GOG didn't release the 1.06 patch notes

+
GOG didn't release the 1.06 patch notes

GOG did not release patch notes with the 1.06 patch. 490MB is an awfully big patch to have no notes as to what is being changed. That needs to be rectified. There should be change notes with any update no matter how small but this one is big.

GOG Galaxy Patch Notes:
Patch 1.06
- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'.
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu.
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'.
- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'.
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy.

yeah

Well the patch is named 1.01 to 1.06 It's prolly everything that they've patched. It's the only patch after 1.01 that they actually allow us to DL. I'm pretty sure that the size is because it's compiled of all the previous patches

So they worked 10 days on these 5 things. Truly amazing. It's a good thing that LoD issues finally get addressed and are a top priority. Oh wait, according to the patch notes they are not even being mentioned *shock*. So does that mean they did not even start looking into it???? *gasps*. But, not all hope is lost, I mean it is a far more pressing concern anyway to make sure that Geralt's clothes aren't wet after leaving the menu. It sure is far more important than some minor texture pop-ins throughout the entire game (I'm being sarcastic btw).

Just a FYI that for me GOG lists the patch as 283MB. Seems (and from playtime would appear to be true) CDPR are screwing up witcher 3 more than they are fixing it with every patch.

Just a FYI that for me GOG lists the patch as 283MB. Seems (and from playtime would appear to be true) CDPR are screwing up witcher 3 more than they are fixing it with every patch.

I downloaded with GOG and my patch was 400 something mb. So it has nothing to do with the client

no, they worked on other 'things' as well, but those won't make it in until future patches. some issues cannot be solved in a week.

I didn't realize you were a dev. My apologies. And well, what can I say? Statements such as the one I made happen when there is zero updates coming from the devs. I haven't seen them comment on the LoD issue anywhere throughout the forum. I only saw one forum member post that he had been told in an email that they were working on it. The only performance-related post from a red was stating that performance was always top priority for them. Now look at these patch notes. Do you see anything performance related in there? All fanboyism aside?

I really don't understand why some ppl get so defensive when valid criticism is voiced. It's not like you can pretend these texture pop-ins or other LoD issues don't exist (and mind you I'm running the game on what the game itself considers to be a high end rig or not all settings would have been set to ultra by default when I first fired it up)

i'm pretty sure they are working to improve the LOD problem, bcs it's related to several issues, like the bugged animation in novigrad, shadows popping sometimes, invisible bandits, etc... since all of those are controlled by LOD, not just textures (specifically, texture LOD is called mip mapping).

i can tell you they're working on a camera rotation fix. the cvars are there, but they don't seem to do anything yet, as of v1.06.

Last edited:
So they worked 10 days on these 5 things. Truly amazing. It's a good thing that LoD issues finally get addressed and are a top priority. Oh wait, according to the patch notes they are not even being mentioned *shock*. So does that mean they did not even start looking into it???? *gasps*. But, not all hope is lost, I mean it is a far more pressing concern anyway to make sure that Geralt's clothes aren't wet after leaving the menu. It sure is far more important than some minor texture pop-ins throughout the entire game (I'm being sarcastic btw).

It is a pretty small number of fixes considering the length of time it took them to get it out the door. I am also disappointed they continue to fail at publicly acknowledging and tracking bugs.

specifically, texture LOD is called mip mapping

I've been playing around with that as well, to no effect. Sadly. I mean I really get that they need to implement some scaling. You can't have high res textures from 600 miles away. But they could definitely do it in a more subtle manner. So I'm more complaining about the way they do it and not that they do it per se.

If there was a more seamless transition I wouldn't say a thing. But if I see new textures popping up simply by going but a few steps closer to an object this is just meh and not something I would consider "subtle" (like the rooftop screenshots I posted in another thread. One step closer to a building ==> entirely new textures. And it's not like I was miles away either. Stuff like that is really killing a game for me)

Last edited:
One step closer to a building ==> entirely new textures.

i think you're exaggerating. yea, theres some issue with pop-in of textures, and it affects everything, but NPCs mostly. buildings at a greater distance. there's another effect tho which has nothing to do with resolution. the game uses detail brushes (i dont think it's same as decals, cuz those options have no effect on it), which have a higher LOD value, but still same texture mips... so you end up with stuff like railing, beams, windowframes, doors, chipped bricks(detail) etc popping in late... there are a few cases where different res mips dont match. basically, lots of culling, hence you get stuff popping in (needs ini options for LOD)... but anyways, 2 dif problems.

Last edited:
I've been playing around with that as well, to no effect. Sadly. I mean I really get that they need to implement some scaling. You can't have high res textures from 600 miles away. But they could definitely do it in a more subtle manner. So I'm more complaining about the way they do it and not that they do it per se.

If there was a more seamless transition I wouldn't say a thing. But if I see new textures popping up simply by going but a few steps closer to an object this is just meh and not something I would consider "subtle" (like the rooftop screenshots I posted in another thread. One step closer to a building ==> entirely new textures. And it's not like I was miles away either. Stuff like that is really killing a game for me)
It would be great if you'd stop adding this to the discussion. It's a VERY common technique used in several dozens of games right now. ESPECIALLY open world games. It's just what they have to do with current hardware and console parity. The pop-in that I talk about is a bigger issue as necklaces, faces, hair, etc. popping in during cutscenes is a little... disturbing to say the least. Yours won't be totally "fixed" in patches but mine can. Hopefully.

Witcher does have a slightly different file system: they are so big because you always download the actual patch.bundle file. This file is 263.MB big in size. Since the file always get replaced even a small change will make the patch 263 MB big. .bundle seems to be a witcher-specific archive-file.

I am sure that it is possible to create smaller patches and not replace the patch.bundle but then the patch might break on some systems that modifies the patch.bundle (that do nearly every mod for witcher 3)

It would be great if you'd stop adding this to the discussion. It's a VERY common technique used in several dozens of games right now. ESPECIALLY open world games. It's just what they have to do with current hardware and console parity. The pop-in that I talk about is a bigger issue as necklaces, faces, hair, etc. popping in during cutscenes is a little... disturbing to say the least. Yours won't be totally "fixed" in patches but mine can. Hopefully.

I don't even know what kind of pop-in you're talking about so would you please stop jumping in my face like that, especially considering you don't seem to have a clue what I was referring to either. At least I never talked about about minor details such as "necklaces, faces, hair" either which makes it even more awkward. I don't give a f*** if a woman wears a necklace when I first spot her, I doubt one could even spot such a minor detail while ingame. I'm talking about entire buildings (or objects in general) changing textures from a very short distance and quite visibly so. I have never even hinted at talking about NPCs missing hair (and have not noticed it either) so I really don't see where you're coming from.

Top Bottom