GoG Galaxy 2.0 - Multilauncher Solution At Last?

+
Now THIS looks very cool!

"GOG Galaxy 2.0. The technology, which was publicly unveiled on 22 May 2019, provides a single point of access to all purchased games, enabling communication with buddies and tracking their progress regardless of their preferred gaming platforms. "

https://www.gog.com/news/bgog_galaxy_20b_all_your_games_and_friends_in_one_place_copy3

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gog-announces-gog-galaxy-20-an-app-designed-to-fix/1100-6467097/

I've been looking for this ever since..well ever since I had to install my second launcher. If (when) this works and works well, it will be -super- nice.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Already a registered member!

Was pretty bare bones content wise back then, will be checking it out again.

Anyone who tried and was frustrated with GoG Galaxy 4 years ago, I recommend taking another look.

Current version never crashes on me and is a minimal resource use. I leave it running for days and -don't- get annoying notifications I don't want, my games update easily and Witcher, KC:Deliverance and Pillars launch smoothly and without issue.

Really quite pleased.

I've never had issues with the current Galaxy (because I only installed it in 2016) and I'm definitely interested in 2.0. Signed up for the beta last night.

!!!

Looking forward to it.

The only thing I like about steam is that it powers engines and epic ain't so epic. Hopefully GOG can come out on top and bring it all together...I'm hoping that everyone who supports 2077 is doing the same for GOG.

'19-'20 is looking like the time for CDPR to blow everything else outta the water. Woot!

At least CDPR is taking note of the problems that exist with other game platforms. They are listening to gamers. As it stands right now, I think most people use other platforms because of familiarity and popularity. All the platforms have quirks and issues, but I have been wondering why the hell no one has done this already?

Bring your friends together with the games you play. Or visa-versa, simple, right?
Obviously, most platforms are examples of how humans are great at complicating things for their own benefit.

GoG deserves more credit.

Yeah it looks really good. Galaxy has gone from strength to strength and this does look like an answer for a lot of the current woes of the 1001 launchers.

Guest 4211861

fine. hardly anything good on the other ones.

no, I don't have more than 2 launchers.

I want this so badly, the more i know about CDPR and the more i see of the industry the more i want to support them, if gog let me bring my entire library to it will become easier to support them.

Not so cool, since there is still no Linux version. Smaller stores like itch.io and bigger ones (Steam) released Linux clientsand support Linux on the backend for a long time already. Surely GOG can too.

Not that I personally plan to use closed clients anyway, but the problem are missing Linux games on GOG, which developers skip due to missing Galaxy support.

Anyone else beta testing this?
It's so weird seeing all my digital games (not that I have anything except GOG and Steam) listed in one place. :D

Anyone else beta testing this?
It's so weird seeing all my digital games (not that I have anything except GOG and Steam) listed in one place. :D

Yep. And it's very cool. I use it for everything now. And even though I got in on my non-games account, if I start a game from my desktop that -is- on my gaming GoG account, GoG 2.0 adds it and will run it from the interface.

So nice.

I have some overlap between my GOG and Steam accounts, which makes the library look a bit wonky (duplicate games) unless filtered by platform. :p

The bookmark system is super useful. And the darker background colour (except on the forums) is a huge improvement compared to the bright white.

What I should do is test whether it can pick up a game not on any digital platform (older games from CD-ROM era).
Doesn't sound like it -- but what if I manually add such games to my Steam library first... :think:

I wonder why CDPR/GOG don't include patch notes and other stuff like TWIG in the launcher just like Blizzard does it. Everything in one place where you start your games.

I just want to give a shoutout to 2.0. It's really cool to have all my games (PSN, GoG and Steam accounts) synced up in one place where you can see all your games. Also has worked like a charm for me thus far with no real issues.
I have some overlap between my GOG and Steam accounts, which makes the library look a bit wonky (duplicate games) unless filtered by platform. :p
You can hide duplicate games (I did that with my Witcher 3 and Witcher 3 GOTY). Though not sure this was possible back in August (I got my account in October).

Top Bottom