx1080ti (no raytracing)

Top Bottom