GOG offering W1 & 2 EE free with expansion pass, retroactive too!

+
GOG offering W1 & 2 EE free with expansion pass, retroactive too!

Hi all! I know this is tangentially related and I'm not sure if it's been posted. But, right now GOG is offering The Witcher and The Witcher 2, both Enhanced Editions, for free with pre-order of the expansion pass.

If, like me, you already pre-ordered, don't worry! GOG already added your codes under the details of the expansion pass. Just click on it in your account game listing. Then click to redeem. Thought I'd make a post to let people know who maybe thought they got shafted for being early purchasers.

Thank you CDPR/GOG for continuing to be awesome. Now I can finally have an EE copy of Witcher 2 and have digital copies of both. :D

I won't say that CD Projekt and CDPR don't care about their consumers and fans, but a lot of this is PR and to gain a lot more "trust" and "respect" since majority of AAA are bunch of greedy fuckers in suits that got no right being involved with gaming, and they don;t relate to us in any way.

Still, that is an awesome deal (That tactic is working!)

I wonder if they are thinking of releasing 1 and 2 on xbone and ps4... Ok, perhaps I'm not ;)

I would purchase it anyway. i feel that they deserve my money, because this is the best game i've played and also it runs nearly flawless on my 980. however i usually preorder games 1-2 day before release and not any earlier, so i hope they will still give me the 2 other witcher games.

I mean i think this game alone ( witcher 3) worth 60Euro+ without anything added. and we get 2 expansions 2 other witcher game and neverwinter knights diamond edition and also 16 dlcs. thats 3 games and 16 dlcs free :D they seem to have a glorious PR team ! big up for CDPR!

@Ravici I highly doubt that, hahaha.

Even though they had plans of releasing the first Witcher on PS3 (And X360 if they didn't?) CDPR abandoned the project for complete focus on Witcher 2, and they absolutely hated Cell Core architecture.

And even though Witcher 2 was on X360, it wasn't a console port, and the console version was beyond inferior in every single way, thus those like myself who have it on PC were ever grateful to CDPR not doing a terrible console port.

For them to even think of releasing a "Definitive Edition" to Xbone and PS4... Oh gawd, the resources! I'd rather have Cyberpunk become the teams main focus after the 2nd Expansion pack for Witcher 3.

I know you were joking, but hey! At least we know why Witcher never made it on PS3.

@Ravici I highly doubt that, hahaha.

Even though they had plans of releasing the first Witcher on PS3 (And X360 if they didn't?) CDPR abandoned the project for complete focus on Witcher 2, and they absolutely hated Cell Core architecture.

And even though Witcher 2 was on X360, it wasn't a console port, and the console version was beyond inferior in every single way, thus those like myself who have it on PC were ever grateful to CDPR not doing a terrible console port.

For them to even think of releasing a "Definitive Edition" to Xbone and PS4... Oh gawd, the resources! I'd rather have Cyberpunk become the teams main focus after the 2nd Expansion pack for Witcher 3.

I know you were joking, but hey! At least we know why Witcher never made it on PS3.

Hehe I was a pc gamer many years ago but gave up when it came to buying a new machine every 6mths :)

It's all good. I just enjoy having a giggle every now and then ;)

Wait, what?! Every 6- you were doing something extremely wrong, @Ravici

I've built my current PC back in 2011 and still using the same Mobo, CPU and RAM. Only the GPU has been replaced from a 6970 to a 270x and I plan to upgrade that to the new 300x series later this year, around Q4.

Wait, what?! Every 6- you were doing something extremely wrong, @Ravici

I've built my current PC back in 2011 and still using the same Mobo, CPU and RAM. Only the GPU has been replaced from a 6970 to a 270x and I plan to upgrade that to the new 300x series later this year, around Q4.

The last time I built a machine was 10yrs before you built your last one my friend. I guess things moved a bit faster lol :D

Like 1GB stick costing as much as 8GB right now? ...yup, I remember those days...

Me, myself and my Pentium 4, and my horrible HIS Radeon HD550 which wasn't meant for gaming, but the GPU's were even more costly than today, had only 1GB RAM and a 2nd stick cost $80.

Like 1GB stick costing as much as 8GB right now? ...yup, I remember those days...

Me, myself and my Pentium 4, and my horrible HIS Radeon HD550 which wasn't meant for gaming, but the GPU's were even more costly than today, had only 1GB RAM and a 2nd stick cost $80.

You're making me feel old now :p

I make myself feel old everyday, and 20's ain't even old.

After High School I got a x286 then a couple years later the super expensive x386. Played SSI games on that like there was no tomorrow. It had 2KB of memory too which cost more hundreds more for it. =)

So... I already have both the games and pre-ordered the third game, plus bought the expansion pass before the game even came out. I guess I don't understand why owners of the first two games don't get the expansion pass for free too, but whatevs.

I thought of waiting for the Steam Summer Sale to see if Witcher 2 would be on sale, but this'll do nicely as well :)

Rather have expansion for free. I already bought W1 and W2 EE. I been a full supporter of Witcher series.

Until i get some gwent cards and a cloth map mailed to me, they can bill microsoft for my dlc.

While CDPR may have completely dropped their principles, i have not dropped mine, and $200 is enough of a tip in my direction for a censored console port and no gwent cards.

I like my censored console port dont get me wrong, but i can live without dlc, sorry cdpr the horse has bolted with this customer.

Top Bottom